The Mission

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: The Mission

#41 Post by wolfpack »

If you don't mind lieutenant we are in the middle of no where and there won;t be roads for a while, I would like to drive.

Caadium
Scout
Scout

#42 Post by Caadium »

wolfpack wrote:If you don't mind lieutenant we are in the middle of no where and there won;t be roads for a while, I would like to drive.
"Go right ahead and drive.

Which of you thinks you'll have the best chance of finding that wrench?

Zeke and Hart seem to be in their element the most here. You tell us if you think we're better off together or splitting. If we do split, I don't want more than 2 groups. That way, nobody is unprotected and the rest of us will know if there is anything we need.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#43 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Ivan "Better if we stuck together but ok two groups works for me."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Diamond_Spear
Tracker
Tracker

#44 Post by Diamond_Spear »

”Two smaller groups seems like the best bet. Ivan, you want to stick with me? Maybe one more of you and the rest with Hart?”

GreyWolfVT

#45 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Ivan "Or we could do Hart, Zeke and myself in one group." the SGT suggests.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Caadium
Scout
Scout

#46 Post by Caadium »

"Hart and Zeke both have their ear to the ground the most. If we are going to split up, each group should have one of them. Sarge, you and I should also split so that we can make sure they stay safe.

Since we need to get the wrench, 1 group should take the repair angle. David is in that group. Sarge, you take this group as well. You're better off protecting 2 people, and as stated, can fit in with a repair or laborer crew cover.

The other group should look at taking a different approach. Hart, or Zeke, do either of you think that you can identify the local criminal scene? If one of you can, you and I will see what we can find that way."

GreyWolfVT

#47 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Ivan "Very well then how about David, Zeke and myself then and you and Hart in the other group?"

Caadium
Scout
Scout

#48 Post by Caadium »

"Zeke, which group best fits your skills?"

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#49 Post by wolfpack »

I plan on looking at getting a job in driving trucks with the corporation, I fygure after you chased those guys off driving the heat sinks there will be some openings . From there I will look at making some contacts with people who um.... take things from trucks....

GreyWolfVT

#50 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Ivan chuckles "Take things from trucks? You mean thieves? Or do you mean men who unload trucks?"

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#51 Post by wolfpack »

well technically thieves still have to unload

GreyWolfVT

#52 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Ivan "True but I mean day laborers that load trucks with items to be shipped, trucked, transported so forth. Rather than theft. Perhaps a forklift operator is that what you meant?"

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#53 Post by wolfpack »

No Ivan, I meant I will try to get a job driving for the Gambranus corporation and then later make some contacts with less desirable elements who specialize in the blackmarket.

However maybe you could get a job working on the warehouse loading dock.

BuckshotChuck
Guide
Guide

#54 Post by BuckshotChuck »

If I can get in with a repair crew, finding the wrench should be easier, but I'm good in either group
____________________________________________________________________________________________

GreyWolfVT

#55 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Ivan shrugs "Maybe, and I was trying to give you benefit of the doubt. I kinda figured you meant the shadier side of work. Smuggling, so forth. pausing briefly to think about something "Perhaps if we cannot get work as legitimate mechanics or repair work, we could try working for chop shops. Might be that we find what we seek in a less legitimate business than we are thinking."

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#56 Post by wolfpack »

It's a 100 mile drive over mostly open terrain, a 1 1/2 hour uneventful drive finds you arriving in fredrickstown a medium sized city of around 125,000 people.

I will wait for diamond_spear to post and you guys to figure out who is doing what, who is sticking together, who is going it alone etc.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#57 Post by wolfpack »

I was born and grew up on Circinus 1 jump from here. sackville has actually been the target of bandits and raiders a bunch over the centuries. This isn' the first time I have been on planet, just not this specific city.

Caadium
Scout
Scout

#58 Post by Caadium »

"Ok, Hart is with me. He and I will work thru the truckers to his less forthright connections.

Sarge, you take charge of the rest of the lance. Your main objective is to find the wrench and gather intel. Try to use legitimate blue-collar type jobs or bars.

Hide the truck, this is our emergency exit.

Contact needs to happen at least once a day while we are here. If you complete an objective, check in. If not, check in at 23:00 local.

Communication protocol is as follows. Sarge, or his designee, calls me. Lets it ring twice, then hangs up and waits for a return call. If you don't get the call back in 10 minutes, call Hart. If neither of us gets back to you, wait two hours, then try the sequence again. If there is still no response, check in with HQ and prepare to get to the truck and bug out.

If we complete key objectives, one of us will call Ivan using the same two ring-call back technique. If I don't hear from you at 23:00, I will try at 24:00. If there is no connection then, Hart and I will bug out.

While we are here, look for alternative methods of getting out of here, and keep an eye out for rendezvous point should we need to stay longer. If an opportunity to assist the unit presents itself, just be smart, and do not draw attention to our presence here.

With luck, we will all be leaving here together, shortly. The most important thing is that we get what we find back to the unit. If one of us gets into trouble, getting info to the unit comes before any risky rescue type operations.

Any questions?"

GreyWolfVT

#59 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Ivan "Sounds like a plan sir. No questions from me for once."

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#60 Post by wolfpack »

who is taking the micro communicator with the video glasses

Return to “[Mechwarrior 2] 3028 campaign”