Part 1: Eastdale

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Part 1: Eastdale

#21 Post by greyarea »

The druid Ric approaches the bar flamboyantly. He opens his ostentatious robe and produces some coin, asking for drinks and meal for "his entourage" (gesturing to the half-elf and half-orc) and then leads the group to the table closest to the stage.

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#22 Post by spanningtree »

Gunter - Cleric of Crom

Gunter will take a seat where the others are rounding up. To the young lass: Stein of ale and the trout please...He'll indicate with an easy smile.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#23 Post by badams30 »

Beren, Jared and Xue, at the Temple of Ygg:

The priest says "I am brother Sigmund, pleased to make your acquaintance. The funeral is for a local merchant named Merton. We don't have too many funerals around here, Mert' was quite popular though. I'm fairly new to Eastdale, so I didn't know him personally, but I hear he was quite generous toward the church and those in need." You can hear muted singing from within the building as you talk. Sigmund continues "Master Beren, are you joining the company here?" He nods at Xue and Jared and says "you have a diverse following, indeed."

Jared keeps a watchful eye, but sees no bad sorts among the populace. They appear to be common folks, for the most part.

Mentioning donations, Sigmund smiles at Xue and says "Very generous of you, good sir. I don't have a collection box here, but I'd welcome you to make a donation during regular hours tomorrow. We would put the funds to good use, to be sure!"

The remaining party, at the Saucy Tart Tavern

At roughly the same time that Gunter and Tyururist order, Ric approaches the barkeep and orders. The barkeep - wide eyed at the druid's attire and demeanor, squints suspiciously, then smiles and says loudly "You gents must not be from around here, eh?" He motions for Ric to follow him, and he strides over to your table. "We've got some Red Laws in Eastdale, boys. Them Red Men in the temple and all that. No hooch for sale except from 6-10 most nights, and we're dry on the sabbath. Sorry, I wish I could sell ya' some. But come back tonight for some libation and entertainment! I've got the best chow in town, and it'll hold you over till dinner, I promise!" He smiles and takes your orders, any entree being 1SP, 2SP for unlimited portions. As he takes your order (with the help of the attractive barmaid) he says "Adventurers? Good to see you! I'm Cravos. This here's my place. I'll take good care of you, just ask anyone around." After he takes your orders and sends the barmaid to the kitchen, he nods in approval and says "What brings you men here to these parts?"

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#24 Post by Zhym »

Beren smiles and nods toward Jared and Xue himself. "All men can strive to leave better lives under the eye of St. Ygg, can they not? I try to help who I can."

"This merchant—he died a natural death? No foul play or evil deeds that require bringing some miscreant to justice?" Beren sounds like he's worried that the answer will be no.

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#25 Post by badams30 »

Zhym wrote:Beren smiles and nods toward Jared and Xue himself. "All men can strive to leave better lives under the eye of St. Ygg, can they not? I try to help who I can."

"This merchant—he died a natural death? No foul play or evil deeds that require bringing some miscreant to justice?" Beren sounds like he's worried that the answer will be no.

Brother Sigmund sighs and says "Unfortunately, no. Merton was killed by some creature while on a caravan through the Darkwood, to Westkeep. It's a dangerous route, to be sure, usually the guards prevent such a thing from happening, but something went wrong, from what I heard. I don't know much about it though."

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#26 Post by Zhym »

"Aha! So there is foul play that needs to be, er...unfouled!" says Beren, perking up. "Who might we talk to to find out more, that we may bring peace and tranquility to this burg once again and justice to this poor man's loved ones?"

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#27 Post by badams30 »

Zhym wrote:"Aha! So there is foul play that needs to be, er...unfouled!" says Beren, perking up. "Who might we talk to to find out more, that we may bring peace and tranquility to this burg once again and justice to this poor man's loved ones?"

Brother Sigmund nods as Beren mentions his plan to avenge the fallen Merton. He points past you, to the south (building 7, actually more like a compound) and says "You might want to check over there - Hudson's Grey Company. It's the mercenary guild in town. Radloc Hudson is who you should see. He hires out guards for the better caravans, porters and the like for adventuring parties, and his men occasionally bolster the strength of the town garrison, for what it's worth. Like I said, I don't know much about the particulars of Merton's unfortunate end, but a couple of the brothers said that there was some discussion in the tavern about assembling some strong arms to avenge Mert. I'd check with him."

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#28 Post by greyarea »

Tyururist balks at the tavernmaster's words. You sell no mead nor ale depending upon days of the week? What is this place, some mad druid's nightmare with the moon setting your policies? Are sausages reserved for summer? Are eggs only available until mid-morn? This is madness.

Then he settles down and bids the barmaid closer with his fingers. Say, is there wine in that roast? If so, please add as much sauce to mine as you can. There's a silver in it for ya!

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#29 Post by Zhym »

Beren thanks the priest and offers his condolences, then makes his way to the mercenary guild to talk to Radloc Hudson.

Bloodaxe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#30 Post by Bloodaxe »

Jared the peasant archer

Jared sees that Beren is leaving and tags along faithfully.

tumblingdice
Ranger
Ranger

#31 Post by tumblingdice »

Nuruk Nosebreaker - unwillingly sober half-orc fighter

Nuruk leaps to his feet, nearly upending the table. No booze! What kind of place is this!? Looking around, he sees that only Tyururist is as as worked up as he is, and decides it isn't worth getting into. Just bring me some trout, he grumbles, making a failed, half-hearted attempt to grab the barmaid's backside as she departs. Muttering to Tyururist, cocking his head toward Ric, When did we become part of this fruitcake's entourage? And what the hell's an entourage, anyway? Is it like that thing I tried to get in on with those two barmaids last week? They would have gone for it if you hadn't opened your mouth, you know.

