Happy New Years everyone!

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: The Tap Room - OOC

#3 Post by shaidar »

Happy New Year all

thanks for running the game.

I've put my character sheet up, i still need to sort out money, equipment, spell, weapon mastery and hp.

are we rolling hp for 1st level?

any thing i need to change so he fits in, or any suggestions on improving him, just say.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by shaidar »

Also, are you allowing the rule where you can drop an attribute by 2 so you can raise another by 1?

Tamerlaine
Ranger
Ranger

#5 Post by Tamerlaine »

shaidar wrote:Also, are you allowing the rule where you can drop an attribute by 2 so you can raise another by 1?
Yes, the rules allow it.

Tamerlaine
Ranger
Ranger

#6 Post by Tamerlaine »

We've got two characters already listed, both works in progress and we're waiting on the third. The NPC I'll be playing will be met on the island at the start of the game. Let's see some interesting backstories! I'm considering awarding XPs for detailed backgrounds.

The game wills start with the characters on the 'Drown'd Bride' as captained by the notorious and swashbuckling Raffin Tessario; a merchant during the best of times, an occasional smuggler and a pirate during hard times. You've all heard stories of an island shrouded in mystery, where the intrepid and courageous may find him or herself a fortune in ancient treasures should the fates (or luck) allow it. Make no mistake, the stories often favor those horrors and abominations that prowl the island. Tales of ancient gods lost to time, or the guardians thereof, awakening to find their temples being despoiled by careless thieves only to have the latter suffer their wrath.

Please work this into your introductory posts, a little character background and their thoughts while on the Drown'd Bride

Let's assume the three characters already know each other. I'm going to throw in that you paid a mighty sum for Tessario to transport you to where most sea captains would not dare to sail. That and perhaps you've done him a favor in one of the iniquitous port cities.

Can't wait to see what you've got to show us!

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by shaidar »

ok, i will think up some more backstory :-)

What port did we sail from?

I rolled first level hp, and got max. I then saw your updated info for character creation. Can I keep that roll for 2nd level or should I roll again?

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by shaidar »

I think my character sheet is pretty much done, apart from finalising backstory. Let me know if I have got anything wrong (and about hit point rolling for level 2, see previous post).

As for the backstory, I'm still pondering a few things, but think I've reached a point where I will need to start weaving my characters story in with the others. I've got Xenos the escaped slave on a merchant caravan heading down the coast to Gal and beyond.

Once I know a bit about the other characters and where they are from, we can work towards getting them together and aboard ship.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by shaidar »

I've made a tweak to his backstory, a much better way of getting out of Zambaala, and introducing Raffin Tessario to his back story. He is now in a position to turn be dropped at at any port and meet up with the others.

Tamerlaine
Ranger
Ranger

#10 Post by Tamerlaine »

Okay, the holidays are over and I'm ready to move things along. This game goes green starting Monday. I'll have the starter out and we'll see what happens. I'm hoping the three players are ready though we are one character short in the list. We'll go ahead Monday and let the chips fall where they may.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by shaidar »

ready as I'll ever be

8-)

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by ybn1197 »

Still here and working on my character. I have the PDF but not the book itself. As I'm an old codger, I prefer the printed paper to staring at a screen and started printing the book only to find out my laser printer was out of toner. Had to purchase some from Amazon (its a specialty printer where you can't walk into a store and pick a toner up off the shelf). Got the toner over the weekend and will resume working on my character now that I have the printed book at home.

Tamerlaine
Ranger
Ranger

#13 Post by Tamerlaine »

Okay gents, I've got the intro posted so feel free to jump in.

Sadly, Scott308 has bowed out. He simply cannot find the time right now to play. However should there be a time where he can play, he is certainly most welcome to join us again.

The NPC will join you on the island. That's all I'm going to say about that.

If anyone knows another player that might be interested, give that person a nudge.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by shaidar »

got a friend who *might* be interested, will let you know.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#15 Post by shaidar »

it's very quiet in here, is the game still on?

Tamerlaine
Ranger
Ranger

#16 Post by Tamerlaine »

It is, just giving your coplayer a moment to post. I'll be pushing the game along later today.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#17 Post by shaidar »

:D

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by shaidar »

shaidar wrote:got a friend who *might* be interested, will let you know.
unfortunately, while my friend is interested, he's not in a position to be able to commit the time. sorry.

Tamerlaine
Ranger
Ranger

#19 Post by Tamerlaine »

Just a head's up. I'll be posting Saturday. I'm just a bit worn out this week. I'm a lab tech at a hospital and with the flu hitting us hard, its been rough.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#20 Post by shaidar »

hey, look after yourself, don't exhaust yourself and get flu too.

Return to “Island of The Forgotten Gods (AS&SH 2e)”