It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:31 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:07 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:58 am
Posts: 2705
Third level of Strange alien ship/station in 'Otherspace'


The Rebel Agents climbed through the crawl-tube-ladder/tunnel to the third platform/level in this strange alien ship/station/whatever; Zinn wincing at the pain the simple action caused and eventually they all emergedin a huge room dominated by what looked like long dividers some 3 meters high and perhaps 20 meters long; dominated by strange pods of some kind....

There were two of these in sight in parraellel rows to where the Crawl Tube emerged and the Rebels could see that the ceiling was higher and there was walking room at either end past where the Dividers stopped; making it almost seem as if they were in some kind of strange library or exhibit room....

The room was cool and a moist, humid air seeped throughout the room, making each of the Rebels shiver a bit though thankfully, no sign of the dangerous Red Mist could be seen. Upon closer examination of the pods; the Alliance members were horrified to see people inside strange housings with various tubes, wires and strange, tentacle like stalks attached to them. There were humans, Mon Calamari, Wookies, and various other races that could not be identified. None of them showed any signs of being alive, though slight movement of eyes that clearly were seeing nothing could be made out. Jackson was more than a little dismayed to see three people he recognized; Medical Officer 'Doc' Sunray and Bridge Officers Moonshot and Bakarra from the Celestial.....


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:40 pm 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:38 pm
Posts: 268
Zinn looks around, although none too quickly as his head is still tender from his recent bout with unconsciousness. Looking to the professor and the Jedi, he says, "It almost looks like these poor guys are in REM sleep, with those eye movements. What do you two think is going on here?" Pointing at Vale, he adds, "Is there anything special you can Sense that we can't pick up throught normal observation? "


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:53 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:09 am
Posts: 2678
Location: England
"I'm not sure," says Vale. He places his hand on one of the strange housings, and channels his thoughts toward its occupant. "If they really are alive and comatose, then I should still be able to sense their inner emotions…"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:23 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 16461
Location: Central Vermont, USA (EST)
Gavin "None of this is right. Even if they are dead we shouldn't leave them like this they deserve better."

_________________
“Life has no meaning but what we give it. I wish a few more of ye would give it a little.”
― Ed Greenwood, Elminster: The Making of a Mage

Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Drake (Drago) Montillo Human Mage - Castle Amber
Florin Human Fighter - Crypts & Things Lost City
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Hot Streak - Villian - Rebirth of Power
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:42 pm 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:26 am
Posts: 475
Zuul

Zull is content to let the more cerebral members of the group figure out what is going on, and what to do about it. He starts wandering around, looking for exits and possible control stations.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:55 am 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:14 pm
Posts: 263
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
"It's like some sort of collection!" Clark observes.

"If we could somehow revive them, I'm not sure they'd be any better off at the moment."


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:54 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:58 am
Posts: 2705
Third level of Strange alien ship/station in 'Otherspace'


Vale Starcloud attempts to use the Force by attempting to Empathicaly feel what the poor people in the pods are feeling; but what he realizes is that while the people aren't dead.....they aren't feeling anything at all anymore...it's like they've been turned into walking, breathing machines....zombies, of a sort.

Professor Clark was able to ascertain pretty much the same thing by taking a close look at some of the readouts that he realized was a type of 'monitor' system for the unlucky soul in the nearby Pod. It would appear that while each person was in the equivalent of a hibernation sleep state; they also appeared to have had large sections of the nerve tissue in the brain destroyed....almost certainly by the toxin that had caused them to become mentally unhinged twice now...first when the Red Mist hit them....and then later when Gavin felt the effects of the toxin in the alien's claws....

In his wandering around the massive room; which revealed pretty much several more rows just like the first one they saw; amounting to hundreds of poor people in those pod like structures; Zuul suddenly noticed that weird....tentacle....like stalks were lowering down from the cieling above one of the rows and towards one of the Pods. He called out to the others and they came running over, in time to see the tentacles pick the pod up; mechanical parts and occupant both; and raise it up and then carry it to another room, just past this one. Seeing a wide open exit; the Rebels decided to follow it; carefully and with weapons out and at the ready....

The next room over was dominated by bizarre machinery in the 'shadow' of the massive, pillar-like Power Core they had seen earlier; on a lower level. The tentacles carried the Pod and its poor victim/occupant and when a slot opened in the Core; the tentacles pushed the pod inside of it and a moment later, some of the lights on the Core changed. Zinn and Jackson, being more technically savvy than most of the rest of the part, realized it probably meant that the person had been somehow utilized as a power charge....or 'fuel' of a sort. If the party wasn't already feeling horrified....they definitely were now...

