It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:09 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 327 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 17  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:42 am 
Offline
Tracker
Tracker

Joined: Mon May 28, 2012 10:56 am
Posts: 136
”White move to 1511 and engage the Phoenix Hawk. I’ll move to screen you as best I can. I’ll stay closer to him and hope he ignores you. Hang in there and we’ll get out of this yet.”

As his ally, no at this point White was his lancemate no matter what the higher ups might think, moved to the indicated coordinates Zeke headed to 0110. He knew he was taking another huge risk by moving so slowly but, hell, he’d survived going toe-to-toe with the Hawk so fortune was smiling on him today and White wouldn’t survive any more pounding. Besides the way he’d been shooting, and missing, making his mech a more stable firing platform could only help.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:58 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:04 pm
Posts: 4100
E3 stands still

Attachment:
terraincomp1.png
terraincomp1.png [ 1.51 MiB | Viewed 108 times ]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:18 pm 
Offline
Guide
Guide

Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:29 pm
Posts: 206
Seeing the larger mechs up on the hills in the distance, David decides to give them something to think about. Igniting his jump jets, we wobbles his way through the air into the woods just behind the enemy Hermes 2S, thinking to himself, "Man, I've got to get that jump jet replaced."

Seeing his lancemate jumping toward the enemy emplacement, and seeing the Phoenix Hawk staring down at him, Armbuster elects to both clear out and help his lance mate. Stomping down both feet, he lifts into the air and guides his Stinger over the lake into the woods at the far side. Landing with a flex to the Spider's knees, he lines up to provide supporting fire in case the enemy circles around to the Spider's rear.

P3 Jumps behind E4 into Hex 1306, facing the hill at 1305
F3 Jumps to 1007, facing 1107

_________________
____________________________________________________________________________________________


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:39 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 17297
Location: Central Vermont
F2 moves (runs) to 0411 facing 0512. Then twist your torso to fire at E1.
P2 moves (runs) to 0311 facing 0411 and twists to fire at E1.

_________________
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred

Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Cormac MacCulain Human Fighter - Adventures on the Borderlands of Lamora
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Hot Streak - Villian - Rebirth of Power
Ivan Volkov Human - Mechwarrior2 3028 campaign
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:00 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:04 pm
Posts: 4100
E4 turns to face P3

Fire phase

Attachment:
terraincomp1.png
terraincomp1.png [ 1.51 MiB | Viewed 71 times ]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:24 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:04 pm
Posts: 4100
E1 fire LL, ML, and 2 MG at F1
E2 fires 2 AC2 at F1
E3 fires ac5 at F1
E4 fires AC5, flamer, ML at P3

E1 (4 +2 for woods=6)
LL:[2d6] = 8
ML:[2d6] = 5
MG:[2d6] = 10
MG:[2d6] = 9

LL location:[2d6] = 3(ra)
crit:[2d6] = 7
MG location:[2d6] = 8(lt)
MG location:[2d6] = 7(ct)

E2:(5 +2 for range +2 for woods=9)
ac2:[2d6] = 9
ac2:[2d6] = 7

ac2 location:[2d6] = 3(ra)

e3 (5 +2 for range +2 for woods=9)
ac5:[2d6] = 6

e4 (5 +3 for move + 1 for walk +1 for woods=10 +3 for min ac5=12)
ac5:[2d6] = 7
ml:[2d6] = 11
flamer:[2d6] = 3

ml location:[2d6] = 9(ll)


The phoenix hawk melts away the armor on orloff commandos right arm exposing the wires and endo steel inside when suddenly the blackjacks autocannon strikes it blowing it off.

The hermes turns to face Spectre and hits the speedy spiders left leg with it's medium laser.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:32 pm 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger

Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:46 pm
Posts: 507
Dagger twists his 'Mechs torso to the left and fires its Harmon large laser at the enemy Phoenix Hawk (E1)...
Large Laser: Hit=[2d6] = 7 | Location=[2d6] = 11 | CritChance=[2d6] = 5

Lt. Orloff pours fire onto the same target with every weapon in his Commando's arsenal...
Orloff Medium laser hit [2d6] = 7, Location [2d6] = 11, Critical [2d6] = 7
Orloff SRM 6 Hit [2d6] = 9, Cluster hits, [2d6] = 11, Location [2d6] = 7, Critical [2d6] = 7
Orloff SRM 4 Hit [2d6] = 7, Cluster hits [2d6] = 11, Location [2d6] = 8, Critical [2d6] = 11


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:42 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:04 pm
Posts: 4100
orloff SRM hits
srm 6 missile location
2 [2d6] = 9 (ll)
3[2d6] = 11(la)
4[2d6] = 7 ct)
5[2d6] = 9(ll)
6[2d6] = 7(ct)


la pos crit:[2d6] = 11
(shoulder and MG)

srm4 missile location
2[2d6] = 7 (ct)
3[2d6] = 11(la)
4[2d6] = 5(rl)


missiles slam into the phoenix hawk from all sides tripping the remaining armor form the center torso and blowing off it's left arm


