OOC chatter

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

OOC chatter

#1 Post by wolfpack »

once characters are finalized we can get started.

The campaign will have plenty of battletech combat, but will also have some outside the mech aspects as well that can affect the campaigns outcome.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC chatter

#2 Post by wolfpack »

Once all characters are finished you guys can decide who has what rank. you will have a lieutenant, a sergeant, 2 privates

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by wolfpack »

The affiliation on your character sheet refers to what hours or periphery state you were born in.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#4 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I've no issue being a private or a Sargent. Also how close to the old character sheet can i get?

Copied from Battletech game:

Ivan Volkov

Age 28
Home Planet: Benjamin (Draconis Combine: House Kurita)
Social Rank: Soldier
Military/Mercneary Rank/Position: Sergeant (SGT) and Second in Command of the Recon Lance in the Mercenary Company: 'Harigan's Hellions'

ATTRIBUTES AND SKILLS:

CHA: 2D+1
DEX: 3D (Guns 4D)
KNOW: 2D+2 (Tactics 4D)
MECH: 3D+2 (Mech Piloting 4D+2; Gunnery 5D; Artillery 4D)
STR: 3D+1
PER: 2D+2
TECH: 3D+1 (Mech Repair 4D; Equipment Repair 3D; Demolition 4D)

EQUIPMENT: Wasp Light Mech; Cooling Vest; Personal Weapon; Melee Weapon; other....

BACKGROUND:

Originally from the District Capital planet of Benjamin in the Draconis Combine; Ivan Volkov was noted in his youth for having tremendous potential in Mech simulators; despite hailing from a non-noble; non-Mechwarrior family. This potential led to his being given a slot in the Benjamin District Military Acamdey and Ivan was lucky enough, skilled enough and tough enough to pass the rigorous training to become a Mech Jock while most of his classmates were constantly looking down on Ivan due to thier status as the children of Nobles and Knightly Mechwarriors and his being just a commoner. Nonthless, he graduated and as such, he was assigned a Wasp Light Mech by the Combine and sent to serve in the 11th Benjamin Regulars Mech Regiment. After serving for four years; Ivan won possession of the Wasp Mech he had been assigned (previously, it belonged to the State) due to his extraordinary service in saving his Company Commander's life (Captain Takagi). After serving the Combine for his required 5 years; he was honorably discharged from the Combine's military and he took his Mech and decided to become a Mercenary. He soon joined the Mercenary Company known as Harigan's Hellions and due to his experience, he was quickly given the position/rank of SGT in the Company's Recon Lance.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Diamond_Spear
Tracker
Tracker

#5 Post by Diamond_Spear »

My character is most certainly a private.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by wolfpack »

GreyWolfVT wrote:I've no issue being a private or a Sargent. Also how close to the old character sheet can i get?

Copied from Battletech game:

Ivan Volkov

Age 28
Home Planet: Benjamin (Draconis Combine: House Kurita)
Social Rank: Soldier
Military/Mercneary Rank/Position: Sergeant (SGT) and Second in Command of the Recon Lance in the Mercenary Company: 'Harigan's Hellions'

ATTRIBUTES AND SKILLS:

CHA: 2D+1
DEX: 3D (Guns 4D)
KNOW: 2D+2 (Tactics 4D)
MECH: 3D+2 (Mech Piloting 4D+2; Gunnery 5D; Artillery 4D)
STR: 3D+1
PER: 2D+2
TECH: 3D+1 (Mech Repair 4D; Equipment Repair 3D; Demolition 4D)

EQUIPMENT: Wasp Light Mech; Cooling Vest; Personal Weapon; Melee Weapon; other....