Finally managing to shake it off for a moment; the Rebels took a closer look around the new room they had entered and thye saw an unsettling conglomeration of metal and organic materials that had been constructed in this room. Here and there recognizable ship parts had been combined with unrecognizable alien organic technology to create a wierd hybrid of the two. All of it connected to the power core....forming some kind of engine it would appear.....


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:01 am 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:14 pm
Posts: 263
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
"Well, it seems that you've got your wish," Clark says to Vale, "we've found something which can stop this thing from reaching our galaxy. Now we just need to destroy it... somehow."


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:11 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:09 am
Posts: 2678
Location: England
"Yes, it would appear so," Vale replies. "With a reactor of this magnitude, sabotage might prove as disastrous to us as it does to this ship. And then there are all of these beings we must consider… could they be saved from this cruel fate? If there is a possibility of it then we must try to do so."

He is no expert, but nevertheless he returns to the trapped bodies and examines their readouts and machinery, trying to find the 'release subject from captivity' button.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:04 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 16461
Location: Central Vermont, USA (EST)
Gavin too appalled at the sight has little of anything to say. "This has to be stopped."

_________________
“Life has no meaning but what we give it. I wish a few more of ye would give it a little.”
― Ed Greenwood, Elminster: The Making of a Mage

Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Drake (Drago) Montillo Human Mage - Castle Amber
Florin Human Fighter - Crypts & Things Lost City
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Hot Streak - Villian - Rebirth of Power
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:04 am 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:14 pm
Posts: 263
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Starbeard wrote:
"And then there are all of these beings we must consider… could they be saved from this cruel fate? If there is a possibility of it then we must try to do so."


Clark: "No, it is too late for them, parts their brains have been destroyed to put them into this state. All we can do for them is give them death."


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:27 am 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:26 am
Posts: 475
Zuul

"The most they can be given iss a noble death. He suggestss fire." Zuul looks for a way to disable the tentacle system that moves the bodies around. He sees all of the parts and machines around and ponders "What partss were you looking for? Are they maybe nearby?"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:49 pm 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:38 pm
Posts: 268
Zinn looks around, grimly. "If we could rig up either a remotely-detonated charge, or a timed charge," here, he holds up the chronometer he'd recovered in an earlier chamber, "we'd be able to give ourselves time to escape. Obviously, a remote detonator is best, so long as the signal carries. Thing is, we need a functioning, spaceworthy ship in order to leave this place. Since there are mechanical items here, we need to look among them for the parts we need." Zinn consults his data pad for the list, and starts inspecting the mechanical gear to find what they need.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:02 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:58 am
Posts: 2705
Third level of Strange alien ship/station in 'Otherspace'


Zinn does a little bit of looking around and finds one of the last two parts they need; a Hypercoil. Pulling it from its weird attachment, he then puts in his pack and tells the others that they only need 1 more part to fix the Outrunner's hyperdrive; a T-axial stabilizer. He then pulls out his Pocket Computer to check it off the list and update the fate of the missing; putting in some comments for 'Doc' Sunray and Bridge Officers Moonshot and Bakarra and noticing that only Chief Engineer Skellington and Security Officers Kleegins and Beele remain missing in action.

viewtopic.php?f=55&t=6770&p=317429#p317429

Vale bows his head and wishes that the Force be with the poor souls of all those trapped in this bizarre 'zombie' state in the pods of this.....fuel/engine room...

Professor Clark and Engineer Jackson put their considerable intelligence together to try and figure out a way to cause some kind of catastrophic damage using the bizarre hybrid biological/mechanical engine they see before them, but it just utterly baffles them and after awhile, they give up and decide to move on.....

Zuul finds an archway out of this room and leads down a darkened hall/corridor towards a wide open room lit with a strange reddish/orange light. As the others follow behind him, the party of Rebels moves cautiously down the hall/corridor towards the open room when suddenly a large piece of metal, encrusted in rock, drops down behind them; sealing off the archway into the 'engine room'. Ahead of them, the large open room seems to get brighter and then dimmer and back again with reddish-orange light flickering....


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:23 am 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:14 pm
Posts: 263
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
"It's like a heartbeat," Clark comments. "Hopefully that means it's vulnerable there."


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:18 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 16461
Location: Central Vermont, USA (EST)
Gavin "Alright, well lets see what we can do to stop this thing from continuing to do this to anyone again. If you need help give me something to do and I'll do what I can."

_________________
“Life has no meaning but what we give it. I wish a few more of ye would give it a little.”
― Ed Greenwood, Elminster: The Making of a Mage

Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Drake (Drago) Montillo Human Mage - Castle Amber
Florin Human Fighter - Crypts & Things Lost City
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Hot Streak - Villian - Rebirth of Power
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group