:D

Gelatinous Q
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: :D

#121 Post by Gelatinous Q »

Greetings, all!

Word on the street is this gang needs a spellcaster. Lucky for you, Fluxus Flinders the Elf with Male Pattern Baldness is available and accepting clients.

I'll be finishing up my character sheet and reacquainting myself with the AEC over the next day or two. See you in Eastdale!
Last edited by Gelatinous Q on Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:38 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Failure is always an option.

connivingsumo
Ranger
Ranger

#122 Post by connivingsumo »

Gelatinous Q wrote:Greetings, all!

Word on the street is this gang needs a spellcaster. Lucky for you, Fluxus Flinders the Elf with Male Pattern Baldness is available and accepting clients.

I'll be finishing up my character sheet and reacquainting myself with the AEC over the next day or two. See you in Eastdale!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Welcome Gelatinous Q

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#123 Post by badams30 »

Gelatinous Q wrote:Greetings, all!

Male pattern baldness? Uh oh, I hope this elf isn't inspired by my thinning dome - if so - MINUS 20% xp.
Seriously though, welcome aboard John! Glad you are with us! And don't get too attached to Sumo's characters, they'll be dying quickly and painfully.

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#124 Post by badams30 »

Hey guys - I'm content with everyone hammering it out at the inn, I want to give everyone a chance to get acquainted with town and whatnot, but I know some of you are chomping at the bit to get going. So we've got some choices:

1. Hang at the inn, see what happens when booze hour hits. See if any leads develop.
2. Hang at the inn, do the cliff notes/fast forward version summary of the evening, move on to a course of action.

Leads thus far:

1. An owlbear attacked a caravan and killed Mert, a popular townie. Word has it that Radloc Hudson, owner of a mercenary company, is organizing a party to go avenge his falling and bring back the beast responsible.
2. Fluxus has a solid lead that Murrion the Magician frequently employs adventurers to perform tasks for him. Pay is rumored to be ample, and opportunities many for those who work for him.

Or something else?
You could try to ply someone else for rumors or work - etc.

It's your call! I don't want anyone to get bored, and I don't want ol' Ric Flail to go stir crazy in his feathery robe an all...

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#125 Post by Zhym »

Beren the Bold is ready for action and eager to smite evil!

Bloodaxe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#126 Post by Bloodaxe »

Zhym wrote:Beren the Bold is ready for action and eager to smite evil!
Lead on good master Beren! Jared wants to shoot something with his bow. ;)

I think going after the Owlbear would be good. If we can pull it off, it could help us get other jobs. Killing an Owlbear would prove our worth.

connivingsumo
Ranger
Ranger

#127 Post by connivingsumo »

badams30 wrote:Hey guys - I'm content with everyone hammering it out at the inn, I want to give everyone a chance to get acquainted with town and whatnot, but I know some of you are chomping at the bit to get going. So we've got some choices:

1. Hang at the inn, see what happens when booze hour hits. See if any leads develop.
2. Hang at the inn, do the cliff notes/fast forward version summary of the evening, move on to a course of action.

Leads thus far:

1. An owlbear attacked a caravan and killed Mert, a popular townie. Word has it that Radloc Hudson, owner of a mercenary company, is organizing a party to go avenge his falling and bring back the beast responsible.
2. Fluxus has a solid lead that Murrion the Magician frequently employs adventurers to perform tasks for him. Pay is rumored to be ample, and opportunities many for those who work for him.

Or something else?
You could try to ply someone else for rumors or work - etc.

It's your call! I don't want anyone to get bored, and I don't want ol' Ric Flail to go stir crazy in his feathery robe an all...
Pretty sure Xue was heading out the door to go talk to the Wizard Fluxus suggested. He looked back to see if any of his companions were following, but he would've gone on by himself anyway. Perhaps players are already ignoring my posts since my guy is as good as dead anyway? This would be a fantastic time for you to kill him, while he's alone and heading to the Wizard's for a job; hell, maybe the Wizard needs some eye-balls for a spell component? Everyone can use a blind monk, right? :mrgreen:

Gelatinous Q
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#128 Post by Gelatinous Q »

Well, Fluxus is the agent for the Muirron rumor, so I'm gonna stick with that option. The old coot might take a fledgling mage under his wing. And an owlbear for a L1 MU sounds like quick and certain death.
Failure is always an option.

