It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:32 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:46 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:58 am
Posts: 2753
Third level of Strange alien ship/station in 'Otherspace'


With thier way behind them blocked, the Rebels cautiously move forward, Vale Starcloud stretching out with the Force; attempting to determine if he can 'feel' anything from the strange lights pulsing brighter and dimmer up ahead; but he fails to sense any kind of 'ship/base/large creature' lifeform; just numerous beings like those encountered earlier (i.e. the Spider-esque large humanoids) who seemed to be feeling...highly anxious, as if they were waiting for something. He could also sense several........bizarre sort of 'zombie-like' life-forms...he's not sure if they're actually 'alive' in the sense that he understands.....and one human life form....occasionally angry, occasionally darkly amused; and almost.....paranoid...

Moving forward, the band of Rebels sees that the tunnel quickly ends at a massive chasm that spans farther than they can see. There are several thick sections of floors that are like miniature buttes with flat tops and strange 'bridges' span between the sections made of the spider-web-like strands....wide enough to walk on. The light in the room was coming from various reddish-orange lights that randomly increased in brightness and then dimmed from the bottom of a floor above them. This gave the whole area the sort of strange, strobe-light effect of a ship's bridge during a Red Alert.

Three such 'butte top' sections could be seen from thier current position. One to the left, center and right. The center one was the furthest away; perhaps 20 meters away at the closest point while the ones to the left and right were perhaps 10 meters away. The left and right sections were connected by 'spider bridges' while there was no such connection to the middle section.

All of the Rebels felt as if they were being watched and it therefore came as no surprise when Vale reached out to the Force and confirmed that numerous members of the bizarre 'spider-esque' aliens were indeed above them and apparently watching them with relish. Apparently, this was some sort of 'sport' to them....


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:21 am 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:14 pm
Posts: 271
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Clark: "Well, if we're going to keep moving, we've got to choose one of those bridges." He moves to the left bridge and shakes it to test its sturdiness.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:20 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 17293
Location: Central Vermont
Gavin "Well just pick a bridge and go with it then."

_________________
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred

Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Cormac MacCulain Human Fighter - Adventures on the Borderlands of Lamora
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Hot Streak - Villian - Rebirth of Power
Ivan Volkov Human - Mechwarrior2 3028 campaign
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:12 am 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:26 am
Posts: 600
Zuul

"Left it iss."Zuul walks onto the left bridge and starts across, weapon drawn.
"He is done with thiss place. We are being played with!"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:39 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:09 am
Posts: 2814
Location: England
Vale follows the others across the left bridge, ready to use his lightsaber. He keeps his mind focused so that he can parry any shots that come their way.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:02 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:58 am
Posts: 2753
Third level of Strange alien ship/station in 'Otherspace'



The Professor checks the stability of the web 'bridge' and while it shifts somewhat in an unsettling manner; it holds the tall and strapping academic's weight and Clark moves quickly across to the next 'plateau', with Gavin, Z'uul, Vale, Jackson and Zinn following in turn. The big Barabel slips at one point and has a disquieting moment of finding himself face down in the swaying webbing looking down into the strange reddish-orange light some 50 or more meters below, before he regains his balance and shimmies over and off the 'bridge'....

As the Rebels catch their breath for a moment, the crazy lighting situation suddenly darkens again, leaving them bathed only in some of the strange greenish-yellow light coming from well above their heads and the light provided by Vale's humming lightsaber. All of their attention is drawn to the only other web bridge on this 'plateau island' besides the one they crossed as it suddenly moves up and down and side to side. A pair of strange figures move across it and onto the area where they are all standing; perhaps 10 meters away. Vale 'lights' the area with his saber and a pair of.....ALMOST...humans can be seen.....

Jackson gasps as he recognizes the faces of his one time companions from the Celestial; Security Officers Kleegins & Beele; but their glazed eyes and drooling, open mouths convey NO sign of recognition. Below their necks they are still humanoid; but in several places, bizarre pieces of metal and organic material can be seen covering entire sections of the body and/or running into/out of limbs and the torso in an almost droid-like manner. Each has an arm that ends with a human hand, while each also has an arm that ends in a cylinder/tube apparatus. The hands each have a large spun Web that looks like a flat hexagon 'shield' perhaps a meter across in all directions and each of the.....constructs....raises their other, cylindrical 'hand' towards the Rebels as they shuffle forward towards them.....

Vale's Force sense is screaming at him that these......THINGS....are abominations.....they have a tiny flicker of life, but it has been COMPLETELY corrupted.....forced to give power to a pair of not-quite-living automatons.....and a guiding 'hunger to cause death' is directing these poor....'zombies'....though how or why, the young Jedi cannot guess.....


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:25 am 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:14 pm
Posts: 271
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Clark switches his blaster carbine to stun and then fires at the oncoming humanoids.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:51 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 17293
Location: Central Vermont
Gavin switches his blaster to stun and fires at the oncoming foes.

