Part 1: Welcome to Thyatis

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Part 1: Welcome to Thyatis

#1 Post by GreyWolfVT »

The Arrival:

A bright flash of light and your ears pop. Eventually the brightness fades away and you find yourself in a foreign city called Thyatis. You arrive standing in an alcove near to a grand coliseum. Stepping out of the portal you are greeted by the same four faces you saw back in the lost mansion of Northvale Belynor and his three gladiator companions. They offer to show you around the city and mention something about a party that is to take place in Villa Osteropolus, an opulent, palatial complex built in the midst of Thyatis City's upper class district.

Belynor states "Maximitus Chrystatarius will be in attendance at the dinner party. Helenites Osteropolus is the host of this dinner party. He is the other fellow we briefly informed you of, the one with extraordinary luck and success in the arena betting lately. He has a fortune-teller that advises him on his betting. Maximitus is willing to pay you 100 lucins (gold pieces) if you are able to locate and identify who this game-minded soothsayer is that works for Helenites. He would had us do it or one of his other gladiators however Helenites knows us all and so that would be much harder for us to go asking around without drawing attention to Maximitus. However you all Helenites has no clue that you are involved with Maximitus."

Standing near Belynor and his 3 friends is an elf with black hair and green eyes. Black padded armor. A shortsword on his left side and 3 belt pouches around his waist. A quiver of arrows, shortbow and backpack are on his back with a black buckler if not worn. He watches as the others emerge from the portal from the Northvale area. Belynor introduces the elf "Oh yes this is Gildor we recruited him as well however he is also from another land not from the area around Thyatis. Gildor these are some other gladiators from an area known as Northvale."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Part 1: Welcome to Thyatis

#2 Post by Cwreando »

"Well met fellow adventurers. Tis a strange way to make a coin or two and this is an unfamiliar place. Suits me just fine since no one knows me here. Perhaps we can learn of it together. I think these folks need some help and well I was running out of luck lets say back in Waterdeep on the sword coast when I bumped into some folks here with a good offer. Care if I join you folks. I can handle a sword, bow and a few other things. I might be able to spot a trap or pick a lock", Gildor says when he greets the others.
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active
Durgo Brigthboon Fighter Human Level 3 - Spearment's Barromaze

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by Rukellian »

Rukiel the Fickle

Wearing his backpack on his chest instead of his back, Rukiel makes one last inventory check before leading Bagle into the portal, opened in the forest just outside of Northvale. Seeing this venture into a new land as a special occasion, he made sure to clean his face of stubbles and use soap, all to impress the ladies he would no doubt meet and woo. 'What exotic beauties await him in this land of arena battles?' His mind was aflutter and his gait was upbeat, there was no ruining the good mood he was in, and when he stepped through the portal he was indeed awestruck by the new change in surroundings. The city did not disappoint, and to top it off, he has but taken only two steps into this land and finds himself invited, no, PAID to go to an extravagant dinner party and chat up the locals!

Seeing another individual step forward and introduce himself, Rukiel does the same, hand extended, albeit awkwardly as his backpack is still on this front. "I too come from a distant land. You can call me Rukiel. I seek pleasure and entertainment to stave off the ever-encroaching advance of boredom. This land seems to promise both. Here is hoping we both make it out on top!" Rukiel flashes a wide and surprisingly white smile.

"Oh, and lest I forget, this is my fair traveling partner, Bagel." Rukiel nods towards the horse he brought with him. The horse whinnies after hearing its name.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

GreyWolfVT

#4 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Belynor speaks to Rukiel "You know a backpack is meant to go on your back right oh and you wont be able to use the horse in the arena."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by Rex »

Hantae

Hantae steps through the portal and after surveying her surroundings , "I am Hantae the Dark, an acrobat and entertainer by trade."

