OOC Discussion (Session 3)

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC Discussion (Session 3)

#481 Post by Marullus »

So are we driving into another session, with Thag leading into the basement? If so, we wrap the session, handle awards, and set new goals for the basement job.

If not, we just wrap and go to town.

shroomofinsanity
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#482 Post by shroomofinsanity »

Well we can come back, we are fairly lootlaiden as is. We could convince you in character that we need to seek help to brave the depths.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#483 Post by Marullus »

Okay, I'll scribe the scroll and end camp.

We can then talk on the IC thread about going below or back to town, since it is now a matter of negotiating IC with Thag.

We can then use the OOC thread here to process the end of the session awards, which happen either way.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#484 Post by Marullus »

Session End

Here's the template from Rusty:
FATE:
Acting on Belief -
Working towards Goal -
Benefiting from Instinct -

PERSONA:
Playing against a belief - n/a if you have acted on a belief
Accomplishing a Goal -
MVP - up to group
Teamworker - up to group
Embodiment - up to group

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#485 Post by Marullus »

Allric
BELIEF: - The appearance of power is power itself.
GOAL: - I will help Berenwald in the Chapel.
FATE:
Acting on Belief - Allric continued reliably showboating, including taking leadership by sending the others in without him
Working towards Goal - see persona answer.
Benefiting from Instinct - the party benefitted from his elixirs twice.

PERSONA:
Playing against a belief - n/a
Accomplishing a Goal - I think his help to Berry in the form of confidence helped with some substantive growth. (If not, go with the fate)
MVP - I vote for Rabon
Teamworker - I vote for Thag, who really strove for the team this session
Embodiment - I vote for Rabon, Berry, and Allric this time

shroomofinsanity
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#486 Post by shroomofinsanity »

Hey guys, sorry, i got an injury at work, and have been off my feet the last few days, i should be able to toss my stuff up here in the next couple days.

BillTheGalacticHero
Ranger
Ranger

#487 Post by BillTheGalacticHero »

Thag's BIG
BELIEF: - I am the last defense of mankind against the minions of Darkness.
INSTINCT: - Always scout ahead
GOAL: - I will destroy the evil tainting this place.

FATE:
Acting on Belief - yes, going into the dark chapel alone to map it probably counts, fighting the skeletons so they do not harm others later: +1 Fate
Working towards Goal -yes, I orchestrated the killing of the skeletons, even if Rabon killed all three of them: +1 Fate
Benefiting from Instinct - nope, only tried Scout once, and it failed

PERSONA:
Accomplishing a Goal - possibly not, I feel there still might be evil down below the chapel, so a GM call: maybe +1 Persona

MVP - Rabon - he defeated the Dark Mantles and the skeletons
Teamworker - Allric brewed several elixirs to keep us healthy; or Thag - I suggested a lot of stuff, but failed at most of it, it was my idea to use the rope to scout the dark chapel
Embodiment - Allric or Rabon. Allric did a lot of wizardly stuff, Rabon risked life & limb to steal some window panes for profit

On a side note, I haven't done a prologue yet, and I wrote up some notes to find out what I did this session, so if no objections I'd like to doi it

shroomofinsanity
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#488 Post by shroomofinsanity »

Ok, Berry's BIG:
BELIEF: - The disciples of the Lords can help all people
GOAL: - I will discover unknown facts about the dwarven religion
INSTINCT: - always be friendly and talk to people before fighting breaks out.

FATE:
Acting on Belief - I may need to work on this goal as well, as I did not get the chance to do much with it. I will ponder on a new belief for next session.
Working towards Goal - See persona
Benefiting from Instinct - There wasnt really a chance for this instinct to pull through this time. I am willing to sit on this another session, just in case we do go back down, as I am sure I can try and talk to some kobolds.

PERSONA:
Accomplishing a Goal - I have discovered all I think I can about the ancient religion of the dwarves, so what with the religious book and all that.
MVP - I will agree with the vote for Rabon, as he was clutch in defeating the monsters this session.
Teamworker - Allric is a always a strong vote, as he continues to be defacto, if not official party leader. He keeps us together in and out of game.
Embodiment - I am also convinced of Rabon for this, as he played his character to the letter, even when it got him into some real trouble, and that's where the fun is. Allric, for reasons above, and doing it mostly in character, continues to give me a strong vibe for exactly what this old wizard is all about. I also like Thag for this, as he is the driving force for us to even still be here at this point. Thag is trying to convince us to delve ever deeper, even with our pockets heavy with treasure.

I would also like to say that I am really enjoying this group and this game. I want to thank our great GM for sticking to it through the holidays, which can be the death knell for any tabletop game. I can not imagine how hard it is to collate this game via posts. And if I ever drop off the map, do PM me, as I get email notifications for that, so I can come on and at least let everyone know whats up.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#489 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

BELIEF: I must acquire wealth so that I can ensure that I will live comfortably.
GOAL: I will take what I can of value from this dwarf hold
INSTINCT: Always check for treasure when leaving an area.
FATE:
Acting on Belief - searching the cells even after we had found skeltons; engaging in a fight with the stone-octopi to get treasure.
Working towards Goal - n/a
Benefiting from Instinct - n/a this session

PERSONA:
Playing against a belief - n/a if you have acted on a belief
Accomplishing a Goal - Ruby ring, stained glass
MVP - Allric for pointing out that the Ruby would for in the anvil and working it the light situation in the darkened chapel.
Teamworker - Berry for helping Allric out of the darkened chapel and keeping the skeletons cowed while fighting them.
Embodiment - Thag for stepping up to fight the stone octopi and later passing a fight upon the skeletons, and making both kill conflicts. Rabon for insisting on going after that stained glass.I liked Allric's responses to the sucker scars in his beard, too.

Edit: I'm fine with Bill doing the prologue.

Ludanto
Ranger
Ranger

#490 Post by Ludanto »

OK!

MVP = Rabon (no surprise there, apparently)

Teamworker = Allric

Embodiment = Index out of Range Error (Nobody)
"Mi pensas, ke mia simio metis sian piedon en vian trinkaĵon."
Neniam dividu la adventurgrupon.
"Ĉu vi volas koboldojn? Ĉar tiel estas kiel oni akiras koboldojn!"

Return to “Torchbearer: Scoundrels”