return to Rally Point

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: return to Rally Point

#321 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Ivan showed up at the LT's tent after about 30 minutes. Sits in the tent smoking yet another cigar, blowing smoke circles in the air. "Nice of you to show up private." the Russian smiles. After listening to the Lieutenant the Russian takes out his bottle of Vodka and pours a shot for each of the lance members. "Drink up boys to our fallen comrades and to our success."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

BuckshotChuck
Guide
Guide

#322 Post by BuckshotChuck »

Sitting back with the shot of Scotch, David takes his first ever drink of the strong liquid. Having stayed away from strong liquor prior, the vapors somewhat take his breath away. He reflects back fondly on seeing his father drink the stuff while in his study. He can't help but think, You know, I keep thinking of myself as my father's son, but if this past couple days has shown me anything, it's that I can call myself my own man. Downing the remainder of the scotch, he is surprised as the Russian turns and offers him a drink of Vodka. Confident after the Scotch, he takes a short sniff of the Vodka, then downs it in a single gulp. After finishing the short coughing fit he breathlessly states aloud, "Well, guess I'm not as tough as I thought I was.", as his face flushes red.
____________________________________________________________________________________________

GreyWolfVT

#323 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Ivan chuckles at David "You drink that Scotch, it's tamed you. Takes a real drink to put hair on a man's chest you know." the big Sergeant slaps David on the back and laughs from his belly. "In time my friend. Stick with us and we'll make you stronger."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Diamond_Spear
Tracker
Tracker

#324 Post by Diamond_Spear »

Zeke accepts both drinks but seems pensive. After downing the vodka he stands up, parade ground straight, and address the room.

"I'd like to apologize for my poor performance today," he says. "A formal review isn't necessary to show that my poor marksmanship and tactical decisions cost us a great deal of our damages, not least to my own mech. I have no excuses for my performance on the field today. I can only assure you that I will perform better in our next action. My only request is that you be patient with me and help me become a MechWarrior worry to serve with you."

After finishing speaking Zeke sits down again, the picture of miserable determination.

GreyWolfVT

#325 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Ivan "Worry not Zeke, I'm going to take you under my wing as the saying goes. Stick with me like Brownlee did, we can accomplish much and learn more." the Sergeant claps Zeke on the shoulder "Stick with me private, and worry not,
simulations only teach so much real battle experience is earned. But for tonight we see what command has in store for us. Just reflect upon the actions today and use them to make you stronger. A good man learns from his own mistakes. That goes for all of us you included sir."
the Russian indicates David and the Lieutenant as well and even sticks a thumb in his own chest to indicate himself.

Caadium
Scout
Scout

#326 Post by Caadium »

The young Lt. claps both Zeke and Ivan on the back.

"Well said Sgt. All of us need to continue learning from our successes and failures.

Zeke, your unit took some damage, but that's nothing that isn't fixed with a little time and money. My biggest concern are you three. As scary as that was to watch, it could have been much worse. Not only are you unharmed, but your gamble drew that blackjack out for us all to hit. There are times one of us may have to draw fire like that in the future.

Celebrate our success and survival and victory, that's what these few minutes are for.

You did great kid."

BuckshotChuck
Guide
Guide

#327 Post by BuckshotChuck »

David nods his head in agreement with the Sergeant. "Not to let it go to my head, but I think the Crusaders made good choices when they brought all of us together for their Pursuit Lance. I think we work well together, as shown with the success we've had the past couple of days. I just hope they figure out how we're going to get out of here.", David finishes as he lapse into contemplation of their situation.
____________________________________________________________________________________________

Return to “[Mechwarrior 2] 3028 campaign”