:D

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: :D

#61 Post by badams30 »

Bloodaxe wrote:
tumblingdice wrote:Hmmm. Does Jared have a brother named Keith, who plays guitar perchance?
If you hear banjo music....RUN!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsC4kf6x_Q0

I thought it would be fun to play a filthy poor peasant archer. ;)
Awesome. Cool idea. This should be an interesting band. How are we doing? Everyone almost ready?

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#62 Post by Zhym »

Beren the Bold is ready for action!

Bloodaxe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#63 Post by Bloodaxe »

I wouldnt mind Jared being someones kind of servant or henchmen type. He is a dirty filthy poor peasant with 40 coppers to his name. As I intend to really play up the low the social status peasant type. But being solo is fine too. It could be a reason the 2 are travelling together. The mentor provides room, board and direction-
Jared does errands, guard duty and whatever else he needs. Probably not Nuruk or Tyururist, as I dont think that would quite fit. Maybe another character kind of took him under their wing. Just an idea. :D

connivingsumo
Ranger
Ranger

#64 Post by connivingsumo »

Bloodaxe wrote:I wouldnt mind Jared being someones kind of servant or henchmen type. He is a dirty filthy poor peasant with 40 coppers to his name. As I intend to really play up the low the social status peasant type. But being solo is fine too. It could be a reason the 2 are travelling together. The mentor provides room, board and direction-
Jared does errands, guard duty and whatever else he needs. Probably not Nuruk or Tyururist, as I dont think that would quite fit. Maybe another character kind of took him under their wing. Just an idea. :D
The Monk could possibly? Monks take a (sort of) vow of poverty, but it's by choice, not by economics/status. That said, if you made yer fella dirt poor, then the Monk's 50+ gold (coin & gems) would seem wealthy, I imagine? They're both archers, although this Monk studies and practices to master the fist, eventually; however, until then Xue prefers the distance of an arrow.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#65 Post by Zhym »

He could be one of Beren's charity cases. :)

I guess Beren should have a diety, huh? St. Ygg is the only one listed in the game info that would seem to have paladins, but I was picturing Beren as unsanctimonious. Could I add a diety, or just fit him in as a non-obnoxious Ygg follower?

Bloodaxe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#66 Post by Bloodaxe »

connivingsumo wrote:
Bloodaxe wrote:I wouldnt mind Jared being someones kind of servant or henchmen type. He is a dirty filthy poor peasant with 40 coppers to his name. As I intend to really play up the low the social status peasant type. But being solo is fine too. It could be a reason the 2 are travelling together. The mentor provides room, board and direction-
The Monk could possibly? Monks take a (sort of) vow of poverty, but it's by choice, not by economics/status. That said, if you made yer fella dirt poor, then the Monk's 50+ gold (coin & gems) would seem wealthy, I imagine? They're both archers, although this Monk studies and practices to master the fist, eventually; however, until then Xue prefers the distance of an arrow.
Jared just doesnt understand someone who CHOOSES to be poor! :lol:
Sorry Sumo- still love ya man. :oops:

To go with the obvious tropes- Id say the Paladin or Cleric would be best.

Do we have a Thief or Mage ? are we expecting any more players?

connivingsumo
Ranger
Ranger

#67 Post by connivingsumo »

Bloodaxe wrote:
connivingsumo wrote:
Jared just doesnt understand someone who CHOOSES to be poor! :lol:
Sorry Sumo- still love ya man. :oops:

To go with the obvious tropes- Id say the Paladin or Cleric would be best.

Do we have a Thief or Mage ? are we expecting any more players?
Hahaha - no worries. :mrgreen:

The Monk is the 'Thief' for the skills; lucky for us, Monks execute at the same level as Thieves and even get a bonus to find/remove traps, move silent/hide in shadows, pick locks, and climb ~ this doesn't include his DEX bonus, which he also gets. We do not have a Magic-User, that I know of. We'll probably have to rent one out.

Bloodaxe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#68 Post by Bloodaxe »

Does a Paladin choose a Diety like a Cleric?

tumblingdice
Ranger
Ranger

#69 Post by tumblingdice »

Nuruk's ready. I just have to spend down a few more coins.

Bloodaxe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#70 Post by Bloodaxe »

Zhym wrote:He could be one of Beren's charity cases. :)

I guess Beren should have a diety, huh? St. Ygg is the only one listed in the game info that would seem to have paladins, but I was picturing Beren as unsanctimonious. Could I add a diety, or just fit him in as a non-obnoxious Ygg follower?
Accepted! ;)

Eh, do your boots needs polishin my'lord? An I see a bit o' rust on your armor. That wont do. You gots to look presentable if we are goin to be out slaying the dungeon an all that.

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#71 Post by greyarea »

Bloodaxe wrote:

Accepted! ;)

Eh, do your boots needs polishin my'lord? An I see a bit o' rust on your armor. That wont do. You gots to look presentable if we are goin to be out slaying the dungeon an all that.
Tyururist nudges Nuruk, See, big fella. That's how it's done. Polish my bow.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#72 Post by Zhym »

Now, now, now. Beren would never take advantage of his charge to avoid menial tasks.

Unless doing those tasks taught a good life lesson or something. :)

Bloodaxe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#73 Post by Bloodaxe »

Zhym wrote:Now, now, now. Beren would never take advantage of his charge to avoid menial tasks.

Unless doing those tasks taught a good life lesson or something. :)
Jared has to earn his keep. Whats a good filthy peasant for?

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#74 Post by Zhym »

Why, for bringing him up out of his squalid existence, teaching him the ways of Law and Goodness, and keeping him on the straight and narrow, of course!

The continued poverty comes from working for someone who took a vow of poverty. :)

Bloodaxe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#75 Post by Bloodaxe »

Zhym wrote:Why, for bringing him up out of his squalid existence, teaching him the ways of Law and Goodness, and keeping him on the straight and narrow, of course!

The continued poverty comes from working for someone who took a vow of poverty. :)
Well then you can give to charity! Namely Jared! :D And Im sure the vow of poverty is for monies after expenses....expenses like the upkeep of your faithful servant. ;) Peasants have to eat too.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#76 Post by Zhym »

Sure. Jared will live just as well as Beren. :)

Bloodaxe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#77 Post by Bloodaxe »

Zhym wrote:Sure. Jared will live just as well as Beren. :)
Probably still a step up from a hovel with a dirt floor and not enough food.

Beren and Jared together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2c-X8HiBng

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#78 Post by badams30 »

St. Ygg is fine. They have a small detachment at Eastdale, they are typically A-holes, but you can be however you choose to be. St Ygg's followers tend to be quite fanatical, but there are plenty who are more down to earth.

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#79 Post by badams30 »

Bloodaxe wrote:Does a Paladin choose a Diety like a Cleric?
I'd say yes - generally. Ygg is the overwhelming choice around here, but any god whose sphere has anything to do with order, law, justice, whatever, I'd say they are choices too.

I like the concept of your guy. Kind of like a Sod from your Horror on the Hill campaign...

Bloodaxe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#80 Post by Bloodaxe »

badams30 wrote:
Bloodaxe wrote:Does a Paladin choose a Diety like a Cleric?
I'd say yes - generally. Ygg is the overwhelming choice around here, but any god whose sphere has anything to do with order, law, justice, whatever, I'd say they are choices too.

I like the concept of your guy. Kind of like a Sod from your Horror on the Hill campaign...
Damn its been awhile. I remember him, but who played Sod? I dont remember, been a lot of games. lol.

Return to “The Forbidden Caverns of Archaia (LL AEC)”