no 10

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Chapter 2: Back to the Barrows!

#22 Post by thirdkingdom »

Betdas the Bold

Betdas buries his face in his hands.
Guys, I really could give a shit which barrow we go into, but everyone throwing out different suggestions, without any reasoning to back it up, is maddening and a fucking waste of time. One of the things about pbp is that it is inherently slow moving, and shit like this doesn't do anything to speed it up. We've got 21 options according to the map. A proposal was mooted to explore the open barrows first, so that reduces the number of choices to four: 3, 12 (the one we have already explored, partially), 18 and 20. I believe there are currently three votes for number 3 (Nimh, Betdas and Fane). I don't really know how many players we've got, but if there are five that means there's a clear majority for exploring Barrow #3. I propose we work on a simple majority rules system with decisions such as this, so as to not get bogged down figuring out what to do.

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#23 Post by drpete »

There's a clear (if admittedly arbitrary) preference of 3, so we'll run with it...

The group heads over to an open barrow (#3) to the west of the big one they explored earlier. The hill is significantly smaller than the one you looked in earlier, and opening of this barrow faces west, and is open.

Peering in from outside, you see a short flight of stone steps going about 5 feet down. At the bottom of these steps, you can see large slabs of stone, the remnants of the stone door that once sealed this tomb.

You can tell that there is space beyond the stairs, but you cannot see what is there from outside (and without a light).

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#24 Post by Rex »

Nimh

Nimh lights one of her torches. "I can hold a torch and go second if someone else will go first."

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#25 Post by Spearmint »

Moony

"Well let us clerics hedge the party."

If Nimh advances at point, Moony will bring up the rear behind Boldar.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#26 Post by Rex »

Nimh

"I don't think I would make a very good point, second would be better for me."

(I only have 3 HP)

Piper
Tracker
Tracker

#27 Post by Piper »

Kohrek: lI’ll take front rank.”
Red 5, Standing ... Hey! Is That A Banana?

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#28 Post by drpete »

Let by Kohrek, with Nimh following behind and holding the torch, the group files into the barrow, stepping over the shards of the old stone door.

This barrow is simpler and smaller than the big one you visited yesterday, but much like the one you visited before, this one shows signs that others have been here before. A stone sarcophagus lies in the center of a 30x30 foot room. The lid has been pried off of the sarcophagus, and lies beside it, shattered. Cobwebs and dust are on everything, including the sarcophagus and its lid, suggesting that this tomb was plundered long ago.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#29 Post by Rex »

Nimh

Nimh will search the room and sarcophagus for any secret doors/compartments etc.

Piper
Tracker
Tracker

#30 Post by Piper »

Keeping on eye on the doughty thief, Kohrek moves close enough to look into the coffin (weapon at the ready).

snake_hunter
Strider
Strider

#31 Post by snake_hunter »

Fane will assist Nimh with the search for secrets.

Fingolwyn
Tracker
Tracker

#32 Post by Fingolwyn »

Lhainor will stay by the door and keep an eye out behind us for marauders and such outside, especially the group we encountered last time.
Feed the Boy and he will become a Man. Feed the Man and he will become a God. Feed the God and you will become the food.

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#33 Post by drpete »

The group examines the sarcophagus and surrounding area carefully, looking for unusual features (Note: thieves are not more skilled at this than anyone else, unless I've read something wrong... a notable difference from what you might expect).

Though no one notices any signs of traps or secret doors, you do see a skeleton in the sarcophagus. It looks like it has been disturbed, probably when this tomb was looted. On the bed of the sarcophagus, beside the skeleton, you see a gold ring, covered in dust.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#34 Post by Spearmint »

Moony

Does the skeleton have any weapons? It seems that either the tomb raiders were amateurs or this gold token has some other ward attached to it? Who knows, I cannot pray over such items and discern their worth or aura so we take a chance to pick it. Anyone want to try it on for size?"With this ring I thee wed,"the priest jokes, then thinks about the 'til death do us part' bit."Maybe just pocket it for now."he advises.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#35 Post by Rex »

Nimh

"Perhaps a token from Crom. If no one else will handle it I will take it for now and keep it in my pouch." Nimh then says a blessing over the skeleton so it will lay at peace in Feline. "Purr meoh..."

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#36 Post by drpete »

Moony examines the skeleton for other items of interest, but finds none. Whatever other goods the skeleton once had appear to be gone, except for scraps of the rotted red burial shroud which once covered this skeleton, now almost crumbled to dust... His jokes about marriage don't seem to lighten the mood of the grave robbers much.

Nimh takes the ring and puts it in her pouch, then says a small prayer over the skeleton.

Piper
Tracker
Tracker

#37 Post by Piper »

Kohrek looks around for any other outstanding features, especially doors or hatches.

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#38 Post by drpete »

Nothing obvious, door-or-hatch-wise is visible. Nimh did look around for secret doors. If you want to look again/more, you can...

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#39 Post by Rex »

Nimh

"Maybe someone else should try looking for something hidden. If not we could head for the other barrow we were considering."

OOC 10?

Piper
Tracker
Tracker

#40 Post by Piper »

ooc: 10 is good.

Return to “Barrowmaze (Blueholme)”