BACKGROUND:

Originally from the District Capital planet of Benjamin in the Draconis Combine; Ivan Volkov was noted in his youth for having tremendous potential in Mech simulators; despite hailing from a non-noble; non-Mechwarrior family. This potential led to his being given a slot in the Benjamin District Military Acamdey and Ivan was lucky enough, skilled enough and tough enough to pass the rigorous training to become a Mech Jock while most of his classmates were constantly looking down on Ivan due to thier status as the children of Nobles and Knightly Mechwarriors and his being just a commoner. Nonthless, he graduated and as such, he was assigned a Wasp Light Mech by the Combine and sent to serve in the 11th Benjamin Regulars Mech Regiment. After serving for four years; Ivan won possession of the Wasp Mech he had been assigned (previously, it belonged to the State) due to his extraordinary service in saving his Company Commander's life (Captain Takagi). After serving the Combine for his required 5 years; he was honorably discharged from the Combine's military and he took his Mech and decided to become a Mercenary. He soon joined the Mercenary Company known as Harigan's Hellions and due to his experience, he was quickly given the position/rank of SGT in the Company's Recon Lance.
I am picturing a big barrel chested bearded russian. i would go 27 points for attributes, 16 for skills, 0 advatages

bld - 6
int -5
ref - 5
lrn - 3
cha - 3

that would make your characteristics. athletic and powerful but average intelligence and social.
Athletic: 7+
Physical: 8+
Mental: 10+
Social: 10+

you would be decent in a mech and even better in a street fight, definitely the muscle of the group.

advanced academy package gives you 6 skills (2 at 3, 2 at 2, 2 at 1)and 1 left over for an additional level 1 skill.

required mech gunnery and piloting, small arms, medtech

gunnery mech level 3
piloting mech level 3
small arms level 2
medtech level 1

then for you other skills
unarmed combat level 2
blade level 1
technician mech level 1

not exactly what you had before but close. that's my suggestion, at least a starting point for you.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by wolfpack »

with your 500 cbills you can purchase whatever starting items you want at the cost in the mechwarrior book. pages 162, 163

GreyWolfVT

#8 Post by GreyWolfVT »

thanks I took the suggestions and edited my character sheet. I'm shooting for as similar as he was before as possible. The background I initially had still work or would I need a new home planet and all that?
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by wolfpack »

No the background is fine

GreyWolfVT

#10 Post by GreyWolfVT »

tossed up an image thats essentially what I picture Ivan to be. :)

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by wolfpack »

Alright we just need chucks character now and we can get started. Looks like we have

Eugene who is centered around being a straight mechwarrior
Ivan who is the muscle/hand to hand type
zeke who is the fixer/rouge type

Recklessfireball
Ranger
Ranger

#12 Post by Recklessfireball »

Eugene could be the young Lt. and Ivan could be the grizzled Sergeant trying to keep me from getting us all killed.

It'll be just like Vietnam. :P

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by wolfpack »

I am fine with whatever the group agrees on ranks.

BuckshotChuck
Guide
Guide

#14 Post by BuckshotChuck »

Sorry for the delay, had family crash on us the last few days. Should get my guy in today.

I was going to submit the 'leader' type character I mentioned in the other thread if that influences anything.
____________________________________________________________________________________________

GreyWolfVT

#15 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I already went with the Sargent rank so I think that is settled then. ;)

Grizzled old? Ivan is only 28 you know. 8-)

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by wolfpack »

sounds like zeke is set as a private
ivan as a sergeant

that leaves eugene and buckshots charcater to hash out LT and the other private. sounds like you are making similar characters.

BuckshotChuck
Guide
Guide

#17 Post by BuckshotChuck »

I can change if needed, but I thought Eugene was going more the straight mechwarrior, with a dabbling in Bureaucracy. My current plan has me also with some Leadership, Tactics, Strategy, and Negotiation.
____________________________________________________________________________________________

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by wolfpack »

doesn't matter to me. These are eugenes skills

Gunnery/Mech: 3 (4+)
Piloting/Mech: 3 (4+)
Technician/Mech: 2 (7+)
Tactics: 1 (8+)
Leadership: 2 (7+)
Medtech: 1 (8+)
Small Arms: 1 (6+)
Bureaucracy: 1 (8+)

it's fine if you have the dame kind of skills, just need to know who fills what rank.

Recklessfireball
Ranger
Ranger

#19 Post by Recklessfireball »

If Buckshot wants to be Lance commander, I'm fine with playing a private. Maybe Gene is just good officer material and gunning for a promotion at some point in the future (say, if the Crusaders add another Lance or Company to their forces, or if another MechWarrior gets killed in action and a command position opens up).

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#20 Post by wolfpack »

sounds good to me.

Return to “[Mechwarrior 2] 3028 campaign”