A Favor for Captain Loris

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: A Favor for Captain Loris

#81 Post by ybn1197 »

The barmaid nods at Hradian as to covering Flynn's wine as she puts his mug down and proceeds to deliver Flynn his water. Making her way up the bar she points at Wharram, "'Ere now, we'll have no ruckus here tonight," she says jokingly while grabbing him a mug and filling it with ale. She places the mug down before Wharram and moves back over to Loch. "What's there to say that you probably don't already know. 'Ere you are looking into the matter so you must already know about as much as any of us do. A couple of months ago, more and more rodents were found around almost everyone's farm. No one thought much of it, 'twern't the first time the rodent population swelled. It happens. But then some of the farmers they contracted Slough Pox. You have to understand that happens when the rodents swell. There's no cure for it so you have to be careful round them but this time it's like the rats are looking for a fight. Most times you leave them alone they leave you alone. But I hear tell one of them rats jumped on ole man Ogden's back and bit the bejeezes out of his ear. Well, it weren't long after that that some of the livestock went missing. And I don't mean they wandered off. The farmers were able to follow some of the tracks and they met up with some right nasty tracks that we can't make heads nor tails of."

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#82 Post by Urson »

Flynn

T'ank you, brudderman!

Flynn picks at his guitar quietly, seeming to be unaware of the discussion- until he looks up to ask
Has you heard, dear lady- does de tracks maybe look like rat footprints, but way too large to be so?
Expect Nothing, Appreciate Everything.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#83 Post by Rex »

Loch

Loch waits until no one else is near and in a low voice. "Sounds like something is controlling the rats. I am not good with magic, but I will check on where the livestock was last seen and see what I can figure out. Any other ideas?

hammerHead
Tracker
Tracker

#84 Post by hammerHead »

Hradian

Agreed, we can follow the tracks.
Rules:
Midlands: https://lowfantasygaming.files.wordpres ... -10-16.pdf
Shroom: https://mega.nz/#!uSBHWIJD!vxDZlE_dOoua ... N1vbDqqu1E

Hradian the Rogue: The Midlands [LFG]
Ritbert the Bold: The Pod-Caverns of the Sinister Shroom (OSRIC)

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#85 Post by shaidar »

Wharram nods at the suggestions "Didn't the smith also say that those that feel ill came from a specific part of the town, before they moved them all. We could also check that out as well."

Thulsa-Doom
Runner
Runner

#86 Post by Thulsa-Doom »

Magnus

If we start at that specific part of town we might be able to take care of all of those suggestions.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#87 Post by Urson »

Flynn

The Bard continues his guitar playing, nodding at random points as the others speak. Jah knows, we mus' start somewheres.

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#88 Post by ybn1197 »

Urson wrote:Flynn

T'ank you, brudderman!

Flynn picks at his guitar quietly, seeming to be unaware of the discussion- until he looks up to ask
Has you heard, dear lady- does de tracks maybe look like rat footprints, but way too large to be so?
Roll Gather Information (Charisma)

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#89 Post by Urson »

Flynn

[1d20] = 2+3 Cha: 18 (+3)

ooops.

hammerHead
Tracker
Tracker

#90 Post by hammerHead »

ooops.
No oops! That flynn is one smooth customer, thinks Hradian to himself after polishing off his ale.
Last edited by hammerHead on Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rules:
Midlands: https://lowfantasygaming.files.wordpres ... -10-16.pdf
Shroom: https://mega.nz/#!uSBHWIJD!vxDZlE_dOoua ... N1vbDqqu1E

Hradian the Rogue: The Midlands [LFG]
Ritbert the Bold: The Pod-Caverns of the Sinister Shroom (OSRIC)

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#91 Post by ybn1197 »

ooops.
No oops. This isn't d20. When it comes to rolling skills, you want to roll low. Difficulty is figured by taking the value of your attribute relevant to the skill (in this case 18), adding the skill modifier (+1 for having Gather Information; but the modified cap is 18), and then adding in any modifiers I assign based on difficulty (again, in this case none). So your target was 18.

There are 4 levels of success. Ordinary success, Great success (rolling lower than half the target, failure, and Great failure (rolling more than 1.5 times the target. Also, the added benefit of having a relevant skill is should you fail the roll, you may choose to reroll. Each adventurer begins an adventure with one Reroll Pool die per level. You may regain expended dice by taking short or long rests (see page 56). The Reroll Pool may only be accessed once per attempted action. If advantage or disadvantage applies to the check, the Reroll Pool allows only one die to be rerolled. Reroll Pool dice may also be used for all Luck rolls, Short Rest recoveries, and All Dead or Mostly Dead tests.

Sorry for the rules block. Now back to the game.

The barmaid looks to Flynn and flashes him a smile. "I can't really say as I haven't heard to be honest. But I do remember an old hunter by the name of Motely looking into it. People round these parts say he's the best hunter in the area. You asking jogged me memory. I seem to recall him saying something of the kind. I just tossed it off to the drink, but maybe he was on ta something."

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#92 Post by Rex »

Loch

"Where can I find this Motely?"

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#93 Post by ybn1197 »

The barmaid looks over to Loch. "Motely has an old shack but half an hour's walk to the south but if you were to leave now, I doubt he would be there, he's usually out early in the mornin' till near sunset huntin' and trappin'. If he's had a good day, he'll stop here for some supper. Otherwise he'll head down to his shack." She gives you directions on how best to get to his shack.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#94 Post by Urson »

Flynn

Ah, t'ank you, darlin' lady. Dis Motely sounds lak a good man, an' a good nex' place to go.

Flynn pulls a hawk tailfeather from his braids (he found it earlier on the trail), and places it on the bar. Dis is fo' you, honey.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#95 Post by Rex »

Loch

"Thanks, I may try swinging by since it isn't to far." Loch will head out about an hour before sunset.

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#96 Post by ybn1197 »

She looks at the feather for a moment and then proceeds to put it in her hair. "Thank you."

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#97 Post by ybn1197 »

Is Loch going by himself to see Motely or are others going with him. And if so, who?

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#98 Post by Rex »

if the others want to go search somewhere else Loch will go on his own.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#99 Post by Urson »

Flynn

Eff you be goin' to see dis Motely, I an' I go wit' you, Brudder Loch.

To the barmaid: Will dere be more folks here later? I an' I might could come back, maybe sing fo' de folks.

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#100 Post by ybn1197 »

"I wish there were dear but since some of the farmers contracted slough pox, people just don't want to risk coming out at night. 'Fraid the rats will get them while they stumble their way home," she says with a half-hearted laugh.

Return to “The Midlands [LFG]”