Bloodaxe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#129 Post by Bloodaxe »

Im ready to go when you are? But where?

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#130 Post by Zhym »

Avenge Mert!

Bloodaxe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#131 Post by Bloodaxe »

Zhym wrote:Avenge Mert!

+1

tumblingdice
Ranger
Ranger

#132 Post by tumblingdice »

No one messes with Mert! Nuruk's going to kick that owlbear's butt, stuff the beast and put it over his mantle.

Does anyone have a mantel Nuruk can borrow?

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#133 Post by badams30 »

Okay - so it sounds like the "Avenge Mert" crowd has a slight lead. So unless anyone has serious objections, or somehow learns of something different, we'll move forward with Mert's avenging party. (does anyone have any specifics they want to accomplish during the evening or happy hour? If not, we can summarize and move along. I'm happy to RP anything anyone wants, or to get this bus on the road. Let me know.

Bloodaxe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#134 Post by Bloodaxe »

Im ready if everyone else is.

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#135 Post by spanningtree »

Mert is fine, I guess, not really sure what it means...
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin

Bloodaxe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#136 Post by Bloodaxe »

Can someone direct me to quick refresher on the dice roller? ;) The format for attack rolls and adding bonuses and such. I had a bad experience with a douche who accused me of cheating when i kept messing up. Not that it would happen here. lol :D

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#137 Post by Zhym »

It's all documented here:

http://unseenservant.com/default.asp?do=help

Basically, it's [XdY+N] to roll X Y-sided dice and add N. You can also subtract (with "-") or multiply (with "X"), but you can only do one operation per macro. There are also fancier macros for cutting low dice, re-rolling certain values, etc, but [XdY+N] will get you most of what you need.

Edit: Y-sided dice, not N-sided.
Last edited by Zhym on Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bloodaxe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#138 Post by Bloodaxe »

Zhym wrote:It's all documented here:

http://unseenservant.com/default.asp?do=help

Basically, it's [XdY+N] to roll X N-sided dice and add N. You can also subtract (with "-") or multiply (with "X"), but you can only do one operation per macro. There are also fancier macros for cutting low dice, re-rolling certain values, etc, but [XdY+N] will get you most of what you need.
Thank you. :D

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#139 Post by badams30 »

Bloodaxe wrote:Can someone direct me to quick refresher on the dice roller? ;) The format for attack rolls and adding bonuses and such. I had a bad experience with a douche who accused me of cheating when i kept messing up. Not that it would happen here. lol :D
Heh....

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#140 Post by greyarea »

Bloodaxe wrote:Can someone direct me to quick refresher on the dice roller? ;) The format for attack rolls and adding bonuses and such. I had a bad experience with a douche who accused me of cheating when i kept messing up. Not that it would happen here. lol :D
One thing to note is that all of your dice rolls for a character linked to a campaign are saved to that campaign and the DM can see them. So if you roll once and then roll a second time, even if you only link the second roll in your post, the DM can still see the first one.

Also, be sure to copy the roll into the game, which you can do by copying the text in the roll result page:

...and pasting it into the forum post.

In this example, that would be:

Code: Select all

[url=http://www.unseenservant.com/default.asp?do=showone&id=143634&macid=11226]Wrathchild, the bastard sword [1d20+2] = 5+2 = 7, dmg [2d4+2] = 4+2 = 6[/url]
Which results in this:
Wrathchild, the bastard sword [1d20+2] = 5+2 = 7, dmg [2d4+2] = 4+2 = 6

Return to “The Forbidden Caverns of Archaia (LL AEC)”