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#32 Post by greyarea »

Ric stands and attempts to calm the others. Please, my friends. Please settle down. Please.

While there might be no booze now, there will be this evening and I will ensure that you get some.
Pointing to the half-elf and half-orc with a smile. I have your back boys.

Now
he says, turning to the bar. Please make sure that my friends here are well taken care of. While your laws here might make that difficult on this fine day, I can appreciate that you will do what you can.

When the Spirit of the Wood told me to come here
, (he's obviously hamming it up for whomever will look at him) to right wrongs and defeat evil. (As well as get paid and find some fine womenfolk, he says as an aside to a nearby tavern denizen with a wink) and I met these gentlemen (Tyururist belches at this) on the road and our missions for defeating evil and restoring peace converged, I knew that the Spirit of the Wood had not steered me wrong.

We are here
(slapping the bartop solidly) to be the Lights in the Darkness, to be Champions for Justice, to bring Balance to the Wood, to beat the ever lovin' snot out of every goblin, goon, ghoul, and gnoll that we come across and make our names legend throughout Middenmark! WOOOOO! he ends with a mighty exhalation. He stands with arms raised looking about as if for applause.

Then he mentions to the tavenkeeper in a low faux-whisper and a wink, And first order of business might be rooting out whatever evil menace passed the no booze law on whatever this day is.

He smacks some backs, offers hands for high fives, and makes his way back to the table, rejoining the others.

tumblingdice
Ranger
Ranger

#33 Post by tumblingdice »

Nuruk Nosebreaker

Yeah, you wish you had our backs. Ain't that right, Tyururist? Heh heh! He idly takes a bite of his trout. In a quieter tone, he continues. Guy talks too much. He better come in handy during a fight, or I'm gonna kick his butt myself. Reflexively, Nuruk reaches for a drink, only to remember that he doesn't have one. He pounds his fist on the table in renewed anger.

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#34 Post by greyarea »

Tyururist nods in agreement, taking a sip of water, then inspecting the cup as if it were sewer filth, making a face and slamming it back on the table. He watches the druid's antics and rolls his eyes, tucking into his roast. Told you we shouldn't join no parties. End up with wackos like this or the ones who went to the priests.

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#35 Post by spanningtree »

Gunter - Cleric of Crom

The hooch situation is concerning... I have some memories that need to be kept tamped down. But, it's a sign that the church has folks in order here. Probably not a bad thing. To the barkeep: Were looking for work, as a party I guess... he will say with a sigh. Do you know anyone that might be hiring?
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#36 Post by badams30 »

Cravos gets wide eyed at Ric's passionate speech and he smiles nervously, "Uh yes... champions of right, very inspiring sir." As he processes the spectacle Crom asks him about work, and he exhales loudly, apparently happy to be brought back on track... "Work? Hmmm.... I seem to remember someone mentioning some job... good pay, danger, hmm... If I could only jog my memory...."The barkeep shakes his head in frustration, but Crom notices that he has his right hand extended somewhat, almost as if he's looking for something to be placed in it...

Beren and Jared take the short walk to the Hudson's Grey Company compound. As you enter the area you see some young men clad in new leather armor taking some swings with short swords at some rotating targets. A couple grizzled human warriors are guiding their lessons. As you approach an old gent missing a leg hobbles up to you using a well-worn crutch. He nods politely at Beren and says "Good day to you, my lord. How may I be of assistance?"

The barmaid raises her hands at the show of displeasure about the dry bar. With a flirty smile obviously well-rehearsed she says "Hold on boys - take it easy." She pats the large half-orc's back and runs her fingers through his hair and she winks at the others "We're just following the law, you know. Those priests in the red temple call the shots, and as long as we do what they say, everyone has a good time. Just hang in there, and happy hour will be here. I'll get you a free first round for your patience, okay? In the meantime, enjoy the food! You won't be disappointed."

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#37 Post by Zhym »

"That's a fine bunch of young men you have there!" booms Beren. "It's good work you're doing! Keep the lads busy! Strong bodies, strong minds! Idle hands are the devils' workshops, what!"

Having made what he thinks passes for an inspirational speech (and, despite its lack of content, usually does, for some reason), Beren gets down to business. "Would you be Radloc Hudson? We hear he may know what happened to poor Merton—and how we might bring justice to his foul murderers!"

tumblingdice
Ranger
Ranger

#38 Post by tumblingdice »

Nuruk Nosebreaker - half-orc fighter

Nuruk smiles a wide, toothy grin at the barmaid's attention. For you, sweetheart, I suppose I can behave myself. Though I'm not sure I want to, heh heh. He gives a thumbs up to Tyururist, then stage whispers, I think that guy there is looking for you to tip him. Don't leave him waitin'.

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#39 Post by greyarea »

Memories are difficult things, but can be lubricated with the proper grease, I suppose, says Tyururist as he slips the barman a silver piece, while looking out for the others in the bar and giving the half-orc the stink eye.

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#40 Post by greyarea »

Ric Flail

I AIM TO INSPIRE! says the druid, deafeningly. That is why my Circle set me out! To inspire, to teach, and to destroy evil for that which is evil is foe to nature, and I am the nature boy! Wooooo! He appears to be trying to get the crowd (that which it might be) pumped. (Charisma 16, if it matters Badams ;))

Return to “The Forbidden Caverns of Archaia (LL AEC)”