It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:12 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:54 am 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:26 am
Posts: 620
Zuul

Zuul lifts his firearm and blows across the barrel like he's seen in vids. "That was most satisfying. You shall be named Bertha after a certain friend who iss also quite adept at blowing people away." He has a faraway look in his eyes, then comes back to the moment.

"Ah. Yess. He hass one last medpak for you Vale." Zuul hands over the medpack and starts crossing the new bridge where the targets came from.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:56 pm 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:38 pm
Posts: 279
Zinn nods in satisfaction as the party manages to dispense with the last of the constructs. He crosses to assist Vale in getting their teammates to safety, and stands guard, actively searching the area as medical attention is rendered.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:31 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:58 am
Posts: 2764
Third level of Strange alien ship/station in 'Otherspace'


Professor Clark Jones takes the last medpac from Zuul and uses it to clean up and bind Jackson's wounds. After a long few minutes; Crodowski regains consciousness, but stumbles about in pain; though under his own power*....

Seeing little choice but to continue on; the party of Rebels crosses another of the 'web' bridges to yet another plateau and after all have set foot on the new spot, they soon see a strange battle taking place between a pair of 'constructs' and a Droid that Jackson recognizes as the highly dangerous Assassin that escaped from the Celestial; EL-434....

One of the constructs looked like the bulk of it had once been human, but its 'hands' had been replaced with cylindrical devices, much like the plasma bolt launchers on Kleegins & Beele; but instead of firing destructive energy, they instead were spitting out webbing at the Assassin Droid. The other construct looked like some kind of vaguely insectoid alien; not QUITE like the Verpine but similar; with powerful back-bending legs and hands that ended in large metallic blades. This construct was leaping at the Droid and slicing at it, mostly failing to penetrate EL-434's powerful metallic armor; causing sparks to fly up.....

EL-434 had a powerful blaster cannon built into each arm and it was firing and burning/melting the webbing covering it, but at too slow a rate to prevent the webbing from pinning it in place. Shortly after yet ANOTHER layer of webbing was fired over the assassin Droid; the two constructs turned to see the party of Rebels standing approximately 20 meters away....


*Jackson is now merely Wounded (-1D to all actions), but he may move and take actions normally. PLEASE NOTE that the party is currently out of Medpacs


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:32 pm 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:38 pm
Posts: 279
Zinn lines up a shot, taking a round to aim at the head of one of the constructs...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:27 am 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:14 pm
Posts: 272
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Is there any alternate route away from the present conflict (other than going back the way we came)? Or do we need to pass by to proceed?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:39 am 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:26 am
Posts: 620
Zuul

Growls as he chooses to put his new friend back in her holster. "See you soon." He pulls out his carbine and fires a shot at the web-slinger.

"That weaponry lookss amazing, or maybe spectacular?"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:42 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 17452
Location: Central Vermont
Gavin "That it does Zuul." the smuggler lines up a blaster shot at the same target as Zuul and fires.

_________________
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred

Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Cormac MacCulain Human Fighter - Adventures on the Borderlands of Lamora
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Hot Streak - Villian - Rebirth of Power
Ivan Volkov Human - Mechwarrior2 3028 campaign
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:56 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:24 am
Posts: 2252
Location: Baltimore MD
"Why does this feel like choosing the lesser of two evils," Jackson says looking at the combatants. "Well, the droid we maybe can reason with." He takes sight and shoots at one of the constructs with his blaster.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:17 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:09 am
Posts: 2824
Location: England
"I wouldn't try reasoning with an assassin droid," says Vale. "Not unless we can get to his programming."

He keeps his lightsaber fired up and ready to parry shots, but joins Clark in looking for another route around the scene.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:42 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:58 am
Posts: 2764
Third level of Strange alien ship/station in 'Otherspace'


Zinn raises his blaster to his shoulder and takes careful aim at the 'web-slinger' construct, watching through a narrow field of view as several blaster bolts fired from his companions slam into the suddenly spinning web 'shield' in front of it and seem to have little effect on the web/net and then sees his chance as the same 'shield/net' is flung at one of his fellow Rebels.....

