Depot battle

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Depot battle

#1 Post by wolfpack »

Phases
1st roll init (only one person needs to roll)

2nd movement we each move 1 at a time with the init winner having the last move. I don’t care what order you guys choose to move. You can move whoever checks the thread next or designate this person moves first then this person ect. Also each round can change it does not need ot be the same order every round.

3rd Fire, declare what weapons you want to fire and at who. You can go ahead and roll a hit for each weapon and I can add up the modifiers later . Further more go ahead and roll hit location and possible critical for each weapon in case you do hit. I will post a hit location and critical hit table in the image thread. If you do get a critical we will wait until those are resolved to move to the next phase.

4th physical attack declare and roll physical attacks

5th piloting roll heat phase. Pioting roll if required and add up heat.

So a scenario goes
Someone rolls init (2d6) for your side and I roll. Lets say I win
Movement begins, we each move one at a time with me having last move

After movement we fire

Lets say Ivan in his wasp decides to fire both his medium laser and a srm2.

He would roll
For the medium laser
(2d6) to hit
(2d6) location
(2d6) in case of possible critical

For the srm2
(2d6) to hit
(2d6) to determine how many missiles hit. This is for srm’s and lrm’s.
(2d6) location
(2d6) in case of possible critical

If criticals we will determine them before moving on.

Physical attack phase rolls and damage
(2d6) for your punch or kick attack
(1d6) location
(2d6) check of critical

We will then determine if anyone needs to make a piloting roll and add up heat.

Once we do this a bit I think it will start to go smoothly. It would be best for you to set up macros in the dice roller to make this easier.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Depot battle

#2 Post by wolfpack »

The black building is a level 2 structure, the green building is a level 1 structure. The direction the arrow tip is pointing is the hex facing of the mech.

You see several flat bed semi-trucks loaded with metal crates leaving the larger level 2 building.

The enemy mechs are all painted OD green with a large black 1 on them. Your briefing identifies this as 1st planetary guard, some of the local planetary milita you were told about.

I will post the map JPG with mech positioning, but I am also attaching the PDF's so you can better see hex numbers. Your mechs movement rate is on the mech sheet pdf I sent you. remember movement modifiers when running or walking

light woods - 2 move points
rubble - 2 movment points
water - 2 move points
up elevation levels - 2 points and you can only move up 1 level at a time if not jumping

if you jump each hex is only 1 movement point regardless of terrain.

i suggest opening the map in a new window so you can zoom if you want and zooming in on the pdf to see hex numbers. you can redraw on the image where you move if you want, but probably easier to identify what hex you move to and which way you are facing.

P1 – starting position 1006
P2 – starting position 0606
P3 – starting position 0406
P4 – starting position 1107

E1 – identified as a Locust – position 1011
E2 – identified as a locust – position 0608
E3 – identified as a stinger – position 1206
E4 – identified as a wasp – position 0410

Someone roll init (2d6)
factorypos1.jpg
factorypos1.jpg (575.56 KiB) Viewed 870 times
Attachments
factory.pdf
(590.59 KiB) Downloaded 24 times

BuckshotChuck
Guide
Guide

#3 Post by BuckshotChuck »

____________________________________________________________________________________________

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by wolfpack »

You win intitive.

i move first, E1 stands still

Over an open channel you hear

raiders, i don't know who you are, but stand down now and we will let you leave. You face the Sackville 1st planetary guard!

BuckshotChuck
Guide
Guide

#5 Post by BuckshotChuck »

Confident with the speed of his zippy Spider, Private David Coughlan races forward into a thick stand of trees to get a better view. "P1, this is P3. Looks like we may have to do something about those trucks if we don't want the supplies escaping. Awaiting orders." I ignore the militia's request unless told differently by a superior.

