OOC I: The Sunless Citadel

DM: Dave
dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: OOC I

#61 Post by dmw71 »

Monsieur Rose wrote:So I feel I should warn people that I'm leaning bard. :lol:
The safest place to play a bard is in a play-by-post game. ;)
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#62 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Monsieur Rose wrote:So I feel I should warn people that I'm leaning bard. :lol:
Not so much different from your Dwarf "Dubb" only singing cleric I've met so far. ;)
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#63 Post by Monsieur Rose »

GreyWolfVT wrote:Not so much different from your Dwarf "Dubb" only singing cleric I've met so far. ;)
Curses! You're right. I wonder what that says about me. It's too late for me, though. The Tabaxi Bard will be born.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#64 Post by dmw71 »

Monsieur Rose wrote:The Tabaxi Bard will be born.
A singing cat. I can't wait to get this group in action. :lol:
-- Project --
-- DM --

GreyWolfVT

#65 Post by GreyWolfVT »

dmw71 wrote:
Monsieur Rose wrote:The Tabaxi Bard will be born.
A singing cat. I can't wait to get this group in action. :lol:
Hmm does that mean the jingle cats are making a comeback?
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Shaede
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#66 Post by Shaede »

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#67 Post by dmw71 »

I've created a 'Session 0: Character Introductions' where I'm going to begin working the approved characters into the game. These are private updates, meant only for the player specified, so please resist the urge to read the updates of that don't belong to you.

Shaede, you're up first: Aubron Wranlana.
-- Project --
-- DM --

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#68 Post by dmw71 »

Monsieur Rose, the update for Sky has been posted.

GreyWolfVT, I will work on one for Kelben either later tonight, or sometime this weekend.

Scott308 and Mister-Kent, how are your characters coming?
-- Project --
-- DM --

GreyWolfVT

#69 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I did add some more information on the back story Dave. Is it closer to what you wanted after the PM you sent? I gotta toss a coin to select the location Kelben is from.

Edit: Nevermind I resolved my dilemma Kelben has a hometown/city now on dnd beyond I didn't update my pdf however.

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#70 Post by Scott308 »

dmw71 wrote:Scott308 and Mister-Kent, how are your characters coming?
I'm waiting to see what Mister-Kent decides on before I figure out what I'm doing. So far we have a Tabaxi Bard, Gnome Rogue, and High Elf Ranger, correct? I'm toying with the idea of having the other players pick a race and class for me and then I'll play that. That way, I have less chance of metagaming. So, if anyone wants to throw something out there, go ahead. If nobody likes the idea, I'll put something together.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Scott308

#71 Post by Scott308 »

dmw71 wrote:I've created a 'Session 0: Character Introductions' where I'm going to begin working the approved characters into the game. These are private updates, meant only for the player specified, so please resist the urge to read the updates of that don't belong to you.

Shaede, you're up first: Aubron Wranlana.
Wouldn't it be easier to have private threads for each player. Seems like those are pretty much perfect for this sort of thing.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#72 Post by dmw71 »

Scott308 wrote:Wouldn't it be easier to have private threads for each player. Seems like those are pretty much perfect for this sort of thing.
Absolutely.

If they were something I could create on my own, I would, but Greg (ToniXX) is the only person able to set those up. Considering these intro discussions aren't that big of a deal, I really don't think it's worth troubling him over.

Spoilers will work, or I could always resort to PMs if there's ever anything that really has to be kept private.
-- Project --
-- DM --

GreyWolfVT

#73 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Dave am I good now or do you need more detail on the back story? I know I didn't come up with a name for Kelben's ex wife. I can do that if you still want a name. I also didn't come up with names for his parents or siblings. Again if you want that I can easily get names for it.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#74 Post by dmw71 »

You're good, Ed. After looking at the location you chose for your background, I had an idea for how to get you up.

I'll try to work on your intro this weekend.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Scott308

#75 Post by Scott308 »

dmw71 wrote:
Scott308 wrote:Wouldn't it be easier to have private threads for each player. Seems like those are pretty much perfect for this sort of thing.
Absolutely.

If they were something I could create on my own, I would, but Greg (ToniXX) is the only person able to set those up. Considering these intro discussions aren't that big of a deal, I really don't think it's worth troubling him over.

Spoilers will work, or I could always resort to PMs if there's ever anything that really has to be kept private.
That makes sense, then. I didn't know how involved the backstories would get.

GreyWolfVT

#76 Post by GreyWolfVT »

dmw71 wrote:You're good, Ed. After looking at the location you chose for your background, I had an idea for how to get you up.

I'll try to work on your intro this weekend.
Alright thanks Dave. :)

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#77 Post by dmw71 »

Scott308 wrote:I didn't know how involved the backstories would get.
Really, while we're waiting for everyone to get ready, I'm just using the provided backgrounds to work the characters into the beginning of the adventure.

They're simple hooks, where I might introduce rumors (true or false), and details the players can have their characters share once everyone gets introduced.

Just, for now, I want to keep that information private until/if the players decide to share them.
-- Project --
-- DM --

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#78 Post by dmw71 »

dmw71 wrote:I'll try to work on your intro this weekend.
You're up, Ed:

Kelben Timbers
-- Project --
-- DM --

GreyWolfVT

#79 Post by GreyWolfVT »

dmw71 wrote:
dmw71 wrote:I'll try to work on your intro this weekend.
You're up, Ed:

Kelben Timbers
I like the "liberties" you took I copied your backstory onto dnd beyond and removed my rendition. I also posted what Kelben would do next.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#80 Post by dmw71 »

dmw71 wrote:
Mister-Kent wrote:Characters are awesome so far! I should have mine rolled up this afternoon. I was thinking possibly Cleric of Arcana, but am open to suggestions.
How is this coming along?

Also, Scott308, I know you earlier asked for feedback or suggestions on character build, but given how "everyone" in the game is relatively (or completely) unfamiliar with 5e, why don't you just go ahead and create whatever you'd like to play, or whatever you think would be the most useful to the group.
Okay, I'm ready to get this game started, and have been slowly introducing the ready characters into it. Before we launch for real, though, I'd like to have at least one more character.

Mister-Kent or Scott308, do you guys think you can be ready with a character by tomorrow or Thursday? (And be able to keep up with a daily posting rate once we do get started?)

Once we have four PCs ready to go, we'll get started. We can always work a fifth in later easily enough.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Return to “Tales From the Yawning Portal (5e)”