OOC Thread #2

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC Thread #2

#161 Post by ybn1197 »

max_vale wrote:ybn: Never heard of it…..but it sounds intriguing! By-the-way; you ARE back right? I certainly hope so; I was just wondering as you haven't made any in-game posts for Jackson in a while. :)
http://www.meetup.com/TridentCon-gaming ... 228769239/

Yes, I am back, I am just having trouble organizing the time to get back into my games, I put a lot of things on hold while my aunt was sick and now I am having to catch up on everything. I will try to post later today.

Jedi Skyler
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#162 Post by Jedi Skyler »

ybn1197 wrote:I want to thank everyone for their understanding and patience during this period. I will have a new post up shortly as I catch up on everything.

I have to, unfortunately, second that sentiment. Seems I no sooner got back, then life turned into a crushing miasma of crap. Hoping I'm actually back now. If not, well, hey, I'm here for the moment!

:roll: :roll: :roll:

kipper
Ranger
Ranger

#163 Post by kipper »

I’ll be away (and most likely unable to post) from July 2 - 11.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#164 Post by max_vale »

Hey Kipper; thanks for the heads up and enjoy your....vacation?....time-away? Anyway, enjoy! :)

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#165 Post by ybn1197 »

Won't be posting till Monday. Been up since 3:00 AM EST. Pool pump cracked and poured @ 5,000 gallons of water into lower level of my split level. Waiting for insurance and ServPro to contact re: cleanup and damages. Going back to bed till they call.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#166 Post by max_vale »

Ouch! That sucks amigo....sorry man!

Okay, I'll give people a couple more hours to post and then I'll put up an update (I know Kipper is on vacation....but if anybody else wants to do something, now's the time!) and take a 'best guess' for anyone who hasn't posted on what they'd do.

Greywolf, Jedi, Rose....looking at you guys...:)

I hope everyone is having a good summer so far!

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#167 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I'm unsure of what to do so i have been trying to figure out what the others are doing...
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Jedi Skyler
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#168 Post by Jedi Skyler »

Sorry for the long absence. With everything that's been happening, I've not had much of an online presence anywhere.

Since I'm back (for the moment, anyway), is there, by chance, gear from White Team we would have salvaged? Granted, I was speed reading to catch up, and so don't remember if there were any specifics given about the manner of death for White Team; for all we know, they were caught in a vacuum with no vac suits. That would leave all their gear intact and available.

And, since we ARE part of an Intel unit, we would have gathered up any Imperial gear and data we could recover... *insert batting eyelashes and big cheesy grin here*

kipper
Ranger
Ranger

#169 Post by kipper »

I will be away on vacation again, this time from July 24 to ~Aug 8.

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#170 Post by ybn1197 »

With a huge SORRY to everyone I will have to say goodbye. Real life became very complex for me last week; in fact this has been the first chance I have had to log in. I do not know how long I will be away from gaming but I want to thank everyone for the time I have spent here rolling dice. Good luck to all and I hope to see you all when I get things cleared up and can get back to gaming.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#171 Post by max_vale »

I'm sorry to hear that amigo and I sincerely hope everything works itself out for you in the near future. You're welcome to return at any time and thanks so much for being a great player. Best of luck!

Jedi Skyler
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#172 Post by Jedi Skyler »

Yeah, sorry to hear that as well. I definitely know how hard life can kick you in the crotch; it's been using me and mine for an uki for quite some time now.

Good luck in your endeavors, my friend! We definitely hope to see you around soon.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#173 Post by max_vale »

Hey peoples;

Just a friendly reminder that all stats for your weapons are on your character posts in the Character thread…..i.e. Grenade (and most throwing weapons for that matter) range is 10/20/30 meters….meaning anything out to 10 meters is Short range, 11-20 meters is Medium range and 21-30 meters is Long range.

Along the same lines; KEEP IN MIND that Short range Difficulty is usually 10; Medium is usually 15 and Long Range is usually 20. It IS possible to hit targets beyond the range listed (within reason); but it requires a Heroic Difficulty number of 30 to accomplish this……I bring this up because Zuul has twice fired his Flechette launcher at Long Range and with only 4D+1 in Launcher weapons; his odds are not high on getting a hit at long range…..also, Gavin attempted to throw a grenade at targets about 60 meters away….basically, not gonna work.

ALSO, keep in mind your Force Points; they give you +3D for 1 round to help with really hard (or impossible) shots/actions….

Also, if you are not specific with your posts (things like "I shoot at the front rank stormtroopers" as opposed to "I take 2 shots at 2 of the front-rank Stormtroopers"); I will interpret them one way which may not be what was intended. In line with the game mechanics; the more things you atempt; the less Skill Dice you have to roll to attempt to accomplish it.

Just thought I'd throw that out there….sorry if I sound like a Jerk GM; but the info is on your character sheets for a reason; please take the time to read it. :)

Jedi: No, in my universe NOBODY calls TIE fighters 'eyeballs'…..mainly because I, the GM, utterly despises the idea…petty of me, I know, but please don't do it again; thanks! :)

Finally; I took some shots today of some miniatures I set up for a couple of the situations that are occuring in the game today; I'll try to post them up later in the attachments thread…..no game effect (i.e. I'm NOT using the minis in any kind of '1 space = 2 meters, etc.") in any way; I just thought the visual might be fun/enjoyable for people. If not; my apologies!

kipper
Ranger
Ranger

#174 Post by kipper »

I would like to increase for Clark:

Blaster: 4D+1 —> 5D (8pts)
Medicine: 4D —> 4D+1 (4pts)

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#175 Post by max_vale »

Hey peoples;

I know this adventure is coming to a close so I just wanted to share the ending as written in the module....which I didn't use here.....

Basically, the Imperials send in a 'Torpedo Sphere'....basically a mini Death Star.....which is going to smash the base to bits and there's nothing the Rebels can do....EXCEPT....what if the Black Ice and all its Fuel is rammed into the ship! BRILLIANT!

Except....what was the point of capturing the ship and its fuel for in the first place then? The module has the PCs ram the torpedo sphere (conveniently escaping in a shuttle right before the big explosion)....take out the Sphere (and the Ice)....and everyone has a heroic, end of the first movie kinda moment....which I think would actually be really hollow, because the whole operation (and the deaths of White Team and anybody in Fighters, Ground troops, etc. during the final battle) would have been for basically nothing....

Sooooooo; I just dropped the whole Torpedo Sphere aspect and had the Ship (and its fuel) ACTUALLY be saved and useful....

Hopefully you guys feel the same way....and while I guess its COOL to have a big explosion at the end; this ending is actually satisfying as well.

Anyway.....I'll be starting the next adventure soon.....and I think I'll throw up a thread with a history of the Campaign so far.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#176 Post by max_vale »

Clark: Cool.....no problemo

Jedi Skyler
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#177 Post by Jedi Skyler »

That ending doesn't bother me at all. I rather like the idea of having some positive payback after all the setbacks and deaths.

Return to “Star Wars RPG: Star Fall”