Zuul and Gavin take aim at the 'web-creating' construct and fire bolts that are absorbed/deflected by the suddenly spinning web and in the blink of an eye, the web is suddenly fired/flung at them and it engulfs Zuul with enough force to wrap around the large barabel and constricts his arms to his sides and feel as if he's caught in a vice*.....

Jackson meanwhile takes aim at the 'leaper' construct and he fires off a bolt that misses when the construct springs forward and up at a dizzying speed to dodge the blast AND to suddenly land between Professor Clark and Gavin Storm as Crodowski does his best to tract the rapid change in position of the 'leaper'.....

Vale Starcloud ignites his lightsaber and steps forward with Professor Jones to look for a possible way around the constructs, but the only other 'bridge' connecting this 'plateau top' besides the one they crossed was directly behind the area where the two constructs and the constrained Assassin Droid were. The young Jedi was prepared to block any fast-moving energy blasts that might come their way, but he was NOT prepared for the leaper's sudden jump NOR the webbing being flung at and into/around Zuul. Out of the corner of his eye Vale can see EL-434 slowly blasting his way free of webbing and the 'leaper' construct landing perhaps 5 meters away and in-between Gavin and Clark to slash out at both with its arm blades.....

Professor Clark Jones walks forward to attempt to see if there were any ways off this 'rock' without having to deal with the constructs and/or Assassin Droid; but like his Jedi companion; he learns that besides the way they came over, the only other exit was behind the web-slinging construct and the restrained EL-434. The Academic's eyes narrow and his brow furrows as he suddenly realizes the 'leaper' construct is missing and then with a start, the powerful Jones is knocked back a bit as the Construct lands in-between him and Gavin and one of its blade arms lashes out and physically moves him back a step; though his Armored Clothing is ripped; Clark is merely grazed by the sudden attack**....

Gavin Storm is annoyed to see his blast get deflected/absorbed by the web-slinger construct's net/web-shield; but then he has more things to worry about as the 'leaper' construct suddenly lands right next him and lashes out with one of its blade-arms and with a hiss of pain the Rebel realizes that his left side has been slashed along the rib-cage with enough force to draw blood and tear through armored cloth***....


*Zuul is pretty entangled...but he can slowly try to reach for an item of equipment or just try to slash/claw/force his way out of the webbing.
**Clark is Grazed.....his next action has a penalty, but he's fine after that
***Gavin is Wounded; he is at -1D for all actions until healed

Zinn's next shot will have a bonus to hit for his round of aiming


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:20 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:24 am
Posts: 2252
Location: Baltimore MD
Cursing himself for missing, Jackson takes careful aim at the leaping construct and fires again.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:57 am 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:14 pm
Posts: 272
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Clark's mind quickly switches to focus on combat. He continues to move back out of melee range of the leaper-construct and then fires at it with his blaster carbine.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:56 pm 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:26 am
Posts: 620
Zuul

"What the?!?" Zuul exclaims in frustration as the webbing engulfs him. "Why will nobody fight fair on thiss ship?"

Zuul tries to claw and tear his way out of the webbing.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:20 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 17452
Location: Central Vermont
Gavin "fair we fight evil, and vile darkness when as evil ever fought fair? You'll come to learn you have to fight dirty Zuul" the smuggler looks for something to throw in the constructs face while jumping back out of reach trying to blast the freaking thing.

_________________
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred

Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Cormac MacCulain Human Fighter - Adventures on the Borderlands of Lamora
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Hot Streak - Villian - Rebirth of Power
Ivan Volkov Human - Mechwarrior2 3028 campaign
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:29 pm 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:38 pm
Posts: 279
Zinn, having taken the time to line up his shot, smiles inwardly as the web shield gets hurled away from its wielder. His finger gently, steadily squeezes the trigger on his weapon, sending the coherent light hurtling toward his target.