_________________
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred

Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Cormac MacCulain Human Fighter - Adventures on the Borderlands of Lamora
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Hot Streak - Villian - Rebirth of Power
Ivan Volkov Human - Mechwarrior2 3028 campaign
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:20 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:09 am
Posts: 2814
Location: England
Vale places himself between his comrades and the abominations (but not getting in the way of their blaster fire, of course), and prepares to defend with his lightsaber if they attack.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:15 am 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:26 am
Posts: 600
Zuul

Zuul, fed up with this place and it's denizens, pulls his enforcer. He sets the slugthrower to kill, and squeezes the trigger. A happy growl can be heard just before the gun is fired.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:24 pm 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:38 pm
Posts: 278
Zinn, upon seeing the 'humans' approaching them, gets the feeling that they are, no longer, the beings who had once been human. His brain screams that no one could undergo THAT much alteration and remain the same. His blaster carbine set to Kill, he draws a bead on one of the approaching entities. As blaster fire erupts around him, he takes a moment to aim, and to see what his comrades' fire accomplishes.

((OOC: Taking a round to aim. Zinn will fire in the next round, should there be someone upon whom he can fire.))


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:28 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:58 am
Posts: 2753
Third level of Strange alien ship/station in 'Otherspace'


As the pair of one-time human Security Officers Kleegins & Beele turned into some kind of....construct beings....advanced on the Rebels the Agents opened fire and recieved some from the strange 'weapon arm' each construct was equipped with...

First Clark and Gavin cut loose with stun blasts from their carbines; but they were dismayed to see the zombie-like creatures lift up thier hexagonal 'web shields' and absorb the blasts with seemingly no ill-effects. Jackson seems a bit paralyzed at what to do...perhaps still in shock at seeing his former friends and thier mindless...souless eyes looking at nothing...

Zinn takes careful aim; waiting for a good opportunity to present itself while Vale steps forward and ignites his blue-white lightsaber. The two constructs raise thier weapon arms and fire off a shot of greenish-white energy at both Jackson and Professor Clark. Vale reaches out to the Force and steps forward, swinging his lightsaber in an arc that intersects that of the bolt racing towards the good Professor's chest and deflect the bolt into the ground harmlessly. Unfortunately, he is too late to stop the bolt from slamming into poor Jackson and the mechanic drops to the ground in a heap*....

Finally the big Barabel Zuul has had enough and he draws his massive Slugthrower 'Enforcer' Pistol and squeezes the trigger. The report echoes LOUDLY in the weird chamber and the slug tears straight through Beele's 'shield' and smashes into and through his/its torso. The construct drops jerkily to the ground; twitching for a moment before falling flat on its face and not moving again....


*Jackson is Incapacitated


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:13 am 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:14 pm
Posts: 271
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Clark quickly nods his thanks to Vale.

Noting the ineffectiveness of his blaster, Clark waits for Zuul to take down the second ex-human. Clark will use his bayonet if the thing gets within range.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:44 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 17293
Location: Central Vermont
Gavin looks to the others "Doesn't appear stun is gonna do us much good here. I'm open to suggestions." holding his fire for now until the damned shields can be taken from the friend-enemies?

_________________
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred

Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Cormac MacCulain Human Fighter - Adventures on the Borderlands of Lamora
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Hot Streak - Villian - Rebirth of Power
Ivan Volkov Human - Mechwarrior2 3028 campaign
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:49 am 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:26 am
Posts: 600
Zuul

Positively gleefull after discharging his new favorite toy, Zuul lines up the second creature and fires again. A joyful laughing can be heard under the roar of the slugthrower.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:26 pm 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:38 pm
Posts: 278
As Zinn sees the construct beings raise their shields to deflect the incoming stun fire, Zinn takes the opportunity to fire at the unprotected portion of one of their bodies; his blaster carbine already set to Kill, he hopes his shot gets through and does significant damage.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:49 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:58 am
Posts: 2753
Third level of Strange alien ship/station in 'Otherspace'


The construct that had once been the Security Officer named Kleegins doesn't seem to take any notice of the demise of its partner and instead just turns towards Vale and cuts loose another ball of greenish-white energy which the young Jedi manages to deflect with a frantic back-handed swing that sends the bolt of energy sailing off into the distance....

Gavin is unsure of what to do, so he waits while his companions take action; seeing Professor Clark turn on the vibro-bayonet mounted on the end of his Blaster Carbine and preparing to go into hand-to-hand combat if necessary....

Zinn takes careful aim and puts a blaster bolt into 'Kleegins' leg, causing the.....thing....to drop to one knee for a moment, which is long enough for a gleefully laughing Zuul to cut loose with another blast from his Slugthrower the rings deafeningly loud in all of the Rebels' ears, but the slug does its job and tears through the center of the construct's torso, blowing it back to the ground where it ceases to move.....

Suddenly, other than the ringing in all of the Rebels' ears; the cavern-like area is eerily quiet....


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:22 am 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:14 pm
Posts: 271
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
"We'd better get across that bridge before more of these things show up." Clark says, leading the way across the bridge ahead.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:08 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 17293
Location: Central Vermont
Gavin "Agreed lets get a move on it then."

_________________
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred

Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Cormac MacCulain Human Fighter - Adventures on the Borderlands of Lamora
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Hot Streak - Villian - Rebirth of Power
Ivan Volkov Human - Mechwarrior2 3028 campaign
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:06 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:09 am
Posts: 2814
Location: England
Vale turns off his lightsaber with a flourish and lifts Jackson carefully. He follows Clark across the bridge with his fallen comrade over his shoulder. "Someone help me get Jackson to safety! Do we have any medical packs left?"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group