Part 1: Eastdale

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Part 1: Eastdale

#41 Post by spanningtree »

Gunter dives into the food with gusto while watching the druid go crazy with the crowd. To no one in particular: Don't see to many of their ilk about... bit like a peacock. He'll say with no ill intent and a smile.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin

Bloodaxe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#42 Post by Bloodaxe »

Zhym wrote:"That's a fine bunch of young men you have there!" booms Beren. "It's good work you're doing! Keep the lads busy! Strong bodies, strong minds! Idle hands are the devils' workshops, what!"

Having made what he thinks passes for an inspirational speech (and, despite its lack of content, usually does, for some reason), Beren gets down to business. "Would you be Radloc Hudson? We hear he may know what happened to poor Merton—and how we might bring justice to his foul murderers!"

Jared peasant archer

Jared looks around sheepishly at the men practicing their swordwork.
He mumbles a bit.

There was a man named Hudson back in our village. Er...em...what was his name? Umm, Stone Hudson? Nah....Pebble Hudson? Meh, thats not right......Boulder Hudson? Hmmmm, I cant remember......

He starts to polish his bow with an old rag.

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#43 Post by badams30 »

Zhym wrote:"That's a fine bunch of young men you have there!" booms Beren. "It's good work you're doing! Keep the lads busy! Strong bodies, strong minds! Idle hands are the devils' workshops, what!"

Having made what he thinks passes for an inspirational speech (and, despite its lack of content, usually does, for some reason), Beren gets down to business. "Would you be Radloc Hudson? We hear he may know what happened to poor Merton—and how we might bring justice to his foul murderers!"

The old gent smiles at your praise and he pats you on the shoulder. "Radloc? He's out at the moment, but he should be back later. Can I tell him who's calling? I do believe he's puttin' together a band to hunt down that owlbear that did poor Mert in. You'd have to ask him though. He's always lookin' for some strong arms." And he points at your holy symbol and winks saying "And it doesn't hurt that you're in good with the man, if you know what I mean..."

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#44 Post by badams30 »

The lanky Ranger slips the barkeep a silver, and he glances down quickly, then back at you all and he mumbles "Hmm... I seem to recall somethin'... hmm... thinking...." He wiggles his hand a bit, obviously seeking a bit more coin.

As Ric does his best to captivate the slim audience, he finds that he has a couple admirers in attendance - 3 of the locals smile and give a polite clap at his speech/antics. Even the barkeep smiles in approval. It seems the druid has found his calling...

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#45 Post by Zhym »

badams30 wrote:The old gent smiles at your praise and he pats you on the shoulder. "Radloc? He's out at the moment, but he should be back later. Can I tell him who's calling? I do believe he's puttin' together a band to hunt down that owlbear that did poor Mert in. You'd have to ask him though. He's always lookin' for some strong arms." And he points at your holy symbol and winks saying "And it doesn't hurt that you're in good with the man, if you know what I mean..."
"Beren the Bold, at your service," says Beren, with a bow. "And the service of St. Ygg, of course! If you would be so good as to tell Radloc that I and my companions were here, and that we wish to help him teach those miscreants a lesson, I shall be mighty grateful!"

"I will now go join my friends at the tavern! After all, someone has to keep those scalawags on the straight and narrow!" The paladin winks conspiratorially.

Bloodaxe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#46 Post by Bloodaxe »

Jared the peasant archer

Jared looks over at Beren and nods enthusiastically.
Aye my Lord, I could do with a bite.

He heads to the tavern with Beren.

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#47 Post by badams30 »

The barkeep clears his throat, glancing at his not full palm and he says "What was that I'd heard... hmm... If only I could remember..."

At this time, Beren and Jared enter the tavern, seeing the group seated and with the barkeep standing at the table...

(we have one more joining us, so stand by - our group is about to be rounded out)

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#48 Post by greyarea »

Tyururist glances sideways at Nuruk and sighs. Five more silvers appear in the barman's hand. This is eating into my drinking money...

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#49 Post by badams30 »

Cravos quickly closes his palm with the added coin and smiles, raising his free hand into an upraised index finger... "Ah, yes! Now I remember! good ol' Retep has been paying top shelf prices for antiquities from Archaia... some bands have walked away with sacks of coin after retrieving some choice items for him. You can find him in his shop to the east" (bldg 9 on the map).

Cravos smiles and continues "But if you head that way, beware - Dragon's Teeth Henge is haunted. Scary place, you know..."

