OOC chatter

Recklessfireball
Ranger
Ranger

Re: OOC chatter

#161 Post by Recklessfireball »

Yeah, Zeke and Coughlin have both been kicking ass. Volkov got his laser shot off so soon, he wasn't able to do much. Hopefully, Spectre can get that thing reattached. 8-)

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#162 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Recklessfireball wrote:Yeah, Zeke and Coughlin have both been kicking ass. Volkov got his laser shot off so soon, he wasn't able to do much. Hopefully, Spectre can get that thing reattached. 8-)
Lets hope I'll have a functioning laser again soon. Because I turned into a kick boxer mech after that was out that would launch missiles before closing in to kick or punch.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Recklessfireball
Ranger
Ranger

#163 Post by Recklessfireball »

Hey, don't knock kicking. That's actually a great tactic (Well, as long as you don't miss and then fail the piloting roll). ;)

GreyWolfVT

#164 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Recklessfireball wrote:Hey, don't knock kicking. That's actually a great tactic (Well, as long as you don't miss and then fail the piloting roll). ;)
Quite true. All depends on our skills (or in this case the results of a roller app.)
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#165 Post by wolfpack »

Ok things are about to get FUN!

The last 2 dust ups were for you guys to cut your teeth and get back into the feel of battletech combat. Going forward it is going to get more and more epic.

With this next scenerio you will be accompanied by the Fusiliers recon lance

Lt Dan Orloff – Commando - regular (F1) (4/4)
Sgt – Roy Brownlee – Stinger - green (F2) (5/5)
Pvt – John Armbuster – stinger -green (F3) (5/5)
Pvt – Shawn White - firestarter - green (F4) (5/5)

the numbers in () are the gunnery/piloting target numbers

I can't NPC mechs on your side and the enemy at the same time (would be like playing chess against yourself)

So I am going to need you guys to be the pilots of the fusiliers. you have to play them as if they were your own mechs so no making them do something unreasonable or suicidal just to help a PC. They are 100% up for teamwork and have no tension with your unit.

It is up to you guys on who controls what. If youwant to have everyone take 1 npc mech fine with me

I know Diamond and greywolf can't be on as often so if they don;t want the responsibility of having a 2nd mech to command then that's fine also, buck and fireball could split them up of 1 person take all of them i am ok with whatever you guys choose.

BuckshotChuck
Guide
Guide

#166 Post by BuckshotChuck »

I'll take whichever others don't want to run. Occasionally I have days filled with meetings, but most days I can get on for a few minutes at various times throughout the day.
____________________________________________________________________________________________

Recklessfireball
Ranger
Ranger

#167 Post by Recklessfireball »

It really depends on whether or not Greywolf and Diamondspear think they can handle the posts.

If yes, I'd say we just assign 'Mechs according to rank...
Orloff/Harlow
Volkov/Brownlee
Armbuster/Doughty
White/Coughlan

If no, then I can control Orloff and Brownlee and Buckshot Chuck can control Armbuster and White.

As an aside, Lt. Dan needs two cybernetic replacement legs. Also, if either Armbuster or White get waxed, you need to add a Pvt. Gump to the roster. :)

GreyWolfVT

#168 Post by GreyWolfVT »

depends on how frequently posting is there are at least 3 work days that I share an office so I can't as easily "sneak" on here to post. Where as today and tomorrow I'm good to post at work and at home. I have no problems taking one but know that you guys might as well decide where to move me and have my attack rolls done for me on those 3 days during the week, they change as the other guys schedule does so next week Tue-Thur share office less posting from me.

Side bar: is it weird that I can hear my character talking with a russian accent when i post? :lol:

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#169 Post by wolfpack »

GreyWolfVT wrote:depends on how frequently posting is there are at least 3 work days that I share an office so I can't as easily "sneak" on here to post. Where as today and tomorrow I'm good to post at work and at home. I have no problems taking one but know that you guys might as well decide where to move me and have my attack rolls done for me on those 3 days during the week, they change as the other guys schedule does so next week Tue-Thur share office less posting from me.

Side bar: is it weird that I can hear my character talking with a russian accent when i post? :lol:

No because I do to, I always hear dolph lungren in rocky 3

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#170 Post by wolfpack »

How about we do this.

assign each of you a mech

Orloff/Harlow
Volkov/Brownlee
Armbuster/Doughty
White/Coughlan

and if we get to a point where the game is stalled waiting for movement for whatever reason anyone of the PC's can feel free to move a fusilier mech who has not moved yet.

BuckshotChuck
Guide
Guide

#171 Post by BuckshotChuck »

Sounds like that could work. I would suggest a caveat that you need to have moved both your own controlled mech's before moving someone else's assigned Fusilier. I think that would help stretch the time a bit for those that may not be able to post as frequently.
____________________________________________________________________________________________

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#172 Post by wolfpack »

BuckshotChuck wrote:Sounds like that could work. I would suggest a caveat that you need to have moved both your own controlled mech's before moving someone else's assigned Fusilier. I think that would help stretch the time a bit for those that may not be able to post as frequently.

agreed

Recklessfireball
Ranger
Ranger

#173 Post by Recklessfireball »

Sounds like a plan.

GreyWolfVT

#174 Post by GreyWolfVT »

works for me.
wolfpack wrote:
No because I do to, I always hear dolph lungren in rocky 3
But that was a Swedish actor :lol:
Hans "Dolph" Lundgren is a Swedish actor

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#175 Post by wolfpack »

Yeah but it's still how I hear him talking

"you will lose"

GreyWolfVT

#176 Post by GreyWolfVT »

How about hearing Mickey Rourke from Iron Man 2? For some reason that's what I hear. Ivan Vanko. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQMHogdE7Os

Diamond_Spear
Tracker
Tracker

#177 Post by Diamond_Spear »

wolfpack wrote:Everyone add 4 more SP.

FYI Zeke has been punching above his weight, i was thinking his mech gunnery target was 5 but it is 6 :shock:

Diamond_spear you still need to add your skill points to your sheet. If you are having trouble doing an edit let me know I will add them just tell me where you want the 6 skill points to go.
I’m thinking gunnery since I’ve been doing so much of it.

Diamond_Spear
Tracker
Tracker

#178 Post by Diamond_Spear »

BuckshotChuck wrote:Sounds like that could work. I would suggest a caveat that you need to have moved both your own controlled mech's before moving someone else's assigned Fusilier. I think that would help stretch the time a bit for those that may not be able to post as frequently.
Agreed. And actually I can post through the day, it’s just rolling my own dice that is a problem unless I’m at home.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#179 Post by wolfpack »

with that settled I will assume it is ok to move on to the next scene

GreyWolfVT

#180 Post by GreyWolfVT »

yeah unless there is some information the LT needs to share with us I think we can move along. ;)

Return to “[Mechwarrior 2] 3028 campaign”