Interlude 1: Helix

drpete
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Interlude 1: Helix

#21 Post by Rex »

Nimh

Nimh is at the tavern. If the surviving adventurers show up there she will introduce herself and try to get some information on the area, especially the barrows.

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#22 Post by thirdkingdom »

Betdas the Bold

Betdas arrives at the inn.
I'm generally in favor of slotting in replacement players ASAP. As a rule I prefer to do so with the explicit assumption that they're full party members.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#23 Post by Rex »

Nimh

Nimh slinks over to Betdas in her cat like grace "Hail young warrior, are you returning from the barrows by chance? I am am looking to talk to someone who has been."

Piper
Tracker
Tracker

#24 Post by Piper »

Kohrek notes the presence of capable and seasoned adventurers and wanders in their direction.

Mead?, he asks as he holds up the jug. These guys seem reasonably competent but just a bit down on their luck. A perfect opportunity for a fighter to gain some allies!
Red 5, Standing ... Hey! Is That A Banana?

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#25 Post by Spearmint »

Moony

Thanks Othar for his advice. "Hallowed ground takes many years of devotions and sacrifices. I think though my skills and pious devotions may only ward me and my colleagues temporarily. Do you have any library of scrolls I may transcript from? A simple ward or protection from these living corpses may suffice for a first scout into these Barrows? "

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#26 Post by drpete »

Moony

The priest nods and smiles at your request. "Of course, you may make use of our library, meager though it is."

Note: In this system, you need 1 week and 100 gp per spell level to create a scroll for a spell you know. I'm not totally clear on whether cleric scrolls exist, or if it's a mage-only thing, but we can cross that bridge when we get to it... he's not giving you anything worth 100 gp for free, but when you get to 2nd level, you can take a week to scribe such a thing for 100 gp.

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#27 Post by drpete »

The tavern is not as busy on this night as it was on the previous night, and the clientele is largely different. You see farmers and various other peasants socializing with each other. You also see the town's dwarven blacksmith and elven bowyer sharing a drink, a pair of merchants sharing a quiet conversation in a back corner.

There are also two distinct groups of men-at-arms or adventuring groups. At one table, there is a group of men-at-arms and warriors drinking with a wealthy-looking magic user. He seems to have two lieutenants, a human and an elf. At another table, there are several men-at-arms surrounding a nobleman and his bodyguards. The wizard's table seems relatively sedate, while the noble's table seems to be full of raucous laughter and drinking.

We'll assume that you guys join up with each other pretty seamlessly. If you want to interact with these npcs, let me know... otherwise, we'll just jump back into the action in a couple days

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#28 Post by thirdkingdom »

Betdas the Bold

Betdas surveys his surroundings sourly. "We lost two stout men in the Barrows and have naught to show for it. I am disinclined to engage in frivolity and revelry until my coinpurse overflows with gold and silver. Let us return to that accursed place anon and wrest what wealth we can from the clutches of the damned and dead!"

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#29 Post by Rex »

Nimh

"Well, honest at least. I am not looking for coin, but my lord has lead me here for some reason to do with the boarrows so if you would like another companion I am in."

snake_hunter
Strider
Strider

#30 Post by snake_hunter »

Fane will join Betdas at his table, eyeing the other inn patrons suspiciously.

I'll bet someone here tipped off those bandits...

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#31 Post by drpete »

Action moved to Here.

Return to “Barrowmaze (Blueholme)”