It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:15 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 170 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 8:21 am 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:14 pm
Posts: 268
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Clark will fire at the blob if he can do so safely, otherwise he'll rush to Zuul's position and cut at it with his bayonet (I'm assuming he could at least do that safely). If Zuul is being pulled into the air by the time Clark gets there, he will grab onto Zuul and attempt to pull him back down.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 2:51 pm 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:38 pm
Posts: 276
Zinn looks at the star chart carefully, trying to find any familiar constellations. He mutters, "If the Alliance doesn't return Banshee to me soon, I'm gonna be VERY angry," as he examines the holographic display. Pulling out a datapad, he cycles through star charts stored within, looking for any matches. If he doesn't find any, he'll search the projector for the means to download a copy of the projection. Once he has that, he'll see if the projection is interactive, like most such charts he's seen, by reaching into the display and tapping a constellation with his finger.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 8:35 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:58 am
Posts: 2736
Second level of Strange alien ship/station in Otherspace


Zuul, in a fit of fury reaches out and chomps down on one of the tentacles that wrapped around his body with his mouthful of razor-sharp teeth. A strange, simultaneous moment of vicotry and disgust came over the Barabel as he managed to tear off the tentacle and the blob appruptly released him, while at the same time the liquid that gushed out and into his mouth was enough to drop him to his knees, wrenching as he did his best to spit the taste out….

Profesor Clark saw the….THING…release his fellow Rebel and he took a shot with his carbine that scored a small burn trail on the edge of the creature, but did no lasting damage, but the academic WAS quite please to see the glob burst into a by-now-familiar pile of good as Jackson Crodowski landed a bolt from his Blaster Carbine dead-center on the thing….

Gavin came over to Zuul to see if he was okay, and after washing out his mouth and spitting out the contents several times with water from his canteen, the big Barabel rose up and announced that he was fine.

The four Rebels then stepped over to meet up with thier other two companions who were in a different chamber…

Vale Starcloud looked around and saw that there was indeed a ramp to the five platforms connected by 'web' bridges and he walked up to see that each seemed to have different holographic images, though much smaller than the large central holo-image of a Galaxy that Zinn was studying. This first platform's holo-images seemed to depict a planet inhabited by a spider-like race…much like the creature in the armor that attacked them earlier, but without the armored suit. This civilization rises to take over the entire world, but then the planet's star seems to be ripped apart by a Black Hole. The civilization, who had advanced to the stars by this point, seemed to have formed a Cult or Religion that worshipped the Black Hole as some kind of Powerful Deity….

Zinn Vallimar, while looking through his datapad could find NOTHING that register in the little computer's handful of star charts and the experienced pilot, when stuyding the large holographic image more closely could tell that it was of a different Galaxy entirely than the one currently being fought over by a Galactic Empire and a Rebellion to Restore the Republic. The Galaxy was notable for having an immense Black Hole in the center of it….


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 4:03 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 16933
Location: Vermont, USA
Gavin sensing what might come next the smuggler sighs and says "Don't tell me Zinn we have to fly through a blackhole don't we?"

_________________
“Life has no meaning but what we give it. I wish a few more of ye would give it a little.”
― Ed Greenwood, Elminster: The Making of a Mage

Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Hot Streak - Villian - Rebirth of Power
Ivan Volkov Human - Mechwarrior2 3028 campaign
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 4:16 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:09 am
Posts: 2780
Location: England
"Intriguing," says Vale Starcloud. "Perhaps this is some colony ship that preserves the last remnants of that spider race." He walks over to the other four platforms and studies each of them in turn.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 8:10 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:24 am
Posts: 2232
Location: Baltimore MD
Jackson's head snaps around to Gavin. "I don't know about your ship, but our ship barely made it through once. I don't think it will make a second trip."


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 8:00 am 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:14 pm
Posts: 268
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
"At this point, I just want to get out of here!" Clark grumbles. However, he joins Vale in his investigation of the platforms.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 10:00 am 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:26 am
Posts: 556
Zuul

Still spitting the foul taste from his mouth, Zuul watches everyone take a keen interest in the holograms. "Mhm. Yes. I see." Zuul quickly loses interest and starts keeping a lookout.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 4:04 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:58 am
Posts: 2736
Second level of Strange alien ship/station in Otherspace



The Rebels, save for Zuul, slowly wander the platforms, watching the holo-images tell a chilling story. It starts with a culture of spidery beings forming a cult that worships the death and destruction the black hole brought to thier own world and how the cult's leader; a larger, armored-member of the spider-like race; lead a small number of followers onto a ship and traverssed the stars with tanks of a familiar red mist; mist they then used on other inhabited worlds, causing these populations to die in madness and pain....

This process is repeated over dozens and then hundreds of worlds; the spider beings incorporating technology from the destroyed populations into strange asteroid-like ships/stations; much like the one they are currenlty on. This technology eventuallys seems to....mechanize dead, decaying life of all kinds; animal, plant, etc.; and form it into some kind of a zombie-esque horde which eventually spreads across the entire galaxy the spider beings came from; ending all life in that galaxy utterly. Vale can't help but feel revulsion over this belief and its impact....the utter OPPOSITE of what his teachings about the Force are all about...

Then the station/ship, whateve they were on; entered the strange void between galaxies....the OTHERSPACE....with the last holo-image showing the intended destination.....the heart of the Galaxy the Rebels hail from....one currenlty coping with a war between the Galactic Empire and the Rebel Alliance...

