It is currently Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:32 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:52 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:58 am
Posts: 2769
Third level of Strange alien ship/station in 'Otherspace'


After checking for any of Zinn or Jackson's lost weapons or armor and finding nothing; the party of Rebels quickly moves across the last 'web-bridge' and comes to a plateau that has another crawl tube leading up about 20 meters in front of them. The ceiling above them is thickly covered in webbing and the Agents take a moment to catch their breath....

Doing a quick assessment of the situation; everyone except for Vale and Zuul were hurt; though all were ambulatory and able to take action* and looking at their weapon situation; while Jackson and Zinn were completely unarmed at the moment, the rest of the party had the following equipment....

-Professor Clark had his trusty Blaster Carbine with attached Vibrobayonet that was a souvenir from a defeated foe from the past; Crutag the Taloran hunter. He also had a Blaster Pistol and a Vibroblade.

-Gavin Storm also had a Blaster Carbine and a Heavy Blaster Pistol on his hip along with a Vibroblade as well.

-Vale Starcloud had his Lightsaber and a Blaster Pistol at his side.

-Zuul Ksska had quite an arsenal of weapons. He too had a Blaster Carbine, but he was also lugging around a Double-barrel Flechette Launcher (giant shotgun); though he only had 2 canisters left for the weapon, both currently loaded, one in each barrel. He had a large, .48 caliber 'Enforcer' Slugthrower pistol, a pair of large knives and 1 frag grenade.

As the party took stock of their weapons and figured out who got what; they all suddenly began to hear a strange scratching sound coming from the ceiling.....


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:39 am 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:14 pm
Posts: 275
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Clark is in the middle of handing his blaster pistol over when the sound is heard. He tosses the pistol to Zinn as he shouts: "Quickly, let's move!", then points towards the crawl tube about 20 meters away. He begins to hustle in that direction, while directing worried glances towards the webbing overhead.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:53 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 17772
Location: Central Vermont
Gavin hands over his heavy blaster pistol to anyone without a weapon. "Anyone need a weapon take this."

_________________
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred

Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Seven Human - Anything Goes: Vol. 1 (beta run)
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon
Tomlin Ballynn Half-Elf Ranger - Into the Unknown (1ed/2ed)


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:59 am 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:26 am
Posts: 685
Zuul

"Lead on. He will secure the rear." Zuul pulls his carbine and watches the ceiling as his companions enter the tube. He will enter last.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:43 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:24 am
Posts: 2289
Location: Baltimore MD
Jackson takes a hold of the blaster pistol offered by Gavin and with a nod of thanks follows the others.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:31 pm 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:38 pm
Posts: 282
"Thanks," Zinn says as he catches the blaster. Checking the charge, he mutters, "I am NOT gonna become the next of these frackin' things."

Upon hearing the noises coming from above, he makes a visual scan, bringing his weapon to bear. "Contact above!" he warns the group, looking for the source of the noise.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:20 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:58 am
Posts: 2769
Third level of Strange alien ship/station in 'Otherspace'


As Jackson takes the Heavy Blaster Pistol from Gavin and Zinn takes the Blaster Pistol from Clark; the noise above causes the Rebel operatives to look up and they see the terrifying sights of DOZENS of the alien spider-like Warriors moving in the webbing perhaps 20 some meters over their heads....

Professor Clark doesn't waste any time and he immediately sprints towards the Crawl-tube that contains a 'ladder' leading to the level above them....

Zuul steps to one side, his Blaster Carbine at the ready as he prepares to cover his comrades as they rush towards the Crawl-tube and a way out. The Barabel sees 5 or 6 of the aliens drop down to their level on strands of webbing, coming to a rest perhaps 10 meters away as his teammates rush past him. The group of aliens is clustered together in a group and all hissing at him as they stare menacingly at the big, Reptilian alien...

Gavin Storm follows the Professor and the two of them are just about at the crawl-tube when they look back and see 5 or 6 of the alien spider-like warriors 'drop' from the webbing above them while another 20+ aliens continue to scurry about some 20 meters or so above their heads.....

Vale Starcloud follows Clark and Gavin and like them, he now stands next to the crawl-tube and looking back he sees the horde of Spider-like warriors above them and 5 or 6 now on the 'plateau' with them; perhaps 30 meters away....

Jackson Crodowksi follows the herd of rebels, keeping his newly acquired Heavy Blaster Pistol at the ready and reaches the crawl-tube with the Professor, Vale and Gavin before looking back and taking in the sight of Zuul staying back to cover them; half-a-dozen warriors dropping down in a group to their level and 20 or more warriors still skittering about in the webs above them...

Zinn Vallimar, a new Blaster Pistol in hand keeps his eyes on the horde of aliens above them as he back-pedals towards to the crawl-tube; getting within about 5 meters from the 'ladder' and perhaps 25 meters from the half-dozen alien warriors that have dropped to their level....


*So the crawl-tube is basically a tunnel or pipe with a hole big enough to walk into it at 'ground level' leading up and inside of which is a series of hand/feet holds.

**Right now Clark, Gavin, Jackson and Vale are basically at the crawltube with Zinn perhaps 5 meters away from them and Zuul a good 20 meters away and about 10 metes from the group of aliens on the 'ground' (the same group of aliens is about 25 meters from Zinn and 30 meters from everyone else)

***There are 20+ aliens in the webbing above the Rebels at ranges varying from 20 meters away (directly above them) to maybe 40 meters away


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:30 am 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:14 pm
Posts: 275
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
"We're here, Zuul, time to move!" Clark shouts. He will wait to cover Zuul's approach to the tube. If Zuul gets close without undue incident, Clark will head up the tube.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:37 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 17772
Location: Central Vermont
Gavin "This is not good. We need to run."

_________________
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred

Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Seven Human - Anything Goes: Vol. 1 (beta run)
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon
Tomlin Ballynn Half-Elf Ranger - Into the Unknown (1ed/2ed)


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:38 am 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:26 am
Posts: 685
Zuul

Growling and hissing at the spider aliens, Zuul is torn. Part of him wants to fight and rend. Another part is able to hear Clark's shouts.

Zuul decides.

"He will not be killed in this cursed place." He growls as he slowly walks backwards towards the tube. "He is not retreating from battle, he is strengthening his position."

If the spider things attack, Zuul will turn and run to the tube.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:41 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 17772
Location: Central Vermont
Gavin not liking the odds in this being vastly outnumbered the smuggler turns with Zuul to try and help hold off the enemy so the others can catch up. After all they don't have a way off this damned place back to the normal galaxy/space. "Guess I may was well go down fighting then."

_________________
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred

Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Seven Human - Anything Goes: Vol. 1 (beta run)
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon
Tomlin Ballynn Half-Elf Ranger - Into the Unknown (1ed/2ed)


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:52 pm 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:38 pm
Posts: 282
Zinn takes aim at the closest alien, but does not yet fire; he maintains cover for Zuul and Gavin as they make their way towards the rest of the party.

If the aliens attack, Zinn will fire.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group