Move straight down into the woods at hex 0414 (I think those are heavy woods, but could use confirmation)
Verification Question: Does it also cost 1 MP to turn each hexside as you move, just like in BattleTech tabletop?
Last edited by BuckshotChuck on Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
____________________________________________________________________________________________

Recklessfireball
Ranger
Ranger

#6 Post by Recklessfireball »

Eugene thumbs his comm. "Roger that, Spectre. Disable the flat-beds and secure the salvage. Ivan and Shadow will screen for you. I'll try to use Tricksy to draw their fire while you guys grab the goodies."

I'll push through the woods and run directly south, to hex 1014, in a gamble to draw the opfor's attention while my men secure the target.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by wolfpack »

BuckshotChuck wrote:Confident with the speed of his zippy Spider, Private David Coughlan races forward into a thick stand of trees to get a better view. "P1, this is P3. Looks like we may have to do something about those trucks if we don't want the supplies escaping. Awaiting orders." I ignore the militia's request unless told differently by a superior.

Move straight down into the woods at hex 0414 (I think those are heavy woods, but could use confirmation)
Verification Question: Does it also cost 1 MP to turn each hexside as you move, just like in BattleTech tabletop?
0414 are heavy woods

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by wolfpack »

The locust E2 charges ahead to 1117 behind partial cover and closing in on eugene.
The wasp runs from the light woods to 0304

the 2 semi flatbeds each have 4 shipping containers stacked and strapped on and are in square 0706 and 0707. there is a 3rd semi leaving the level 2 building.

once the mechs start moving the drivers (these appear to be civilian not military vehicles) bail leaving their trucks behind.
factorypos2.jpg
factorypos2.jpg (552.58 KiB) Viewed 854 times

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#9 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Ivan moves his wasp up next to Coughlin 1312 on map "Yes sir, moving to screen for P3."
Last edited by GreyWolfVT on Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by wolfpack »

GreyWolfVT wrote:Ivan moves his wasp up next to Coughlin 0314 on map "Yes sir, moving to screen for P3."

your run is only 9, each hex face turn costs 1. the furthest you can move in the 13 row is 1312

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by wolfpack »

The stinger runs to 0702 into light woods
factorypos2.jpg
factorypos2.jpg (538.27 KiB) Viewed 849 times

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by wolfpack »

Diamond_Spear wrote:”Shadow, moving to support,” Zeke radios.

Zeke will move to hex 0318.
dont think you ha ve the right hex. 0318 is way down by th efactory

maybe you mean 0913?

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by wolfpack »

I am going to assume it was 0913

Movement is done.

fire phase
declare what you are firing at at whom and go ahead and roll (to hit, number of missiles if srm or lrm, location, possible critical) for each weapon.

E2 - firing 1 medium laser and 2 machine guns at eugene (p1)
E1 - firing 2 lrm 5 at eugene (p1)
E3 - firing 1 ML and 1 SRM 2 at eugene (p1)
E4 - firing 1 medium laser at david (p3)

you ranges should be on your mech sheet but remember max range for srm and ML is 9.
factorypos2.jpg
factorypos2.jpg (529.72 KiB) Viewed 831 times

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by wolfpack »

E2 - Locust (gunnery 5 + 2 for running +3 for P1 movement +3 partial cover = 12)
ML: [2d6] = 7
MG: [2d6] = 9
MG: [2d6] = 7

E1 - Locust (gunnery 5 +3 for P1 move +2 for distance = 10)
lrm5: [2d6] = 11 (hit)
lrm5: [2d6] = 7

number of missiles: [2d6] = 9 (4)

E3 - wasp (gunnery 5 + 2 for run + 3 for p1 move +2 for distance =12)
ml: [2d6] = 6
srm2: [2d6] = 3

E4 stinger (gunnery 5 + 2 for run +2 for heavy woods +2 for p3 move, +2 for distance = 12)
ml: [2d6] = 9
the quiet day is split with the thunderous sounds of lasers and missiles from the guard mechs as they unload of the Crusaders. with all of the speed of the mechs on both side shots fire wide chewing up the ground and trees.

Then Dagger's mech is rocket as missiles slam into his mechs center torso causing him to have to adjust his balance to stay on his feet.

