Part 1: Eastdale

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Part 1: Eastdale

#61 Post by greyarea »

Ric Flail approaches Fluxus. He moves a lock of his hair aside with a sweep of his hand and then says, I can see by your robe that you are a man of fine, discriminating taste. Mine has embroidery of silken threads and is edged with the comfortable feathers of the magical Kletke swan. Yours too is a fine make and obviously fit for a seeker of adventure!

He smiles, and clasps Fluxus' shoulder (perhaps a bit too roughly) I am Ric the druid. Come, join me and my companions at table. We will sup and make plans to rid the countryside of evil and malpractice, while enjoying fine food and wishing for fine drink.

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#62 Post by spanningtree »

Gunter

Yes, come join us, it may be the only way to get him to quiet down.... with a smile and picking something from his teeth.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin

Gelatinous Q
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#63 Post by Gelatinous Q »

Fluxus tries not flinch under the druid's rough grip. He resheathes his dagger, coughs politely, and stands to join the others. Whatever happens, he thinks, we will surely be the most splendidly appareled heroes in the land.

When he is among the group, he clears his throat, removes his hat — uncovering his stunningly bald noggin — and bows deeply. "Fluxus Flinders of Ravens Pass at your service," he says.

"Might I suggest — if you're looking to while away the time until the sousing-and-wenching hour rolls back around — paying a visit to the mage Muirron? He gives honest employ for those willing to venture out and retrieve items for his research. That is, if honest employ is what you seek. His estate is near the temple."
Failure is always an option.

connivingsumo
Ranger
Ranger

#64 Post by connivingsumo »

Gelatinous Q wrote:Fluxus tries not flinch under the druid's rough grip. He resheathes his dagger, coughs politely, and stands to join the others. Whatever happens, he thinks, we will surely be the most splendidly appareled heroes in the land.

When he is among the group, he clears his throat, removes his hat — uncovering his stunningly bald noggin — and bows deeply. "Fluxus Flinders of Ravens Pass at your service," he says.

"Might I suggest — if you're looking to while away the time until the sousing-and-wenching hour rolls back around — paying a visit to the mage Muirron? He gives honest employ for those willing to venture out and retrieve items for his research. That is, if honest employ is what you seek. His estate is near the temple."
Xue Heping: Monk
Xue bows at Fluxus' introduction and meekly introduces himself. After the bald Elf's suggestion, Xue is pushing the door open to exit the tavern, and looking back to see if any of his companions are coming along.

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#65 Post by greyarea »

Tyururist cracks a smile at Nuruk. Honest employ?

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#66 Post by badams30 »

As the party welcomes and sizes up the hair-challenged elf, Cravos and his crew bring out food and non-booze drinks for your party. The food smells amazing, and seems to slightly dull your desire for alcohol (just slightly).

Cravos smiles and says "Enjoy! Please let me know if you need anything else. And for your patience, the first round of drinks tonight for your intrepid band is on me! Say... what do you call yourselves? Most of the groups around these parts have a moniker... The Heathens, the Inglorious Bastards, you know... you are definitely the most colorful bunch around here, by far. " He smiles and says "Enjoy the food. Let me know if I can help you..."

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#67 Post by Zhym »

"A name for our intrepid band!" echos Beren. "Of course! We need a name! Now, what shall it be? Something suitably pious! The Holy ... something."

Holy Terrors?

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#68 Post by greyarea »

The Druid proposes, I propose: Ric Flail and his Merry Men! Has a nice ring to it.

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#69 Post by spanningtree »

Gunter

Lost souls in need of drink and coin... that's how I feel anyway.

tumblingdice
Ranger
Ranger

#70 Post by tumblingdice »

Nuruk Nosebreaker - half-orc fighter.

"How about the Chrome Domes," Nuruk suggests boorishly, elbowing Tyururist.

Gelatinous Q
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#71 Post by Gelatinous Q »

Fluxus Flinders, the elf with male pattern baldness
tumblingdice wrote:"How about the Chrome Domes," Nuruk suggests boorishly, elbowing Tyururist.
Fluxus's eyes flash at Nuruk's snarky comment. "That," he says grinning, "is a grand idea! I wish I could say I thought of it myself. All these years being called 'Shine Pate,' 'Bell-End Flinders,' and 'The Invisible Mane' by poncy little wood elves, but 'Chrome Dome' beats them all! The Chrome Domes, says I!"

