OOC Discussion

drpete
Piper
Tracker
Tracker

Re: OOC Discussion

#41 Post by Piper »

Okay, updated char-sheet posted. I’ll be adding more details tonight and tomorrow.
Red 5, Standing ... Hey! Is That A Banana?

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#42 Post by drpete »

Apologies, Fingolwyn, I seem to have had a draft version of the Journeymanne rules (from the kickstarter). The initiative description was changed between them to make the phased initiative appear in both.

To a large extent, the combat sequence house rule I was putting in was to put in phased initiative anyway, though the phases seem to be in a different order... hrmmm....

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#43 Post by Spearmint »

common travelling clothes, hooded cloak
leather armour and leather helm
longsword

silver dagger (worth 25gp)

short-bow
quiver of (x20) arrows
Backpack,
sleeping bag
large sack
lantern

4 flasks of oil
2 days rations
1 x wineskin & 1 x water skin
fire-lighting tinderbox
sledgehammer 11 iron spikes belt of spikes
Purse of 38gp

divide among yourselves as you see fit. Carling was not religious so just burn his body on the moors so he don't come back and haunt you.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#44 Post by Spearmint »

Moony

A short rotund but cheery faced, if slightly unshaven and alcohol smelling acolyte, drifts into town with the next caravan of would-be adventurers. He pats his overflowing waistline and decides to head for a tavern to enjoy the feast of delights on offer.

Will fill out next character sheet and post for approval later.

Perhaps we could have a thread for each of the Helix town places so folk in the town can explore while other teams are on the Moor?

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#45 Post by drpete »

Alright, cool. Another cleric :)

I think I won't set up separate threads for every spot in town. I could imagine setting up one for the town itself, though. With people making up characters so quickly, I was going to just drop them into the dungeon (the sounds attract anot her group of wandering adventurers...) but this makes less sense if the original group gets cut down too much, or if the new characters keep trickling in.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#46 Post by Spearmint »

Any other deities allowed or just those posted in the deities forum?

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#47 Post by drpete »

What kind of deity do you want? Broadly speaking, you can have other deities, but you must be lawful good or chaotic good. There are no neutral clerics (or evil pcs).

You could be a worshipper of a Greek or Roman god, if you want... like Athena or Thor or something. Are you wanting something super exotic?

leafcutter
Strider
Strider

#48 Post by leafcutter »

I just got an email saying the Blueholme Journeymanne rules PDF was updated. Not sure if it's just minor clean-up or if there's rules changes, but I'm about to go download it.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#49 Post by Rex »

I think it is minor typo type corrections. My hard copies are on the way (I was a backer).

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#50 Post by drpete »

leafcutter wrote:I just got an email saying the Blueholme Journeymanne rules PDF was updated. Not sure if it's just minor clean-up or if there's rules changes, but I'm about to go download it.
Cool, thanks. There was some word of rule changes/cleanup coming, so maybe this it that...

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#51 Post by thirdkingdom »

Spearmint wrote:common travelling clothes, hooded cloak
leather armour and leather helm
longsword -- Betdas will take to replace his destroyed spear

silver dagger (worth 25gp)

short-bow
quiver of (x20) arrows

Backpack,
sleeping bag
large sack
lantern

4 flasks of oil
2 days rations
1 x wineskin & 1 x water skin
fire-lighting tinderbox
sledgehammer 11 iron spikes belt of spikes
Purse of 38gp

divide among yourselves as you see fit. Carling was not religious so just burn his body on the moors so he don't come back and haunt you.
I've bolded the items that I consider to be worthwhile to take. I'm not too keen to spend a bunch of time agonizing over encumbrance, here; Betdas and Theglid are the two most encumbered characters. I would assume we could divide the bolded amongst Fane and Lhainor and not have those two move any slower than Betdas/Theglid.

drpete, could you start a "Loot and Treasures" thread?

Piper
Tracker
Tracker

#53 Post by Piper »

Still here! I’m just waiting for the action to catch up to me as I wait in town! :D

snake_hunter
Strider
Strider

#54 Post by snake_hunter »

I'm still here. This is my first play-by-post game and I'm really digging it! Fane would be happy to carry the flasks of oil :D

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#55 Post by drpete »

Apologies... Christmas stuff has kind of consumed me for the last few days. I'll get you updated soon, to town, where you can interact, etc. I'm thinking things will be slow over the holiday period, then we get back to the Barrows after New Years?

Piper
Tracker
Tracker

#56 Post by Piper »

No worries! My character is just marking time until the party catches up to. Hanging out in the bar is just killing time, so to speak.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#57 Post by Rex »

Been busy with the holidays. No worries.

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#58 Post by drpete »

I'm generally liking the strictness of the encumbrance system, but I'm going to tweak it slightly...

I'm going to make daggers, shortswords and handaxes less encumbering. Daggers will be 1/3 daggers, or you can have 1 in a location (belt) without incurring encumbrance. Shortswords and axes will be 1 item. Halflings (going forward) would be able to make 1 attack/round with a shortsword, handaxe or dagger, and 1/2 rounds with bigger weapons. The 2 encumbrance item weapons can be used 1 handed or 2 handed.

There's a lot of interest in slings. I think I'm going to need to tweak their effectiveness somewhat... right now (based on od&d) they are exactly as powerful as a horse bow, but significantly less encumbering. I think they need to be less powerful to make sense. I'll tweak their weapon vs armor numbers when i get a chance.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#59 Post by Spearmint »

but when you get to 2nd level, you can take a week to scribe such a thing for 100 gp.
This could be a moot point in the game. Since a scroll is a single use item, the time and gp needed to learn and cast a spell once (with no guarantee of success), vs spending 100gp on several hired mercenary thugs who are ready and able to clout stuff every round .... the game mechanics seem to favour just the hack and slash approach to investigating the barrows. Any thoughts?

Piper
Tracker
Tracker

#60 Post by Piper »

Never mind! LOL! :D
Last edited by Piper on Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Barrowmaze (Blueholme)”