Having heard the talk about the assassin droid, Zinn says, after his shot is fired, "It's a droid; yes, it's an assassin droid, but that simply means it has no protocols keeping it from harming other sentient life. Self-preservation, on the other hand, is programmed as a high priority, so it can carry out its function. We should talk to the droid; our chances are better together than if we go our separate ways. It will recognize the strength in numbers."


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:28 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:09 am
Posts: 2824
Location: England
Vale looks incredulous, but is willing to give it a try. He shouts over to the assassin droid. "We are not your enemy! We will all die on this ship unless we work together to escape, and prevent it from reaching our galaxy! Run your survival protocols and you will see that it is in your best interest to work with us!"

As he says his piece, the young jedi charges the web flinging construct and assaults it with his lightsaber.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:38 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:58 am
Posts: 2764
Third level of Strange alien ship/station in 'Otherspace'


The battle between the constructs, the Rebels and the Assassin Droid EL-434 continued....

Professor Clark managed to get a shot off that winged the arm-bladed, leaper construct right before the same construct lashed out and sliced a deep cut along his forearm that caused the academic to let out a curse of pain*.....

Gavin Storm fired off a blast from his Carbine, but the pain of his cut distracted him and the shot flew just wide to the left. A moment later the Construct, showing signs of damage from a blast by Professor Jones; leaped and landed next to the one-time smuggler and is lashed out with a bladed arm and Gavin dropped to the ground, successfully avoiding beings sliced yet again. A moment later, from his position on the ground looking up, Gavin had the pleasure of seeing the Leaper construct getting blasted full in the back by a shot from Jackson Crodowski and the construct fell over to the ground....never to rise again.....

Jackson had little time to gloat after putting in the shot that destroyed the Leaper construct as the Web-shooting construct cut loose a second web that slammed into him and wrapped him up, pinning his arms to his side and holding him in a vice-like grip.....

Right after the Web-spinner cut loose with a web that confined Crodowski, Zinn cut loose a blast that slammed into the dead-center of the construct's torso; staggering it and causing it to drop to one-knee. Some kind of liquid oozed out of the front of the wound while sparks crackled out of the back of the wound. It DID start to rise again though, but this did not last long as Vale Starcloud rushed over and with a swing of his blue lightsaber; he sliced the web-slinging construct in half...ending the threat it represented forever....

A moment later, all of the Rebels had to turn their faces away from a bright flash and a pressure wave hit them with enough force to drive those who were standing to the ground; though thankfully not hard enough to do any more harm to them...

As they glanced over to where EL-434 had been, the suddenly saw the remnants of the webs that had held it; clearly blown to bits by some kind of explosive and a small crater where clearly a grenade....or more likely, a miniature rocket had been fired into the ground; and in a blur, a silvery figure, that PROBABLY was the Assassin Droid went hurtling down into the space between the 'buttes' and the web-bridges between them.....

Belatedly, Zuul tore through the webbing; angry and ready to go to battle....only to have no foes in sight.....


*Professor Clark is Wounded.....-1D to all actions until healed....


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:26 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 17452
Location: Central Vermont
Gavin "Well hell now what? Anyone got another of those first aid kits looks like the professor and I could use em."

_________________
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred

Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Cormac MacCulain Human Fighter - Adventures on the Borderlands of Lamora
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Hot Streak - Villian - Rebirth of Power
Ivan Volkov Human - Mechwarrior2 3028 campaign
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:23 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:09 am
Posts: 2824
Location: England
Vale shakes his head. "I think we are all out of those."

He looks down the edge of the butte. "That assassin droid probably survived the blast from its own rocket. I doubt we've seen the last of it. We should move on a quickly as we can."


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:57 am 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:26 am
Posts: 620
Zuul

Picking webbing off of him, Zuul sighs and checks his gear. He stops to take a quick look at the web shooter device. "Come take a look at thiss. Maybe we could remove it and take it with uss?"

If it's not too large, Zuul will suggest cutting it off and putting it in his pack.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group