Cravos, seeing Beren and Jared shouts out "Well, welcome! WELCOME! What can I get you gents?"

connivingsumo
Ranger
Ranger

#50 Post by connivingsumo »

Xue Heping: Monk
badams30 wrote:"Well, welcome! WELCOME! What can I get you gents?"
The Monk bows slightly, and asks if wine is available.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#51 Post by Zhym »

"Wine? Before 6? Madness!" chides Beren, though there is a wink in his voice. "This good tavern keeper wouldn't dream of going against the Red Laws! They're for our own protection, you know! I will have a bowl of your finest stew! Let us join in conversation and relaxation until the drinking hours arrive!"

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#52 Post by badams30 »

Zhym wrote:"Wine? Before 6? Madness!" chides Beren, though there is a wink in his voice. "This good tavern keeper wouldn't dream of going against the Red Laws! They're for our own protection, you know! I will have a bowl of your finest stew! Let us join in conversation and relaxation until the drinking hours arrive!"
Cravos smiles and nods at Beren and says "The good brother is right. Have some hearty food and happy hour will be upon us before you know it." He starts to walk away and pauses, then points toward the fireplace where a shadowy figure sits. "If you're seeking adventure, you might check with that fella over there. Nice enough, wizard type. He's been here a few days, I guess he's lookin' to sign on with some group. Just a suggestion."

Next to the fireplace sits a lone figure, very slight of build in an interesting robe. He seems to be observing your party.

Bloodaxe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#53 Post by Bloodaxe »

Zhym wrote:"Wine? Before 6? Madness!" chides Beren, though there is a wink in his voice. "This good tavern keeper wouldn't dream of going against the Red Laws! They're for our own protection, you know! I will have a bowl of your finest stew! Let us join in conversation and relaxation until the drinking hours arrive!"
Jared the peasant archer

Jared looks at Beren sheepishly while holding his miserably thin purse with only a few coppers in it.
My Lord Beren, could you spare a coin or two for a crust of bread for your loyal servant Jared? My purse is mighty thin.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#54 Post by Zhym »

"How thoughtless of me!" says Beren. "Cravos! Make that two bowls of stew, if you please!"

-2 sp

Gelatinous Q
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#55 Post by Gelatinous Q »

badams30 wrote: He starts to walk away and pauses, then points toward the fireplace where a shadowy figure sits. "If you're seeking adventure, you might check with that fella over there. Nice enough, wizard type. He's been here a few days, I guess he's lookin' to sign on with some group. Just a suggestion."

Next to the fireplace sits a lone figure, very slight of build in an interesting robe. He seems to be observing your party.
Fluxus keeps his own council by the fireplace. He has yet to remove his hat, but he has pulled a straw from it which he chews on thoughtfully. He takes note of Ric Flail's ostentatious robe and assures himself that the one he wears, a gift from Mistress Ysidore, is of much finer make. He removes a dagger from his boot and starts cleaning beneath his nails. They got frightfully dirty on the trip from Westgate with those filthy merchants.
Failure is always an option.

Bloodaxe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#56 Post by Bloodaxe »

Zhym wrote:"How thoughtless of me!" says Beren. "Cravos! Make that two bowls of stew, if you please!"

-2 sp
Jared the broke peasant archer
Jared smiles at Beren , showing a smile more at home on a jack-o-lantern.

Thank you my Lord. May the Gods shower you with blessings for your generosity.

He licks his lips and grabs a spoon.

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#57 Post by spanningtree »

Gunter

Leaning back in his chair: Yes, we wait until the drinking hour... never thought I would have to do that. Did you find any leads regarding work at the temple Beren?
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#58 Post by Zhym »

"Mr. Hudson was not in. I left a request that he seek us out here," answers Beren.

tumblingdice
Ranger
Ranger

#59 Post by tumblingdice »

Nuruk Nosebreaker - half-orc fighter

Nuruk wrinkles his brow at Cravos' suggestion, turns to regard Fluxus, then back at Cravos, and scowls. Join us? I doubt it. Catching on too late to Tyururist's lead to cough up some coin, he asks, Is it 6 yet? I'm in danger of putting together a coherent thought, and I don't like it. Not one bit.

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#60 Post by greyarea »

Tyururist says, This group will let anyone in (pointing at the druid with his thumb) so I don't see a problem with that guy.

Return to “The Forbidden Caverns of Archaia (LL AEC)”