OOC chatter

Diamond_Spear
Tracker
Tracker

Re: OOC chatter

#261 Post by Diamond_Spear »

Any suggestions for how to handle our tendency to see if one of the other players will move first? It seems like the further we get into the movement stage the longer it takes to get our last few mechs moved. I know that I'm playing Zeke more aggressively than I had envisioned him because I don't want the game to bog down waiting on movement. Thoughts?

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#262 Post by GreyWolfVT »

well I'd hate to move my two guys in to have E1 take off behind me with my two facing the wrong direction so I have no want to move first.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Diamond_Spear
Tracker
Tracker

#263 Post by Diamond_Spear »

GreyWolfVT wrote:well I'd hate to move my two guys in to have E1 take off behind me with my two facing the wrong direction so I have no want to move first.
Completely understandable. Maybe we could ask Wolfpack to add a “Battle Communications” thread so our characters could radio back and forth and we could come up with our tactics without cluttering up the actual battle thread?

Recklessfireball
Ranger
Ranger

#264 Post by Recklessfireball »

I'll move first every round, from now on. The rest of you guys can work it out among yourselves.

I'm hosting a D&D game today, so my posting is likely to be spotty today. I'll try to get at least 2 or 3 posts in today, though. ;)

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#265 Post by wolfpack »

Just got done watching my daughters high school volleyball teams 1st playoff game. Eating now will be home in a bit

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#266 Post by wolfpack »

zeke with the heroic sacrifice for a mechwarrior not even in his unit, looking to inspire others.

BuckshotChuck
Guide
Guide

#267 Post by BuckshotChuck »

It is not likely in our best interest to have our largest, best armed mech, always move first. It definitely depends on the tactical situation. To keep the game moving, we won't have tactical discussions that last as long as those take place in face to face games anyway, so everyone has to play a bit more aggressively than they might in a tabletop game.

In my opinion, the mechs we move last should be those will capitalize on the enemy's movement, especially when we win initiative.
____________________________________________________________________________________________

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#268 Post by wolfpack »

This battle should show you why I think the AC2 id the most ineffective weapon in the game, with the AC5 not far behind.

BuckshotChuck
Guide
Guide

#269 Post by BuckshotChuck »

Not a good battle for an AC2. It is marginally OK at it's furthest ranges and closer against slower, line mechs that have to plod forward slowly.
____________________________________________________________________________________________

Recklessfireball
Ranger
Ranger

#270 Post by Recklessfireball »

BuckshotChuck wrote:It is not likely in our best interest to have our largest, best armed mech, always move first. It definitely depends on the tactical situation. To keep the game moving, we won't have tactical discussions that last as long as those take place in face to face games anyway, so everyone has to play a bit more aggressively than they might in a tabletop game.

In my opinion, the mechs we move last should be those will capitalize on the enemy's movement, especially when we win initiative.
I agree, but no one wants to bite the bullet, so I decided to do it so we can keep the game moving. My Pixie does have the thickest armor, so I suppose it's the fair choice, in that sense. Gonna take a lot longer to win if I can't efficiently bring that Large laser to bear, though.

Recklessfireball
Ranger
Ranger

#271 Post by Recklessfireball »

Line of sight is blocked (due to 1 heavy & 1 light woods) from P1 to E1, correct?

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#272 Post by wolfpack »

Recklessfireball wrote:Line of sight is blocked (due to 1 heavy & 1 light woods) from P1 to E1, correct?
correct

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#273 Post by wolfpack »

need fire from P1,F1,P4,F4

BuckshotChuck
Guide
Guide

#274 Post by BuckshotChuck »

FYI wolfpack, it did not matter with the number rolled, but I jumped 7 hexes for a total +4 move modifier, not +3 affecting the Hermes Fire

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#275 Post by wolfpack »

BuckshotChuck wrote:FYI wolfpack, it did not matter with the number rolled, but I jumped 7 hexes for a total +4 move modifier, not +3 affecting the Hermes Fire

your right, the 11 still hit however

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#276 Post by wolfpack »

i was wondering what would happen fist. take out one of the phoenix hawks legs making it salvageable, blow out it's center torso, or hot that ammo

Recklessfireball
Ranger
Ranger

#277 Post by Recklessfireball »

Machine gun ammo is a bitch in 3025. I swap those suckers out for a different weapon, as soon as possible, when I wind up in a 'Mech that mounts them.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#278 Post by GreyWolfVT »

well it isn't even our guy that has em its the other crew the joined us the other SGT has a laser and 2 machine guns.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#279 Post by wolfpack »

since it is untilkely P2 will end up a target why don;t one of you go ahead and move for greywolf.

Recklessfireball
Ranger
Ranger

#280 Post by Recklessfireball »

Alrighty. I'm gonna line you up with your other dude, so you can be set up for the rush on hamburger hill, with the rest of us, next turn. ;)

Return to “[Mechwarrior 2] 3028 campaign”