return to Rally Point

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: return to Rally Point

#301 Post by GreyWolfVT »

“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Caadium
Scout
Scout

#302 Post by Caadium »

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#303 Post by wolfpack »

[2d6] = 6

Both Mechs are trying to move off the board and escape. Let me know if you want me to add boards on each side

BuckshotChuck
Guide
Guide

#304 Post by BuckshotChuck »

Opening his mission wide comms, Spectre asks, "Looks like they're running for it sir. You want us to grab up what salvage we can from this battle and the one before and get it back per orders?"
____________________________________________________________________________________________

Caadium
Scout
Scout

#305 Post by Caadium »

As much as he would love to make the enemy eat their words, Gene lets his training take over.

"Let them go. We have an objective that we can accomplish now. Let's make sure that Blackjack is a priority grab."

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#306 Post by wolfpack »

2 stingers a wasp and the blackjack are all in the area. 1 of the stingers and the blackjack can be salvaged the other two have their center torso's blown out but can still be scrapped.

in addition two of the trucks with the shipping containers of heat sinks are still here. With the fusiliers you have enough mechs to bring back all the salvage.

BuckshotChuck
Guide
Guide

#307 Post by BuckshotChuck »

I don't recall, did we core that Phoenix Hawk as well? Some Spare parts for the Lieutnant's ride would be nice
____________________________________________________________________________________________

Diamond_Spear
Tracker
Tracker

#308 Post by Diamond_Spear »

White, grab one of those trucks, will ya? We'll let the big boys grab the mechs." Suiting action to words Zeke will grab a truck.

GreyWolfVT

#309 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Ivan "I'd love to give chase but we should do what we came to do." the Russian agrees.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#310 Post by wolfpack »

BuckshotChuck wrote:I don't recall, did we core that Phoenix Hawk as well? Some Spare parts for the Lieutnant's ride would be nice

ammo hit, it went up in a ball of fire

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#311 Post by wolfpack »

The two lances together have no issues returning the mech salvage and trucks with the heat sinks to the units rally point.

Good working with you Crusaders,maybe we'll do it again sometime. LT Orloff says over the comm.

You arrive back at the rally point just as the sun is starting to go down. As you approach you are hailed by mechs on overwatch on top of some higher elevation.

The orange sunset backlights the rows of mechs still being worked on by the techs as you walk into the encampment. You dismount your mechs and are met by a number of mechwarriors from the two units including your sergeant major.

Hello sir, looks like you ran into some trouble, you'll have to inform the major when you see him. He wants your lance to get settled and all of you meet him in the command tent in an hour.

GreyWolfVT

#312 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Ivan lights up another cigar "Great work, was a pleasure working with you Sergeant Brownlee. I owe you a drink or two. We should work together again some time." the big Russian compliments Brownlee and slaps him on the back "You make a good comrade." Ivan salutes Brownlee and his lance and heads off to meet with his fellow lance mates. "Lieutenant what are our orders now sir? They give us another 'no resistance' mission again?" he chuckles with the cigar lit between his teeth.

Caadium
Scout
Scout

#313 Post by Caadium »

As Orloff is headed off, Gene stops him briefly, "I wasn't sure what to expect being paired with a unit we've never trained with. Please tell your men, that I commend all of you on being able to coordinate so seamlessly. It was an honor, a privilege, and something I'd gladly do again, Sir."

With the adrenaline of combat wearing off, the young Lt. can better appreciate the excitement and energy of his sergeant. "Tell the men to get their mechs secured, and get themselves cleaned up. Have everyone at my tent in 50 minutes.
We're do at the command tent in an hour, but I'd like a moment with them first."

As Gene begins securing his mech, as his father must have done after action, he pauses to think of the past. When he resumes, he begins formulating a message for his parents. He knows he'll write it, and likely never send it. But the writing alone is worthwhile; maybe one day they'll understand why he felt he had to make this choice.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#314 Post by wolfpack »

I am going to leave this thread going until you guys finish your meeting. I will start anew thread whn you go to meet the major.

GreyWolfVT

#315 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Ivan smiles with the cigar still in his mouth "Aye sir. I'll inform the men." the Sergeant heads over to the two privates from his lance "Alright boys, the Lieutenant says secure the mechs and go get cleaned up and meet at his tent in 50 minutes. We got to go to the command tent but he wants a word with us first." with that the Sergeant heads off to secure his own mech then goes off to get "cleaned up".

BuckshotChuck
Guide
Guide

#316 Post by BuckshotChuck »

After helping direct both Harlow's Hunters and the Fussilier's Lance where to leave their mechs, David turns to acknowledge the Sgt, "Sure thing Sarge. Let me make sure the tech's here know what their working with real quick and I'll catch up before the briefing." Spectre then turns and sets a quick watch alarm for 40 minutes and spends that time reviewing the damage taken by the various mechs, pointing out priorities for the techs.
Triage for mission damage: Tech-Battlemech (4+): [2d6] = 7
Last edited by BuckshotChuck on Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#317 Post by wolfpack »

About 30 minutes after your lance shuts down LT Badimose fire lance comes back to camp bringing the 3 mechs you had left behind at the Depot where you grabbed the heat sinks.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#318 Post by wolfpack »

After 50 minutes the lance meet In LT Harlows tent

BuckshotChuck
Guide
Guide

#319 Post by BuckshotChuck »

Spectre shows up at the Lieutnan't tent right on time. "Repairs are underway.", he lets the others know before Dagger can get started.

Caadium
Scout
Scout

#320 Post by Caadium »

"Gentlemen, I wanted a couple minutes of your time before we meet the CO.

First off, good work today!

Before long, we'll use today's experience in our training sessions, so there's no need to break down the after action yet. These couple minutes are for you to smile, share, and revel in today's highs and lows.

Second, we don't know how the other units fared. Those are our brothers. It will not due for us to be excited and gloating when some of our brothers may have failed their objectives, or been hurt, or even killed in action.

Use these few minutes, enjoy your success, then let it go.

I'm proud of you boys!

With that, he pours everyone a shot of Scotch. It may not be fancy, but at least it's from Skye.

Return to “[Mechwarrior 2] 3028 campaign”