Clearly, these death-worshipping aliens were bent on spreading thier 'religion' of death, decay and destruction to an entirely new and unsuspecting galaxy...the Rebels' own....

While Vale, Professor Clark, Zinn, Jackson and Gavin Storm all studied the series of holo-images; Zuul kept a lookout. He saw that beyond the platforms with the swirling images there was a wide open area full of webs on the ground, the walls, even the ceiling. In the center of this area a rock like tube lead up to another level above them, and an opening at the bottom of the tube suggested it was another of the 'crawl-tubes'; like the one that had brought the Rebels up from Level 1 to Level 2...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:36 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:09 am
Posts: 2780
Location: England
Vale sits down as though out of breath, and stares off into the distance. "I feel a great disturbance in the Force. This vessel must be stopped, we cannot allow it to enter our galaxy. We must hurry." He calls down to Zinn, "Zinn! Are you able to determine how long it will be before this ship arrives at our galaxy? Is there a way to redirect its course from here?"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:54 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 16933
Location: Vermont, USA
Gavin grim look on his face then changes to worry for a moment then back to stern "You are right we must stop this ship. Though I'm a bit worried as some of us inhaled that mist.
Hey can we salvage anything from this ship of death to fix up one or both of our ships to get out of this blasted other space or whatever the hell it is we are in?"

_________________
“Life has no meaning but what we give it. I wish a few more of ye would give it a little.”
― Ed Greenwood, Elminster: The Making of a Mage

Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Hot Streak - Villian - Rebirth of Power
Ivan Volkov Human - Mechwarrior2 3028 campaign
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:32 am 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:26 am
Posts: 556
Zuul

Zuul, having little to no interest in the history of death spiders from another galaxy, wanders about. He points out the crawl tube in the nearby room "Hey. That lookss like the thing we climbed up earlier. There may be another level above where we are."


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:07 am 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:14 pm
Posts: 268
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
"In order to stop it, we first need to figure out how the damn thing works!" Clark replies to Vale and Gavin.

He heads over to where Zuul is standing. "Let's check it out, I'll join you."


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:29 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:09 am
Posts: 2780
Location: England
Vale doesn't know much about astrogation, and leaves the staf charts for the smugglers and pilots. He follows the others to the climbing tube.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:29 am 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:38 pm
Posts: 276
Zinn's brow furrows in thought. "There are so many things to consider here." He looks at Vale. "I would never suggest we actually let this vessel reach our galaxy, but there is a small part of me that would dearly love seeing the Empire having to deal with this, rather than the Alliance; it's too bad that innocents would die if we allowed them to reach our home. That right there makes that idea a no-go." He looks around the group. "They're clearly from a different galaxy; what we've seen of their tech poses more questions than answers. Yes, we need to stop them. Unfortunately, we need to ERADICATE them, or this cycle will continue unabated. To do that, we need to either A) get our ship repaired, cause this ship to self-detonate, and get out of here alive...or B) cause this ship to self-destruct, and we don't worry about escape. Personally, I vote for the first choice. I figure the only way to destroy these beings is going to destroy their ship; anything less and some might survive."


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:24 am 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:26 am
Posts: 556
Zuul

Walking over to the tube, Zuul calls out to the group at the holo-images. "Are we going up? More to explore!"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:25 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:58 am
Posts: 2736
Second level of Strange alien ship/station in 'Otherspace'


After seeing the path of the alien starship/station and the destruction it causes, the Rebels realize they need to find a way to destroy it. After that, they travel into the thick webbing on the way to the strange crawl-tube-ladder that seems to lead up to the next platform/floor/level above them....

As they travel slowly and carefully thru the thick webbing, they look left and right and straight up, and ALL around them is the webbing.....it causes a sense of dread to begin to creep over the Rebels....as does the feeling of being watched. That feeling is proven to be correct by the sound of scuttling feet, echoing strangely throughout the chamber in a manner which makes it impossible for the companions to determine from WHICH direction the sounds are coming from, which added to tension mounting in the room....

A voice then called out to the Rebels from a hidden position on the far end of the room; perhaps 20 meters past the Crawl tube and maybe 40 or so from the Rebels; a voice familiar to those who had been on the Shantipole mission a year or so ago....

"Attention Rebels! This is Commander Bane Nothos of the Galactic Empire! Throw down your weapons and surrender and perhaps you can help to serve in this new.....unit....we are building. Refuse and your lives are forfeit! What's your answer?"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:29 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 16933
Location: Vermont, USA
Gavin ducks for cover and says but one word "Shit."

_________________
“Life has no meaning but what we give it. I wish a few more of ye would give it a little.”
― Ed Greenwood, Elminster: The Making of a Mage

Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Hot Streak - Villian - Rebirth of Power
Ivan Volkov Human - Mechwarrior2 3028 campaign
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:11 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:24 am
Posts: 2232
Location: Baltimore MD
"Well isn't this a compromising position," Jackson says to the others. Attempting to pinpoint Nothos's position, Jackson says, "Excuse me commander but in case you haven't noticed we aren't in Imperial space any longer so you don't have any authority here. How about a truce instead?"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:23 am 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:26 am
Posts: 556
Zuul

Zuul growls at the mention of the Empire. He drops to one knee and pulls out his flechette launcher. "Say the word and it'ss fun time!"


Last edited by Monsieur Rose on Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 170 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group