It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:34 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:50 am 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:14 pm
Posts: 272
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Clark does his best to bind his own wound and Gavin's, at least to keep us going and not bleed out on the spot.

"Be quick about it", he says to Zuul as he nods in agreement with Vale, "We've got to keep moving."


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:33 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 17455
Location: Central Vermont
Gavin holding his injuries moves on.

_________________
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred

Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Cormac MacCulain Human Fighter - Adventures on the Borderlands of Lamora
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Hot Streak - Villian - Rebirth of Power
Ivan Volkov Human - Mechwarrior2 3028 campaign
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:01 pm 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:38 pm
Posts: 279
Zinn will help with the binding of wounds first, gathering whatever scraps of cloth he can find (possibly slicing strips off of the clothing he has stored in his rucksack). As their wounded get the best care available at the moment, he pipes up. "I know that assassin droid heard what I said, even in the middle of all of what was going on. It will be considering what we said. We'll need to be careful, but we can't simply count it out yet."

Once the makeshift bandaging is done, he'll go help Zuul with examining the web shooter; if it's something they can detach and hopefully use, it will be worth a few moments to figure that out and, perhaps, have it at the ready, rather than stuck in a bag.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:05 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:24 am
Posts: 2252
Location: Baltimore MD
Jackson will assist Zuul with the web shooter.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:05 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:58 am
Posts: 2764
Third level of Strange alien ship/station in 'Otherspace'



Zinn Valimar removes one of his Flight/Space utility suits from his pack and cuts off portions to help use as bindings for the wounded; which pretty much includes the entire party except for Zuul and Vale. As this is happening; several of the party attempt to figure out if they can use the 'web-shooter' attached to the Construct. Taking a close look at it; the Engineer Jackson and the Professor Clark determine that the weapon somehow utilizes blood and organ matter from whomever it is attached too as a 'fuel' of some sort that after entering the Web launcher; is turned into the webbing that is fired out of it. With the construct's body dead; there seems to be no way to create the 'ammunition' needed for the device to work unless one of them wanted to try and figure out how to attach it to their bodies.

Everyone kinda looked at each other and immediately recognized that NOPE; no one wanted to do THAT; so they moved on....

The party crossed over the quite long web bridge to another large 'island'; this time with nothing apparently on it. As they slowly and cautiously made their way across they saw another bridge on the far side and at about the same time, Vale Starcloud suddenly felt a strange 'Presence' in the Force and he started to call out a warning to his fellow Rebels as a strange construct seemed to literally STEP OUT OF A HOLE IN THE AIR in the middle of the butte-top 'island'.....

The construct ws humanoid and had the head and facial features of the First Officer and Head of Engineering of the Celestial; a human male named Chief Skellington that Jackson Crodowski recognized. Like Security Officers Kleegins and Beele however, there was no recognition in Skellington's eyes. A bizarre circular device that nearly filled his entire torso was humming and cast a strange yellowish-green light and as the Rebels started to snap out of their surprise; the 'chest device' launched a pair of globes that engulfed Zinn Valimar and Jackson Crodowski....

Zinn felt as if his mind was suddenly on fire and he felt as if he was being ripped apart by unseen hands and tossed sideways and when the moment passed, he suddenly felt lighter and found himself in mid-air on the side of the 'butte-island'; falling! He lashed out desperately with an arm and managed to just barely grab the edge of the rock formation and he suddenly noticed that his Full Suit of Body Armor; Helmet and all weapons were gone from his person. He WAS however, relieved that the Pack holding the Hyperdrive Motivator and Hypercoil parts was indeed, still on his person. He had little time to worry about that though as the muscles and tendons in his arm, hand and fingers were screaming at him and his wounds weren't feeling any better in this new, stretched-out position either....

Jackson Crodowski felt the same thing that Zinn had felt; his mind ablaze with pain and confusion and the feeling of being tossed and stripped; only to suddenly find himself sans Armored Clothing and all weapons and a meter in the air above Vale Starcloud. Gravity caught up right about then and he fell right into the young Jedi; both of them falling to the ground in a heap....though luckily, neither was wounded...or in Jackson's case; his wounds didn't worsen; though they DID ache enough for the Engineer to yell out in pain.....

Zuul, Professor Clark and Gavin Storm had no time to react to the strange construct that seemed to step out of a hole in mid-air and then cause one of their number (Zinn) to flash out of sight and another (Jackson) to flash out of sight; only to suddenly re-appear right above Vale and fall on top of him....