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#72 Post by Zhym »

"The Holy Chrome Domes?" amends Beren.

Bloodaxe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#73 Post by Bloodaxe »

Jared the peasant archer

Jared looks confused.
He mumbles....
What is a dome?

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#74 Post by greyarea »

Tyururist replies, Nuruk, I have a better suggestion, and lifts a cheek. First his suggestion is heard but it's true potency is olfactory.

Once that settle in he says, I'd rather be that idiot's 'merry man' than anything holy. Especially if holy implies temperance, like it seem to here.

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#75 Post by spanningtree »

Gunter

The name sounds fine, no one would suspect what might befall themselves in an encounter with 'the holy chrome domes'.... that is righteous obfuscation there.

OCC: Sorry for the late posting, in a class 10 hours a day this week.

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#76 Post by greyarea »

Ric Flail stands on the table. Brothers! he says in a loud, commanding voice.

Let us not dilly dally with things in town. We came to crush evil and set things aright! We have news of an owlbear doing what owlbears do, tho too close to habitation. Let us tackle that and we will show our worth, our strength, and our commitment to this fine cause! Then we can return and see what this wizard wants, perhaps winning his confidence as we will be known in these parts as owlbear slayers and righters of wrongs!

Let The Chrome Domes ride in the morn!

Are you with me?!? WOO!!

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#77 Post by greyarea »

Tyururist looks at the display, pulling his meal back so that the druid does not step in it. He cocks an eyebrow at Nuruk. And this is without alcohol...

tumblingdice
Ranger
Ranger

#78 Post by tumblingdice »

Nuruk shakes his head. "I'll go after a <expletive> dragon of it'll shut this guy up."

Gelatinous Q
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#79 Post by Gelatinous Q »

Fluxus Flinders, the elf with male pattern baldness

"An owlbear!" Fluxus exclaims in a show of false bravado. "I'm sure Master Muirron will be amply interested in how such a creature came to be in these parts."

He is fairly certain they are all going to die.

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#80 Post by badams30 »

Between Beren's righteous request to avenge Mert, and Ric's colorful empassioned plea to take it to the owlbear, the group seems to be motivated to find an owlbear and exact some revenge for poor Mert. A small handful of patrons take note of Ric's speech and clap, although its not clear if their spirits are raised by the talk of justice, or if they are just entertained by the colorful druid. Either way, he seems to have a small following in the tavern.

As you discuss the day's events while waiting for the booze taps to be turned on, you eat your fill of some of the best food you've had in some time. You notice more patrons slowly start to trickle in, and before you know it, you are startled by the vigorous ringing of a large brass bell from behind the counter. A small cheer goes up from the customers, and a barmaid materializes at your table (the largest gathering of one group in the tavern) and with a smile she says "And what fine spirits can I get you to drink!" She smiles until she catches the sight of Beren, and then she blushes somewhat and says "Er, uh.. pardon me. Uh, would you gentlemen like some, uh, er, something to, uh... drink?" she takes any drink order offered, glancing quickly at the Paladin each time someone orders an alcoholic drink. She then scurries off to bring your drinks back.

The tavern becomes quite busy in a short time, and many locals come in to wet their whistle. Despite what you've heard about adventurers frequenting the place, you don't see anyone who really sticks out, aside from yourselves - and you do stick out. As you are relaxing and enjoying the atmosphere, a large middle aged human male appears at your table, standing next to Beren. The man is stout looking, with graying hair and beard, both well groomed and closely trimmed. His arms are as big around as a small oak, and he wears the clothing of an outdoorsman, but there is no mistaking that this man is a warrior of some experience. He wears a finely tooled leather belt with a sheathed broadsword in a scabbard. A warm red glow emanates from the sword. He nods politely, surveying each of you. His eyes pause on Ric, then stop at Beren. He says with a gruff voice "You must be Beren of Ygg. Burt told me you'd stopped in, asking about Mert. I'm Hudson. Radloc Hudson, pleased to meet you. If you are interested in avenging good Mert, you look like a capable bunch. If you're interested, of course."

He pulls out a smoldering clay pipe and takes a drag, waiting for a reply...

Return to “The Forbidden Caverns of Archaia (LL AEC)”