#1 Post by wolfpack »

If you guys want to use this as tactics thread go ahead

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Battle Talk

#2 Post by wolfpack »

FYI
White is reduced to 5/8 movement this round. It takes 2 movement points and a successful piloting roll (5) to stand. when successful yu can be facing any direction in the hex you want. also you can't jump when standing only walk or run

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#3 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I'm opting out of moving much this round since E1 is in range for both F2 & P2
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

BuckshotChuck
Guide
Guide

#4 Post by BuckshotChuck »

In my battletech experience, it is always best to move those furthest away from the enemy first. That gives those closer in the most options for avoiding ending up with a mech standing right on their back. Just my 2 cents.
A good example is what the enemy has been doing here, saving their last move for their Hawk that is closest to the battle.
____________________________________________________________________________________________

BuckshotChuck
Guide
Guide

#5 Post by BuckshotChuck »

This next round will be important, as I expect E1 will continue his retreat, pulling us toward his buddies. If we hesitate and hold back, there is no way we will ever push them off those hills where they will continue to plink us to death with their longer range mechs.

We should probably designate 2 mechs to engage the Phoenix hawk if he decides to move behind us as we approach the others, and the rest should move forward, keeping Lt. Orloff's words in mind (thanks to wolfpack):
We have to keep moving an maximum speed, only way to get those gunners off the high ground if for someone to jump up there with them. those autocannons wont; fire at someone right on them, just don't get in their front so they can kick you.
Lt Orloff chimes in.
To that end, I am thinking of jumping the spider into the woods where E4 is, to start making those on the hill nervous and in preparation from jumping right into their midst on the hill the following turn. If possible, I'd like to wait to do that until after E4 designates his move. When I, or whoever, does jump up on the hills with them, that mech will definitely need to be moving last to avoid getting overwhelmed until everyone else can swarm.
____________________________________________________________________________________________

Diamond_Spear
Tracker
Tracker

#6 Post by Diamond_Spear »

I'm rusty as crap so any suggestions for how my Wasp should move are welcome. Still having a blast though. Even though I thought poor Zeke was a gonner when he stood still next to that Phoenix Hawk.

GreyWolfVT

#7 Post by GreyWolfVT »

still in range to help focus on E1 or do you want the Sergeants to move?
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Recklessfireball
Ranger
Ranger

#8 Post by Recklessfireball »

Move to 0411 facing 0512. Then twist your torso to fire at P1. You'll be at close range, have some cover from the woods, and get a +3 move modifier.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by wolfpack »

I think you guys failed to take advantage of my slip up. there should have been a mech in every hex around that hawk to kick his legs in, he can only kick back at 1 of you.

Recklessfireball
Ranger
Ranger

#10 Post by Recklessfireball »

Well, Orloff certainly gave him a face full of laser-missile death. :mrgreen:

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by wolfpack »

took his left arm off. he just better hope the kick misses or hits his uninjured leg

BuckshotChuck
Guide
Guide

#12 Post by BuckshotChuck »

Do the woods between e3 and f3 affect firing?

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by wolfpack »

no f3 is on level 1 e3 is on level 2 and the woods are on the ground level 0

GreyWolfVT

#14 Post by GreyWolfVT »

sorry was unexpectedly on the road for work most of the day. Wasn't able to do any real posting today.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#15 Post by wolfpack »

no problem. post your attacks when you can

GreyWolfVT

#16 Post by GreyWolfVT »

since E4 moved going to fire upon E3 if that is indeed the right one on the hill there within range.

Return to “[Mechwarrior 2] 3028 campaign”