Rider of Rohan

Re: The Mission

#21 Post by wolfpack »

The lance + hart make it to the lieutenants tent

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#22 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Ivan finishes his cigar in the Lieutenants tent then sits there wondering what next... then looks around to see if there are any weights around to lift while waiting for the Lieutenant to arrive. If no true weights are around the big Russian will find something heavy enough to use as an impromptu dumbbell and start lifting, doing more and more reps after switching back and forth from left to right arm. "If we wait much longer I might just arm wrestle each of you in turn. Or find my vodka and start a little home drinking game."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

BuckshotChuck
Guide
Guide

#23 Post by BuckshotChuck »

David is quiet as he contemplates what this mission might mean to the Crusaders as a whole. Mentally, he reminds himself to grab some of his tools as a 'tool bag' to take with them. Tied up in his own thoughts, he remains relatively unaware of what the others are doing unless he is specifically interrupted.
____________________________________________________________________________________________

GreyWolfVT

#24 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Ivan "Hopefully our young Lieutenant will be along soon to fill us in further on details. Meanwhile back to my workout." the big Sergeant stops lifting his impromptu weights and drops to the ground doing push ups one handed alternating hands.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#25 Post by wolfpack »

Lt Harlow arrives back at his tent a short time later.

We roll out tomorrow at 7 AM. We will be given some items to assist us such as communication devices as well as credit stick, we need to dress in civvies and make sure we aren’t obviously military so no ranks or call signs. We should come up with specifics for a cover story and a plan for once we are in the city.

We can say we are coming from Hendersonville looking for work but we need to decide on some specifics such as what kind of work, then what is our plan once we are in town. Where would we most likely find people who would be openly talking about the mech units on planet.

GreyWolfVT

#26 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Ivan stops his workout "So you all just call me Crazy Ivan then. Drop the Sergeant bit. Other than that how likely is it that a big Russian accented man like me would likely be on this planet. I imagine I will stick out like sore thumb. As for specifics I've never been undercover before. Perhaps mister Hart has some ideas?"

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#27 Post by wolfpack »

hart laughs

There's billions of people on the Rashalauge district planets and they travel all over the inner sphere, you will stand out more for being a giant that where your from.

Seems to me if you want to blend in your cover has to be something average. This city mainly relies on the major corporations mining business. Maybe we are looking for work in shipping or warehousing, something that might put is near where the marik militia are. maybe find out the bars the workers or the mech jocks hangout at and use our eyes and ears.

GreyWolfVT

#28 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Ivan "So you're saying we need to hit up a bar. Good lets go I'm a bit thirsty anyways." the big man replies to Hart then turns to the LT "So can we bring any weapons at all or completely unarmed? I'd at least like to have something should we run into any trouble. But I might just have to manage in unarmed hand to hand combat if it comes to it." he smiles. "How else do you think I get the nickname Crazy Ivan? I've seen my share of bar fights among other things."

Caadium
Scout
Scout

#29 Post by Caadium »

Waving the thick smoke out of his tent, Harlow speaks up, "I've been thinking about it, and this is also very outside my normal comfort zone. I will be leaning on advice from all of you throughout this mission. That being said, here is the cover I was thinking, 'I'm Gene, the kid of your old boss from a closed factory. Not very good at anything but bossing folks around. However, being the bosses kid means I have a truck, so you had to bring me along with you.' I figure a cover in that vein can compensate for my lack of these real world skills, and also provide a cover if someone hears the 'useless guy' bark out an order. Playing the part of the spoiled kid rankles me a bit, but I can't think of a better option."

Is there some sort of a skill check, like Bureaucracy or something else, that I or one of us can make to know/understand local customs and laws regarding carrying weapons? Trying to see what we might know before answering Ivan.

