It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:15 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Depot battle
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:32 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:04 pm
Posts: 3792
you all move first

however I will say the last locust is going to flee full speed. if you want to chase I will add a new board.

Attachment:
factorypos2.png
factorypos2.png [ 1.05 MiB | Viewed 40 times ]


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Depot battle
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:45 pm 
Offline
Tracker
Tracker

Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:29 pm
Posts: 100
"If that locust takes off, one good shot in the back has a good chance of stopping him."David shares with the others. "But he is just as fast as I am on the open ground. Your call Dagger. "

_________________
____________________________________________________________________________________________


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Depot battle
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:54 pm 
Offline
Scout
Scout

Joined: Mon May 28, 2012 10:56 am
Posts: 80
"Sir, our objective is the heat sinks," Zeke Radios. "And with three downed mechs to salvage we're having a good day in anyone's book."


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Depot battle
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:32 pm 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:46 pm
Posts: 450
"Yeah," replies Gene. "Shadows right. Let him go; we need to grab those heat sinks and proceed to the rally point. Outstanding work, gentlemen. Now let's grab the loot and get moving."

So saying, Harlow sends the rally coordinates over a tight-beam encrypted channel to his lance mates and moves toward the heat sinks.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Depot battle
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:40 pm 
Offline
Tracker
Tracker

Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:29 pm
Posts: 100
"We should also check out the 2 buildings real quick to make sure there is nothing we weren't expecting but might want tograb. "

_________________
____________________________________________________________________________________________


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Depot battle
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:43 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:04 pm
Posts: 3792
The final mech takes off at full speed leaving the field of battle.

You move in towards the storage warehouse. You see the abandoned large tractor trailers with long flat beds. Each truck has 4 large shipping containers (picture the kind that cars are packed in and shipped from over seas) stacked 2 high and strapped down with metal cables.

You realize the a mech with two hands can pick up the entire setup and carry it and it will slow you down only slightly.

There are 3 such trucks (6 shipping containers total)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Depot battle
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:07 pm 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:46 pm
Posts: 450
"All right. Shadow and Ivan check the warehouse. Spectre and I will grab the sinks. If you find anything interesting in the warehouse you can carry in one hand, grab it. Otherwise, we'll move out to the rally point."


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Depot battle
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:11 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:04 pm
Posts: 3792
The side of the warehouse is ripped open so a mech can enter.

Some civilians go running and screaming as the mechs enter. Inside you find mining equipment (bulldozers, excavators, rock trucks, ect.) and some large bins full of coal.

It takes a mech with 2 hands to carry one of the trucks (so basically 1 truck per mech)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Depot battle
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:21 pm 
Offline
Scout
Scout

Joined: Mon May 28, 2012 10:56 am
Posts: 80
"Roger", Zeke replies heading towards the warehouse.

OOC: What the hell, how about a scrounge roll to see if there's anything interesting hiding in here.

Scrounge [2d6] = 7


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Depot battle
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:24 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:04 pm
Posts: 3792
Nothing outside of what you would find in a normal mining operation.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Depot battle
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:27 pm 
Offline
Scout
Scout

Joined: Mon May 28, 2012 10:56 am
Posts: 80
"Nothing worth anything in here sir," Zeke says. "You want us to grab a mech before we head back?"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Depot battle
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:31 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:04 pm
Posts: 3792
here is what you have to make a decision on. Carrying the trucks can be done by a single mech but it is large enough to slow the mech down 2 mp. A mech trying to drag another mech can be done but cuts movement to 1/2 walking rate.

Do you slow yourself down to drag a mech back now, or move as quick as you can to the rally point.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Depot battle
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:13 pm 
Offline
Tracker
Tracker

Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:29 pm
Posts: 100
The Spider moves and picks up a truck. -2 MP only puts me down to 6/9

_________________
____________________________________________________________________________________________


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Depot battle
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:10 am 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:46 pm
Posts: 450
"Negative, Shadow," replies Gene. "We have our objective. We'll notify the Major of the salvage here. He can send back some techs to pick it up if we have time to grab it before extraction."

Gene moves to one of the flat-beds and picks it up, moving out towards the rally point. "Okay, people- fall in. Close formation. Sensors on sweep. Anybody sees anything, give a shout out. Let's move."


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Depot battle
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:02 am 
Offline
Scout
Scout

Joined: Mon May 28, 2012 10:56 am
Posts: 80
"Roger", Zeke replies, grabbing a truck and starting to move off.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Depot battle
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:22 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:04 pm
Posts: 3792
I will use zekes scrounge roll from earlier. If you pull the arm off the wasp you downed your techs can repair Ivan's hand and ML.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Depot battle
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:49 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:04 pm
Posts: 3792
continued in rally point thread


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Depot battle
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:22 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 16963
Location: Vermont, USA
since this game moves too fast for me to keep up with replies for earlier actions....

Ivan "Masterful kill there, the laser bast and then stomping on the mech. I love it!. in response to the end of combat. "Bastards gotta pay for wrecking my mech. But you say let em flee then roger that sir." to commands to let the enemy flee and to check the buildings "Lets get to the rally point and off this shit hole. I'm takin that laser off the downed wasp too, so don't anyone else take it."

_________________
“Life has no meaning but what we give it. I wish a few more of ye would give it a little.”
― Ed Greenwood, Elminster: The Making of a Mage

Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Hot Streak - Villian - Rebirth of Power
Ivan Volkov Human - Mechwarrior2 3028 campaign
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group