Diamond_Spear
Tracker
Tracker

#15 Post by Diamond_Spear »

Yes sorry. Posting from my phone and the image was blurry.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by wolfpack »

don't worry I gotcha. i counted out movement and 0913 made the most sense.

Recklessfireball
Ranger
Ranger

#17 Post by Recklessfireball »

OOC: Just lost my entire epic post, b/c the forums logged me out. I am verklempt. :evil: Just going to move forward with the abbreviated version... :(

Gene yanks hard on the Pixie's throttle, juking left, then right, as a fusillade of lasers, missiles, and machine gun bullets rip past him, tearing into the ground at the Phoenix Hawk's feet and raking the low ridge off to his left. He starts in surprise, a high-pitched tone shrieking, warning him of an incoming missile lock. To his astonishment, ten long-range missiles vomit from the arms of one of the Locusts, six of them falling short and blasting craters in the ground; the remaining four impacting on Tricksies center torso, jolting him in his cockpit and making warning lights flash on his console.

Gene thumbs his comm, his heart pounding with excitement. "Looks like I've got their attention, gentlemen! Watch the bandit at 1011. Looks like he's packing a pair of LRMs."

Bringing the Pixie to a skidding halt, just before a wide field of boulders, he drops the crosshairs of his targeting computer across the nearest Locust (E2) at 1117 and fires the Large and Medium laser on its right arm...

EDIT: Meh. I clearly have been away from here for too many years. Can't remember how to roll dice and now I have to go to work. Maybe Wolfpack can proxy roll for me, until I get it straightened out? Sorry. Frustration. :x :oops:
Doing your attacks for this round (gunnery 4 ran +2 e2 move +3 partial cover +3 = 12)
LL : [2d6] = 3
ML: [2d6] = 7

If you have time tonight or tomorrow we will go over how to create a character and create macros in the dice roller

BuckshotChuck
Guide
Guide

#18 Post by BuckshotChuck »

Taking cover behind the bole of a large tree, Spectre avoids the enemy's fire. Seeing the semi-trucks abandoned by their drivers, Spectre steps out from behind the tree and focuses his fire on the exposed Wasp approaching his position. Hoping to make the enemy think twice about the engagement, he squeezes the trigger to fire both medium lasers. As heat washes into the cockpit, Spectre sees through his HUD that the first shot just missed the enemy's center torso, while the second beam trails it's right leg by a larger distance, chewing up the ground behind the fast moving mech.
Firing at E4 (Wasp): 5 Gunnery + 2 for running + 3 Wasp moving 7 hexes + 2 Medium Range = Target Number 12
Medium Laser: Hit=[2d6] = 11 | Location=[2d6] = 2 | CritChance=[2d6] = 4
Medium Laser: Hit=[2d6] = 7 | Location=[2d6] = 5 | CritChance=[2d6] = 7
Clarification questions, just for future calculations:
Shouldn't E2's fire have taken his own movement into account for a higher target number at P1?
E4's calculation added to 13, but listed at 12. Are we using a rule where there is always a chance to hit as long as in range and not blocked (an idea I like FYI)?

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#19 Post by wolfpack »

BuckshotChuck wrote: Clarification questions, just for future calculations:
Shouldn't E2's fire have taken his own movement into account for a higher target number at P1?
E4's calculation added to 13, but listed at 12. Are we using a rule where there is always a chance to hit as long as in range and not blocked (an idea I like FYI)?
My fault I mislabeled on my attack rolls what i labeled as E2 should be E1 and vice versa, E1 did not move. I will fix that.

Under mechwarrior rules a 12 is always a success and a 2 is always a failure (Page 10 of mechwarrior book). As long as the target is within sight and range.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#20 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Ivan crazy as he might be fires everything his Wasp has at E4 hoping to alter the direction of it's driver.

Medium Laser: Hit [2d6] = 9 | Location [2d6] = 7 | CritChance [2d6] = 9
SRM: Hit [2d6] = 5 | Location [2d6] = 8 | CritChance [2d6] = 5
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Return to “[Mechwarrior 2] 3028 campaign”