BuckshotChuck
Guide
Guide

#30 Post by BuckshotChuck »

"Well, even though I mainly work on mechs, I can probably fake my way repairing about anything. But, I don't really know squat about mining."
____________________________________________________________________________________________

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#31 Post by wolfpack »

Caadium wrote:Waving the thick smoke out of his tent, Harlow speaks up, "I've been thinking about it, and this is also very outside my normal comfort zone. I will be leaning on advice from all of you throughout this mission. That being said, here is the cover I was thinking, 'I'm Gene, the kid of your old boss from a closed factory. Not very good at anything but bossing folks around. However, being the bosses kid means I have a truck, so you had to bring me along with you.' I figure a cover in that vein can compensate for my lack of these real world skills, and also provide a cover if someone hears the 'useless guy' bark out an order. Playing the part of the spoiled kid rankles me a bit, but I can't think of a better option."

Is there some sort of a skill check, like Bureaucracy or something else, that I or one of us can make to know/understand local customs and laws regarding carrying weapons? Trying to see what we might know before answering Ivan.
Bureaucracy will work, anyone with a bureaucracy skill can roll

Caadium
Scout
Scout

#32 Post by Caadium »

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#33 Post by wolfpack »

Zeke's bureaucracy roll
[2d6] = 11

Zeke chimes in

Well in general in the free worlds league open carry of guns is against the law except for law enforcement and military. We would have to make sure we had them concealed.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#34 Post by wolfpack »

BuckshotChuck wrote:"Well, even though I mainly work on mechs, I can probably fake my way repairing about anything. But, I don't really know squat about mining."
well don't have to be miners. truck drivers, mechanic, hell just loading doc worker. anything that might get us close to the warehouse depots.

Diamond_Spear
Tracker
Tracker

#35 Post by Diamond_Spear »

Zeke speaks up, his tone of voice subtly different, slightly formal and yet folksy at the same time.

"I, of course, am a broker of mining equipment, raw and refined ore and, shall we say...finished products. Unfortunately my partner absconded with both our ship and the bulk of our money so I find myself on hard times. Never one to shrink from a challenge however, I am in town looking for a good deal or a good contact. Of course, I have also worked with various military units in the past so if there is a need for a broker of military equipment I would be interested in such a job."

Zeke smiles as he finishes.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#36 Post by wolfpack »

unless there's anything else mates I am going to go get prepared and see you in the morning. Hart says

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#37 Post by wolfpack »

The next morning you all meet early at the motor pool and find the Sergeant Major waiting.

Lieutenant I have some things for you. I have a micro sat phone for each of you, they are all programmed with the others numbers as well as mine and the majors.

Here is a long range micro communicator and a pair of glasses with a micro recorder. The glasses are synched with the communicator and can record and send 2 minutes of video.

Here are credit sticks for each of you 4 are loaded with 400 c-bills the last is loaded with 1200 for whoever is getting the hydraulic laser torque wrench the techs need.

try to get as much information as you can, concentrate on how big the enemy forces are, is it a battalion or larger, and there distribution between the different storage facilities.

good luck lieutenant and stay safe, if things start to go bad get out of there.

After the Sgt Major leaves Hart hands you each a card.

In the trucks with the heat sinks I found a ID to use as a sample, so I made us all some.

he hands you each an sackville planetary ID card.

David I made you a diploma from the Maxwell Mechanical Institute if you are trying to get a mechanic job. Zeke I made you a planetary license for shipping and receiving.

What is the plan, are we all going to go our separate ways when we get to town, or stay together, or split up in groups?

GreyWolfVT

#38 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Ivan "I can pass for about any manual labor type worker, construction, demolition, miner, truck driver, maybe mechanic too though my skill would be harder to pass off. I could work in a foundry. I was less thinking guns and more thinking knives or brass knuckles something like that weapon wise."

this was meant to happen before wolfpack posted... :roll:

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#39 Post by wolfpack »

whatever weapon you want to take keep it concealed. Hart lifts his shirt to show the grip of his needler pistol tucked inside his waistband and lifts up his pant leg to show a knife in the top of his work boot.

GreyWolfVT

#40 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Ivan "Very well." the SGT replies to Hart.

Return to “[Mechwarrior 2] 3028 campaign”