It is currently Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:49 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:18 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:09 am
Posts: 2889
Location: England
Vale Starcloud

"Quickly, let's get out of here!" The young jedi says, whirling his lightsaber back and forth to deflect incoming shots until everyone is safely up the crawltube. As soon as the last person is through, he leaps in and scrambles up the ladder.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:57 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:58 am
Posts: 2773
Third level/Fourth level of Strange alien ship/station in 'Otherspace'


As the Rebels hurriedly climb up the 'ladder' in the crawl tube to avoid the alien on-rush, Professor Clark in the lead comes to the top of the ladder and is surprised when an armor-covered hand grabs him by his wrist and 'helps' him get to the top of the floor with a yank and shove. As he rolls over from the force of the unexpected 'help', he is surprised to see a tall, strongly-built human woman with dark hair, body armor and a cape give him a smirk and say; "You're a big one...this next one should be easier"; before doing the same reach down and pull/shove thing with a startled Jackson Crodowski....

Clark remembers that one of the last two, unaccounted for prisoners from the Celestial was the famous/infamous Bounty Hunter named Zardra and that clearly, this MUST be her. She was ignoring the Academic Rebel though and was currently 'helping' out by yanking Gavin Storm up and out of the way while calling out; "Hurry your bloody Rebel behinds up, would ya?!!" while grunting to help the tall form of Zinn Vallimar get clear of the crawl-tube....

She then saw Zuul and said, mostly to herself...."yeah...he's gonna have to get clear himself", while watching the big Barabel struggle up and out of the way. As she did so, she pulled a thermal detonator off of her thick web belt that was loaded with weapons and pouches holding who-knows-what kind of equipment and armed it....

Vale blocked a couple of incoming energy blasts with his lightsaber and did his best to stay calm as he saw more and more alien warriors detach from the webbing above to join the rush of the horde closing on them. Seeing Zuul make his way into and up the crawl tube, the young Jedi inactivated his lightsaber and rushed up the tube, all the while hearing the skittering sounds of the alien warriors as they too began to enter the crawltube to chase their prey. The young Jedi was considering what to do as Zuul finally exited to the next level up when he was unexpectedly yanked up and out of the shaft while watching a silvery sphere making an alarming, rising-in-volume sound get dropped down where he had just been....

"Everybody step back!"; Zardra yelled and as everyone stepped/rolled away from the crawltube entrance the sound of a massive explosion echoed throughout the chamber and a palpable shockwave shook the floor, vibrated all of them about a meter in random directions and the structure of the crawltube itself collapsed, falling inward to bury the alien warriors on the level below and close them off, at least from using this means of ingress, from this level.....

As everyone took deep breaths and did their best to regain their sense of hearing after that, they each looked over to Zardra and took in the sight of the tall, muscular woman in armor and her smirk of confidence. They had each heard stories of the Bounty Hunter and tales of her deadly prowess and enjoyment of personal combat. The Force Pike she casually picked up, the Heavy Blaster pistol holstered at her side, the Vibroblade sheathed on the outside of her boot and the several visible grenades and thermal detonators certainly would seem to give credence to many of the legends. Gavin remembered hearing a story that the cape she wore was actually a weapon she could toss on someone and it would wrap them up in a powerful stun blast.

She just smirked at them and noticing their battered condition, snorted and said; "Well...you're a sorry looking lot, but you made this far, so clearly there's something to you. Here....if we're gonna make it outta here alive, you'll need these"; and she tosses a satchel that holds half-a-dozen Medpacs into the middle of the group. "I'm pretty sure you all know who I am....what do I call you?"


Last edited by max_vale on Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:13 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 18237
Location: Central Vermont
Gavin "Gavin Storm, why'd you help us Zardra?" the smuggler asks looking a little confused about the rapid turn of events. "Not that I am unthankful mostly just confused."

_________________
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred

Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Kelben Timbers Rock Gnome Rogue - Dave's 5e Game
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Minn's Mound
Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Seven Human - Anything Goes: Vol. 1 (beta run)
Tomlin Ballynn Half-Elf Ranger & Drogo Underbough Halfling Cleric - Into the Unknown (1ed/2ed)


DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)
DM - Arena of Thyatis & Legions of Thyatis (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:38 pm 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:14 pm
Posts: 277
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
"Regardless, I'm glad you're here. I'm Professor Jones." Clark says.

((OOC: It looks to me like Clark, Gavin, and Zinn are wounded (-1D), whereas Zuul and Vale are currently OK. Is this correct?))


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:27 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:58 am
Posts: 2773
OOC: kipper: Correct...and you can add Jackson Crodowski to the list of Wounded as well....leaving just Vale and Zuul as the only two non-wounded members of the party


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:27 am 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:26 am
Posts: 762
Zuul

Zuul nods in respect to the bounty hunter. "Many thankss. He iss called Zuul. You seem to be in good condition." Zuul looks Zarda up and down. "Do you have a plan to escape?"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:27 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:24 am
Posts: 2322
Location: Baltimore MD
Jackson looks at the satchel and with a sincere expression says "Thanks. Jackson," he says nodding to indicate that Jackson was his name. "Aside from the obvious answer, how have you survived unscathed? We've come across some of the others and they have not faired well."


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:21 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:09 am
Posts: 2889
Location: England
Vale brushes the dirt off his sleeves. "It would not have hurt to see whether anyone was still climbing out of the chute before tossing a detonator down there. Nevertheless, it was a well-timed attack. We certainly owe you our gratitude. I am Vale."

As he moves to help anyone in need of medical services, he takes notice of her force pike and raises a quizzical eyebrow. "I see you carry one of the more unusual weapons of the Jedi warriors. Was that taken from a bounty of yours?"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:37 pm 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:38 pm
Posts: 284
Zinn stands hunched over for a few moments, hands on his knees, simply breathing. When the bounty hunter introduces herself, and asks their names, he straightens and nods at her. "Thanks for the help. Your intervention was well-timed indeed."


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group