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:45 pm 
Offline
Guide
Guide

Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:29 pm
Posts: 206
David, worrying a bit with the Hermes turning toward him, holds his panic in check and fires a single medium laser, in an attempt to moderate the heat rising into his cockpit. The Spider's laser fires off target as his leg is partially melted by the Hermes' laser. Armbuster's Stinger fires it's medium laser at the Hermes, also to no effect.
P3 fire at E4: gunnery 5 + jump 3 +hvy woods 2 = TN: 10
Medium Laser: Hit=[2d6] = 3 | Location=[2d6] = 7 | CritChance=[2d6] = 9
F3 fire at E4: gunnery 5 + jump 3 +hvy woods 2 = TN: 10
F3 ML: Hit=[2d6] = 7 | Location=[2d6] = 5 | CritChance=[2d6] = 6

_________________
____________________________________________________________________________________________


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:52 pm 
Offline
Tracker
Tracker

Joined: Mon May 28, 2012 10:56 am
Posts: 136
White fires both medium lasers at the Phoenix Hawk.
Laser 1 To hit: [2d6] = 9, Location [2d6] = 11, Critical [2d6] = 7
Laser 2 To hit: [2d6] = 8, Location [2d6] = 8, Critical [2d6] = 8


At the same time Zeke fires laser and missiles both at the same target.
Laser To hit: [2d6] = 6, Location [2d6] = 3, Critical [2d6] = 6
Missiles To hit: [2d6] = 7, Location [2d6] = 11, Critical [2d6] = 8, Number of Missile Hits [2d6] = 11


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:55 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:04 pm
Posts: 4100
1 of whites lasers melts more armor on the left leg of the wounded mech.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:02 pm 
Offline
Guide
Guide

Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:29 pm
Posts: 206
David's Spider reels back both arms, but only his right is able to connect, causing minor damage to the armor on the Hermes' left torso.

went ahead and rolled melee so things can move along after the others shoot.

_________________
____________________________________________________________________________________________


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:47 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 17297
Location: Central Vermont
F2: fires at E1
Medium Laser: Hit [2d6] = 9 | Location [2d6] = 11 | CritChance [2d6] = 5
Machine Gun: Hit [2d6] = 5 | Location [2d6] = 7 | CritChance [2d6] = 6
Machine Gun: Hit [2d6] = 3 | Location [2d6] = 7 | CritChance [2d6] = 9


P2: fires at E1
Medium Laser: Hit [2d6] = 7 | Location [2d6] = 11 | CritChance [2d6] = 5
SRM: Hit [2d6] = 9 | Location [2d6] = 7 | CritChance [2d6] = 9

_________________
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred

Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Cormac MacCulain Human Fighter - Adventures on the Borderlands of Lamora
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Hot Streak - Villian - Rebirth of Power
Ivan Volkov Human - Mechwarrior2 3028 campaign
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:01 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:04 pm
Posts: 4100
# of srm hits:[2d6] = 11(2)
2nd missile location:[2d6] = 5

CT critical:[1d6] = 6 2nd section
[1d6] = 5 (ammo)

Ejection:[2d6] = 7


Sgt brownlee strikes the left torso where the arm would been then Ivan runs into the fray and strikes the phoenix hawk it it's stripped center torso.

the giant machine rattles for a split second the comes to a complete stop.

The top of the mechs head flies off as the pilot ejection seat flies out and the mech explodes into a giant ball of flame as the SRM rocket hits the machine gun ammo storage bin.

Image

Physical attack phase

E4 kicks at P3 (5 +4 for move +1 for walk=10)
[2d6] = 5

piloting roll
[2d6] = 5 (passed)

heat phase
+2 for F1

Init
[2d6] = 7


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:02 pm 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger

Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:46 pm
Posts: 507
Orloff tries to kneecap the Phoenix Hawk with his Commando...
Orloff Kick attack: Hit=[2d6] = 9 | Location=[1d6] = 1 | CritChance=[2d6] = 12
EDIT: Oop. Heh. Nevermind, I guess. :)

Initiative [2d6] = 4


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:05 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:04 pm
Posts: 4100
you move 3
i move 1
you move 3
i move 1
you move 2
I move 1


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:41 pm 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger

Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:46 pm
Posts: 507
Dagger opens the inter-unit comm channel. "Orloff, run to coordinates zero, one, zero, six and prepare to make an assault on that sniper's nest. I'll approach from the south, on the bounce, and we can pinch them between us. All remaining 'Mechs, pair up and prepare to make a run on that hill."

Orloff runs to 0106, facing 0205.
Harlow jumps to 1509, facing 1408


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:15 pm 
Offline
Guide
Guide

Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:29 pm
Posts: 206
"Armbuster, flank left." Spectre suggests The Stinger fires off his jump jets again, flanking left and landing in the tree color at the bottom of the defended hills.

F3 jumps to woods at 0902 facing 1002

_________________
____________________________________________________________________________________________


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:21 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:04 pm
Posts: 4100
E2 stands still

Attachment:
terraincomp1.png
terraincomp1.png [ 1.51 MiB | Viewed 58 times ]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:06 am 
Offline
Tracker
Tracker

Joined: Mon May 28, 2012 10:56 am
Posts: 136
"White, I'm going to move to 0504. Head to 0506. When we engage again try to maneuver so you can jump behind one of those big suckers and light them up with those flamers of yours."

No longer sweating, Zeke pushes his Wasp to top speed. If he was going to die today he wasn't going to do it afraid.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 327 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 17  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group