:D

connivingsumo
Ranger
Ranger

:D

#1 Post by connivingsumo »

Woohoo!! Like your last campaign, I'm the first to post - yay me - maybe my character will survive a round longer! :lol: :mrgreen:

connivingsumo
Ranger
Ranger

Re: :D

#2 Post by connivingsumo »

:ugeek:
Last edited by connivingsumo on Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

tumblingdice
Ranger
Ranger

#3 Post by tumblingdice »

Nuruk Nosebreaker, boorish half-orc fighter goes here. You got a @$!#/*^& problem with that, punk?
These are ghouls. They hang out in graveyards, they have long tongues, and they eat people.
"Oh, well, that could be helpful!"
--my five-year old daughter

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#4 Post by badams30 »

Geez, when you hand out campaign IDs, anyone can crawl in. Ugh.

I’ve been typing up the background, geography, deities, and some other things, and I’m working on the houserules, so I’m pretty close to getting stuff online. Stay tuned!

connivingsumo
Ranger
Ranger

#5 Post by connivingsumo »

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#6 Post by spanningtree »

The tweak to the magic system looks okay, gives the mage options. I don't see it becoming a "real" tool until the mage has some levels under their belt. Not sure what I am going to play yet, will need to see what my rolls look like. Should be fun no matter what!
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#7 Post by badams30 »

Thanks for the input! I think we’ll try the magic system and see how it works. We’ll bumble through it together. And it seems to me it applies to all spellcasters.

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#8 Post by greyarea »

connivingsumo wrote:Image
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Start a Character Thread Badams! I want to post my druid

connivingsumo
Ranger
Ranger

#9 Post by connivingsumo »

greyarea wrote:
connivingsumo wrote:Holy Grail Meme
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Finally, someone laughed! I was beginning to think I was in a game with a bunch of fakers! :twisted: :ugeek:

connivingsumo
Ranger
Ranger

#10 Post by connivingsumo »

spanningtree ~ omg I LOL when I saw your character sheet because I thought it was our "DM" making fun of me! :lol:

May your Cleric be successful and full of heals, my friend! :mrgreen:

connivingsumo
Ranger
Ranger

#11 Post by connivingsumo »

What classes do we have so far? Fighter, Cleric & a Druid?

I was thinking Monk, but - being level one - I'm thinking maybe a Paladin or Magic User, could maybe use another Fighter? I have a female Half-Orc Fighter character concept I like, but we could probably use a Wizard more. I can't even remember the last time I played a Paladin... :?

Hey Boss (that's you, DM), few questions for you:
a) When are the character sheets due? When do you need the characters complete to get your game rolling?
b) Are you using the alternate HD/HP rule? This basically makes the d4 hit-point dudes less gimp, and the d8 hit-point dudes a bit more tanky, at d6, d8 (clerics, thieves, etc.), and d10, respectively.
c) Thank you for mailing your House Rules; would you mind creating a thread (yes, you can 'lock' it so I don't abuse it :twisted: ) where you post the House Rules? This is handy to hop over and have an easy glance mid-post.

Thankie! :mrgreen:

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#12 Post by badams30 »

Oh nuts. I forgot to tell you, Rik. I made some rolls... your guy is dead. Tough break, man.

Geez man "Post the rules.." "Can I use the alternate HD?" There is no pleasing you....

Sure, I'll post them, give me a minute. Also - I'll be posting some other stuff in a bit. No due date, per se. I'm a poster child for "Real Life Craps on Me All the Time" so get them up as you can. Chad has some finals I think, so we'll start when everyone is ready. And if anyone lags behind, we can start in town, and others can catch up. No worries.

connivingsumo
Ranger
Ranger

#13 Post by connivingsumo »

badams30 wrote:Sure, I'll post them, give me a minute. Also - I'll be posting some other stuff in a bit. No due date, per se. I'm a poster child for "Real Life Craps on Me All the Time" so get them up as you can. Chad has some finals I think, so we'll start when everyone is ready. And if anyone lags behind, we can start in town, and others can catch up. No worries.
Actually I was just in the process of converting them to PDF (I don't have MS Word @ home, so I have to RDP into my work PC to convert), and then I was just going to make a thread for 'House Rules' figuring you could just nuke it if you didn't want it. Sorry I didn't think of that ~ it's not like you have a family or priorities or anything. :cry:

connivingsumo
Ranger
Ranger

#14 Post by connivingsumo »

badams30 wrote:Oh nuts. I forgot to tell you, Rik. I made some rolls... your guy is dead. Tough break, man.

Geez man "Post the rules.." "Can I use the alternate HD?" There is no pleasing you.....
:lol: :lol:

I was wrong though ~ the Advanced HD rules (AEC pg21) are as follows:
d8 = Cleric, Druid
d10 = Dwarf
d8 = Elf
d8 = Halfling
d10 = Fighter, Paladin
d8 = Ranger
d6 = Thief, Assassin
* It is recommended that monks, magic-users, and illusionists retain d4 for HD

So I guess I must have been thinking of someone else's 'House Rules' of the Advanced HD rule ~ my bad. :oops: :cry:

connivingsumo
Ranger
Ranger

#15 Post by connivingsumo »

I'm just now reading your House Rules because I had to remote into work PC to convert them to pdf so I could read at home. Sorry DM, I'm just now seeing your allowed classes, so it looks like Monk is out, as is "Race as Class."

I had decided to rule out Magic-User because I just can't stand playing them at low levels, so I had it narrowed down to Monk, Fighter, or Paladin. With Monk out of the mix, it looks like Fighter or Paladin.

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#16 Post by badams30 »

Its been a long week - I'm running on fumes. Did I post the correct stuff? No "Elves" "Dwarves" etc. All AEC. So Fighters are D10, Thieves D6, Clerics D8, Wizard Types D4....

I'm trying to post stuff, and my PC is just fighting me every step of the way. UGH.

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#17 Post by badams30 »

BTW, you'll be starting in Eastdale.

connivingsumo
Ranger
Ranger

#18 Post by connivingsumo »

badams30 wrote:All AEC.
I hear ya bro - and thanks for all the work you've put into it so far. I'm anxious to start.

So your House Rules - where it says "Fighters/Paladins/Rangers" - I have a couple of questions:
a) Would Monks fall into this category for weapon specialization, since "all AEC" is allowed?
b) Thrown dagger is 3 attacks per round at level one, as long as it's thrown?

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#19 Post by badams30 »

Sorry - Specialization is for fighter classes ONLY. Fighter, Ranger, Paladin...

Bloodaxe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#20 Post by Bloodaxe »

Hey all. Im crazy busy with finals, but I'll get caught up soon. Good to see everyone! ;)

Return to “The Forbidden Caverns of Archaia (LL AEC)”