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:49 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:09 am
Posts: 2824
Location: England
Is the construct of Chief Skellington still floating in front of us? How far away is it?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:45 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:58 am
Posts: 2764
(Yes....sorry if I failed to explain it correctly....it is standing on the ground just like you all...it just 'stepped' out of thin air and is about 5-10 meters from all of you....except Zinn, who on the edge is probably 15-20 meters away. Sorry!)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:25 am 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:14 pm
Posts: 272
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Clark will charge the construct and stab at the strange device on its chest with his bayonet, attempting to damage it before it can attack again.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:49 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:24 am
Posts: 2252
Location: Baltimore MD
While Clark charges at the construct, Jackson will run to the side of the butte and help Zinn back up.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:42 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:09 am
Posts: 2824
Location: England
Vale follows Clark in, thrusting his lightsaber at the humming device on the construct's torso.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:07 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 17455
Location: Central Vermont
Gavin injured takes out his Vibro Blade and tries to help against the construct.

_________________
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred

Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Cormac MacCulain Human Fighter - Adventures on the Borderlands of Lamora
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Hot Streak - Villian - Rebirth of Power
Ivan Volkov Human - Mechwarrior2 3028 campaign
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:35 am 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:26 am
Posts: 620
Zuul

A bit late to react, Zuul watches his companions burst into action. He sees the now unarmored Jackson fall, and quickly moves to help them back on their feet.

"Neat party trick! You'd be a hit at the baths back home." Zuul drops Bertha and his carbine, then pulls out the flechette launcher.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:12 pm 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:38 pm
Posts: 279
Zinn lets out a yelp of surprise, an abbreviated noise that turns into a shout, first of dismay, then of dismay laced with pain as his wounds are taxed by the dangling position in which he now finds himself. He forces his focus to the most immediate task, beginning to get better hand- and foot-holds, and begins to climb back up to the flat surface above.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:50 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:58 am
Posts: 2764
Third level of Strange alien ship/station in 'Otherspace'


Clark and Gavin decide to rush the strange construct with their vibro-blades, but both are surprised when with a sound like a bubble popping, the construct vanishes just as they stab/slash their weapons through the spot it had occupied a moment before....

Zuul dropped his carbine and pulled out his Flechette launcher, only to hiss in annoyance as a pair of his comrades rushed into his line of fire as they charged the Construct. A moment later, the Barabel's eyes widened in surprise as the construct vanished and then suddenly seemed to 'step out of the air' right next to him and a shakily-getting-to-his-feet Vale Starcloud. The construct turned to face Zuul and there was a strange humming sound as its circular chest 'launcher' began to glow as it pointed towards the Barabel Rebel.....

Crodowski shook off the effects of suddenly having been teleported to a spot two meters or so above the earth while suddenly losing his armored clothing and blaster and then falling directly on top of his fellow Rebel Vale. Shaking his head, he noticed Zinn hanging off the edge of the 'butte' he was on and he moved over there and reached down to grab the arm of the tall pilot and help him up over the edge and back onto solid ground....

Vale rose up, a bit wobbly, to his feet after poor Jackson had been teleported right above him and 'fell' on top of him. Luckily for both the young Jedi and the Engineer, neither seem any more injured from the experience than before. Starcloud was surprised to suddenly see and 'feel' the construct 'step out of the air' right next to Zuul and near him. Seeing that its attention was focused on the Barabel, Vale ignited his Lightsaber and swung it in an awkward arc that nonetheless managed to slice into and through the construct that one part had once been Chief Engineer Skellington and drop it into two unmoving parts that tottered for a second on the edge of the butte....and then fell off over the side to vanish into the reddish mists dozens of meters below.....


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:45 pm 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:14 pm
Posts: 272
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
"Hmmmm. Onwards, before even more show up!" Clark says. He heads for the other bridge and crosses it.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:48 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 17455
Location: Central Vermont
Gavin nods and runs onward following Clark.

_________________
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred

Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Cormac MacCulain Human Fighter - Adventures on the Borderlands of Lamora
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Hot Streak - Villian - Rebirth of Power
Ivan Volkov Human - Mechwarrior2 3028 campaign
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:48 am 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:26 am
Posts: 620
Zuul

Zuul nods to Vale "Thankss for that. That thing did not seem to have my best interestss in mind."

He picks up his dropped weapons and moves on with the group.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:27 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:24 am
Posts: 2252
Location: Baltimore MD
Jackson checks around quickly for his missing equipment and then dashes after Clark.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group