OOC Discussion (Session 3)

shroomofinsanity
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: OOC Discussion (Session 3)

#461 Post by shroomofinsanity »

Oh, I forgot elixer making is his instinct.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#462 Post by Marullus »

Ludanto wrote:No back-to-back tests, though. So, if we assume that Allric used the second check, and Berry is using the first, then Allric can't use the third.
No back to back tests applies to the check use. I triggered an instinct and then used the first check - those don't count as back to back. So, Berry can use the second check and anyone can use the third (including Allric).

Ludanto
Ranger
Ranger

#463 Post by Ludanto »

Bah! I'm a simp. I looked this up specifically, and it says "You may not make two tests in a row in camp".

However, I failed to process that the rule is under the heading "Spending Checks".

Honest mistake. Sorry.
"Mi pensas, ke mia simio metis sian piedon en vian trinkaĵon."
Neniam dividu la adventurgrupon.
"Ĉu vi volas koboldojn? Ĉar tiel estas kiel oni akiras koboldojn!"

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#464 Post by Marullus »

No worries. :)

I did jump ahead a bit - you still need to roll on the Camp Events table. :shock:

BillTheGalacticHero
Ranger
Ranger

#465 Post by BillTheGalacticHero »

We haven't said where we are camping. I vote for right here in the cell block, it has only one entrance that needs to be secured.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#466 Post by Marullus »

Marullus wrote: He lauds them as he leads them back across to their campsite in the kobold's study with the beds, where they have four non-crumbled walls and a securable door and where they last camped. He skirts quickly past the unnaturally darkened chapel, conveniently not looking that direction as he congratulates his victorious friends and talks of a return to town.

shroomofinsanity
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#467 Post by shroomofinsanity »

Whats the ob for the carrography check?

Ludanto
Ranger
Ranger

#468 Post by Ludanto »

Typical "Underground" Camp: [2d6] = 7

Camp = SAFE.

Cartography OB = 3

shroomofinsanity
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#469 Post by shroomofinsanity »

Farewell fresh, I hardly knew you.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#470 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Too bad you didn't include Rabon and Thag as helpers with their Will, since that is still a Beginner's Luck test. But as you say, at least it advances you. And Berry can always drink the boiled water to recover from that.

Ludanto: we have a campfire and a place to fetch water (on the map). Could retrieving water and boiling it be automatic, or would we need to spend a check? It would be nice to have full water flasks prior to leaving.

Edit: do we have a sense of how long it will be to get back to town? That will determine if we dump food to pack treasure. I'd hate to leave the stained glass behind after all that tomfoolery to get it. :)

Ludanto
Ranger
Ranger

#471 Post by Ludanto »

I'm not sure that you actually have a map at this point. I feel like the last successful map was ruined. That said, between common sense and the end of the session (it's getting late!) I'm assuming you can get water from the well without a problem.

While the trip happened off-screen, you had to find your way through a dark (and apparently wolf-infested) forest to get here. You'll have to find your way back through the forest to get to town.

BillTheGalacticHero
Ranger
Ranger

#472 Post by BillTheGalacticHero »

Ooo, that's sweet words for Rangers and/or Striders

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#473 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

The most recent, failed cartography roll was met with a condition, which means the map was created successfully. Or so I thought the rules were... (In which case the log should read, "Berry gets H&T making a map.")

I also thought we recreated the map after in was spilled on it. :?

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#474 Post by Marullus »

Ludanto wrote:I'm not sure that you actually have a map at this point. I feel like the last successful map was ruined.
Actually, we just got a map from Berry... It is either "success with a condition" or Failure with a twist" right? So, by giving him a condition he also gets a successful result and thus we have a complete map of the upper level of the monastary.
Failure
If a player fails an ability or skill test, one of two things
can happen: either a twist is introduced or the character
succeeds, but with a condition.

In this case you get what you were after, but you also earn a condition: hungry and thirsty, angry, afraid, exhausted, injured, sick or even dead!
Edit: cross-posted...

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#475 Post by Marullus »

We're in pretty good shape, inventory-wise... I think we could muscle back to town with our hands full. I can cast Mystic Porter and avoid spending an hour or two jiggering inventory sheets, though. That okay, Ludanto?

How about this, everyone... I will memorize Mystic Porter and use the last check to scribe a Light spell scroll (with Berry's help on his lettering). I can then cover our way home with the Porter and if the scroll fails we can light torches.

Good?

If Ludanto rules that we don't have a map, then I'd rather use the last check to make one. (Can't leave without a map.)

Ludanto
Ranger
Ranger

#476 Post by Ludanto »

Yep. Sorry. Went too long without playing and forgot how everything worked. I probably would have rather let the map fail, but I wasn't looking for a Twist in camp, blah blah blah. So yes, I suppose you do have a map, not that it is necessary to get to the well. It won't get you through the woods, though.

Mystic Porter ought to hold your odds and ends, I think.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#477 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

As mentioned, Rabon has met his goal of looting this place thoroughly. He's ready to head to town and live large. He could be persuaded to go to the basement, but I think we might be better off going back to town and leveling up and replenishing rations and oil. And getting a new lockpick set if affordable. Then we can either head back here, or find a new lead. Maybe look for our pal, Aoife... :P

Also, perhaps another player might want to join our merry band if we start from town.

BillTheGalacticHero
Ranger
Ranger

#478 Post by BillTheGalacticHero »

I'll ask a couple friends who might be interested in a pbf Torchbearer game.

shroomofinsanity
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#479 Post by shroomofinsanity »

I think Berry had learned a great deal about the dwarven religion here, he is prepared to return to town for now.

BillTheGalacticHero
Ranger
Ranger

#480 Post by BillTheGalacticHero »

Thag's goal is to destroy the evil tainting this place. Without exploring the lower level he can't be sure of that. And there might be more loot down there.

Return to “Torchbearer: Scoundrels”