Rider of Rohan

Re: The Tap Room - OOC

#21 Post by ybn1197 »

Tamerlaine
Ranger
Ranger

#22 Post by Tamerlaine »

Just to say, I'm frustatingly firm when it comes to the dice roller results. I do not pull any punches even though I really do root for the players to win the day. But the adventuring life is deadly and sometimes ignoble. So character's do die, oft to bad decisions and poor luck at the dice. Please keep this in mind if your character is a favorite one and it dies whether in the first few posts, during the climatic end, or somewhere in-between. Don't blame me, I was rooting for you the whole damn time.

Another thing, please don't rules lawyer me. The rules are simply guidelines. If there are any problems or issues, I'm all ears. Just keep in mind that I'm the final arbiter. I'm more than fair and my job is to keep the game fun for everyone and running it as expediently as possible. This goes for the players as well. Help one another and help keep the game fun.

I'm old grognard in poor health who still works a 40+ hour week when I should be on disability. If it isn't fun, there's no reason for me to keep running the game. So let's have fun. Hell, I'm rooting for you all!

Tamerlaine
Ranger
Ranger

#23 Post by Tamerlaine »

Thanks to shaidar's efforts, it looks like we have a friend/associate/colleague about to join us. I'll keep you posted.

Question is, do you guys feel like me playing an NPC is still on the table or do you want to try to go without?

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#24 Post by shaidar »

I still think an npc is a good idea

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#25 Post by ybn1197 »

I agree. I think it may be a good idea.

Tamerlaine
Ranger
Ranger

#26 Post by Tamerlaine »

Thank god for the weekend! Flu season has been gawdawful and I appreciate your patience as I suffer double shifts.

One interested player dropped out citing over-extension. We've all been there (well, speaking for myself that is at least) so we wish him well and the door is always open for him to come back should he find the time. Where one door closes another certainly opens as yet another player has shown interest. Let's cross our fingers, eh?

Give me a moment and I'll be soon posting the group's arrival at the island...

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#27 Post by shaidar »

no worries, you are doing your fellow man a service!!

good news about the new interested party.

Tamerlaine
Ranger
Ranger

#28 Post by Tamerlaine »

Sorry for the lapse. Eh, I'll just come out and say it plain. I've got a procedure first thing Monday, a hard calcium blockage. Stent won't do it where it is located so they are going to have to drill it out. All goes well, I'll be back with you guys in a few days.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#29 Post by shaidar »

good luck and get well soon!

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#30 Post by ybn1197 »

Best of luck. We'll be praying for you.