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by Rukellian »

"Yes, backpacks are worn on the back, I am aware of this," Rukiel responds to Belynor. "But this place is full of crowds of people, and crowds of people invite pickpockets. I shall keep my backpack where I can see it, right in front of me." Rukiel points a thumb towards himself, beaming and quite proud of his cleverness, or what he thinks is cleverness. ;)

"I wouldn't want to put Bagel in harm's way, so the feeling's mutual."
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

GreyWolfVT

#7 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Belynor the half drow nods his head then turns to his three companions shaking his head at the foolishness of wearing a backpack on ones chest. Then turns back to the rest of the group as they come through the portal. "I've some other things to attend to but I'll leave you with Madrien she can show you around the city. I'll meet back with you at the dinner party tonight." that being said he turns and Zon the half-orc & Goruk the dwarf turn and follow Belynor as he heads off to tend to whatever business he has.

Madrien looks at Rukiel and covers her face with one hand as she snickers at his silliness with the backpack. "Once everyone arrives I can take you on a walking tour on the city if you wish." she states to the group.

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#8 Post by Cwreando »

Gidlor

Gildor says looking at Madrien as he smiles, "I won't be over dressed will I? I don't have just clothes for a party. Nice to meet you Rukiel and Hantae the Dark the pleasure is all mine my dear. Nice to meet all of you."

Gildor sizes up the others noting a probable barbarian, healer, and holy warrior most likely. There may be others but a good start though.

Gildor thieves cants to Hantea and Madrien unsure if Madrien is in the business but since their in a new city it's best to check in with any dominate thieves guild for clearance to operate without reprisal. He signals Hantae, "Thieves guild check-in might save us some pain and coin. I'll check with Madrien for approval to conduct business here and you may want to do the same."

Thieves Cant, "Madrien, perhaps I can work some side business in the city under the appropriate approval of course."

Gildor will wait for responses form both and if none provide by Madrien will make the same request of Belynor later.
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active

PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by PyroArrow »

Rician Lockwindberg - Paladin - Banded Mail AC 4 + Stone Warden Shield (+2): AC 2 - HP: 27 /27:

After stepping through the portal and taking in his new surroundings and listening to the conversation,

Says, "Greetings Madrien and Gildor. I am Sir Rician Lockwindberg, holy knight of the order of Saint Cuthbert at you service."
Dungeon Master : Guido's Keep on the Borderlands & the Hills of Horror & Chaos (1st Ed D&D) :
1A: The Inheritance (1st Ed D&D)

Player:
Erico Caravellino - Thief : Elphand Adventures (ACKS Wilderlands - On Hold)
Stanilus Peri -Fighter (Bard) : Wardens in the North (D&D 1st Ed - On Hold)

Maximillian Arikas [Aether] & Steve Sanderson [Flicker] : Rebirth of Power: 4C System
Rician Lockwindberg - Paladin Knight : A Village With No Name (1st Ed D&D)
Theodore Mumfordian - Half-Elf Ranger : Terrible Trouble at Tragidore (1st Ed AD&D) [Completed]
Vicentio Senereno : Human Wizard : Veranar (5th Ed. D&D)
Tonkioso 'Gizzy' Gizmoebius : Clockwork Child : At the Forest Edge (Beyond the Wall & Other Adv)
Rician Lockwindberg : Human Paladin : A Village With No Name (2nd Edition AD&D)
Norbold Ernessaeia : Sylvian Elf Cleric : Minn's Mound (1st Edition AD&D)

GreyWolfVT

#10 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Madrien gives no indication to understanding the thieves cant she looks far more like a mage of sorts as she traces a few arcane symbols in the air. "Is there something you wish to ask me Gildor? Greetings to you again Rician. Though I suppose our meeting in Northvale was far from formal."

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by Dram »

Krakus walks thru the portal. Dinner party is that the same as a feast? Gildor it is? I am Krakus from the plains near Graydur Mountains the Skull Fire clan.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by Rex »

Hantae

Hantae Thieves Cant back to Gildor "Yes, something we must take care of."

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#13 Post by Cwreando »

Gildor

GreyWolfVT wrote:Madrien gives no indication to understanding the thieves cant she looks far more like a mage of sorts as she traces a few arcane symbols in the air. "Is there something you wish to ask me Gildor?"
Gildor says, "Ah nope, just working some kinks out, (as he works his muscles and hands and joints stretches) friend Madrien. It'll be nice to get a nice look at your city though. Sounds fascinating and with a lot of activity."

Gildor passes a wink at Hantae.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by ravenn4544 »

Brother Canis ponders the strange city and the words of their host. "Do you think this fortune teller we are trying to find, being able to see the future and all, will look into the future and know that we are coming?" He ponders the concept and is clearly becoming distracted by what is going on around him as he tries to get his head around the idea.

GreyWolfVT

#15 Post by GreyWolfVT »

ravenn4544 wrote:Brother Canis ponders the strange city and the words of their host. "Do you think this fortune teller we are trying to find, being able to see the future and all, will look into the future and know that we are coming?" He ponders the concept and is clearly becoming distracted by what is going on around him as he tries to get his head around the idea.
Madrien listens intently to Brother Canis nodding and looking as if considering the possibility "Perhaps however most soothsayers only look to the future to see what they are paid for, at least that is the typical thing here. Possibly they would look for their own futures but I honestly cannot say for sure, as I'm a sorceress not a fortune teller."

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by Rex »

Hantae

"If they are at all like the fortune tellers I have known, they are far better at judging how full your purse is than seeing anything useful."

PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#17 Post by PyroArrow »

Rician Lockwindberg - Paladin - Banded Mail AC 4 + Stone Warden Shield (+2): AC 2 - HP: 27 /27:

At the mention of fortune tellers, Rician starts jokingly singing a tune to himself:

"Do you want me to read your fortune?
Cause I can, cause I can
And put it in a language,
That you can understand
It's no problem, no problem,
Just give me your hand
And pay close attention,
It's all part of the plan
You're rich enough,
You're famous enough
You've got all the tools
You need to survive
You're rich enough,
You're famous enough
You've got love,
You're alive!"

Acoustic version:
Kepi Ghoulie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1076tddcyA
Dungeon Master : Guido's Keep on the Borderlands & the Hills of Horror & Chaos (1st Ed D&D) :
1A: The Inheritance (1st Ed D&D)

Player:
Erico Caravellino - Thief : Elphand Adventures (ACKS Wilderlands - On Hold)
Stanilus Peri -Fighter (Bard) : Wardens in the North (D&D 1st Ed - On Hold)

Maximillian Arikas [Aether] & Steve Sanderson [Flicker] : Rebirth of Power: 4C System
Rician Lockwindberg - Paladin Knight : A Village With No Name (1st Ed D&D)
Theodore Mumfordian - Half-Elf Ranger : Terrible Trouble at Tragidore (1st Ed AD&D) [Completed]
Vicentio Senereno : Human Wizard : Veranar (5th Ed. D&D)
Tonkioso 'Gizzy' Gizmoebius : Clockwork Child : At the Forest Edge (Beyond the Wall & Other Adv)
Rician Lockwindberg : Human Paladin : A Village With No Name (2nd Edition AD&D)
Norbold Ernessaeia : Sylvian Elf Cleric : Minn's Mound (1st Edition AD&D)

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#18 Post by Nuke66 »

Keathan pops out the the portal in his own reserved way. He pauses to take in his new suroundings before commenting. "Seems civil enough, with a meal promised at the end of the day. But, might as well get the grand tour before we get tested." The half-elf adds.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#19 Post by Rukellian »

Rukiel simply wags a finger and tsks out loud upon hearing talk of futures being predicted and fortunes being told. "It is the foolish and lazy ones who believe in the paid words of others to define one's future. You have to take life and luck into your own hands and make it into what you want. If you are resigned to a fate set in stone, how are you supposed to enjoy the here and now? Crazy talk, all that fortune telling business. Like I need to pay someone to tell me that I will be awesome in what I set out to do, hah!"

When Rukiel notices that everyone is here, he will let the city guide know of his readiness. "Come! I shall like to see this splendid city and all it has to offer, perhaps get my coins turned in for new ones as well? That deep elf fellow mentioned that our gold was different from the kind used here."

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#20 Post by Cwreando »

Gildor

Gildor comments, "Ah, late arrivals I see. I'm Gildor here to help you out or to help ourselves out. IF no one else is joining the party perhaps we can get a tour of this grand city."

Gildor wants to get an general overview of the cities wealthy and not so wealthy areas.

Return to “Archive”