Session 3: The Dwarven Monastery

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Session 3: The Dwarven Monastery

#141 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

As Aoife clears the larger masonry from their companions, Rabon shifts stones around to recover items that were on the disc. He grumbles about almost losing so many items of value. C'mon folks. This stuff's unique, which means it'll be worth a mint. We gotta be more careful with it. Also, there's that plague an' them poor folks what need a cure for it. The rogue dusts off each item and makes a neat pile.

Once done, he reassess the lingering tendrils of darkness. Know what? Let's get somewheres we can boil that water we collected. I'm parched somethin' fierce.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#142 Post by Marullus »

Allric continues abjuring the darkness until everyone and everything is recovered. He speaks back over his shoulder, "Aiofe, thank you for that impressive work. You have a large sack, yes? If Rabon could use it for those goods... Thag, could you secure that sleeping chamber just south there? It seems safer, if we can bar that door."

BillTheGalacticHero
Ranger
Ranger

#143 Post by BillTheGalacticHero »

Rabon, may I borrow the pole again? I'm worried that the kobold may have retrapped that room.

Using the pole, I test the door, pushing it open. Then checking the door frame extra closely before entering the room, remembering the anvil trap last time.

Scout-3 +1D pole for Obs ???

Ludanto
Ranger
Ranger

#144 Post by Ludanto »

The dead bird and the flatware are gone, but there are no Traits and no kobolds, it seems.

shroomofinsanity
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#145 Post by shroomofinsanity »

Berry sees that the party wishes to camp in the two rooms that are used by kobolds on occasion. He decides that since he failed to protect Allric, he can at least make the camp safe. He receives advice from Thag on how to survey and secure a campsite, find kindling and the like, however his urge to defend the others from something makes him hasty.
: survivalist 3D +1D for help -1D for defender [1d6] = 2 [1d6] = 3 [1d6] = 5
Yay, one success >.>

Ludanto
Ranger
Ranger

#146 Post by Ludanto »

Everyone stands in the hall while Berry and Thag move the furniture around, lay out bedrolls, and generally make the small pair of rooms into a decent campsite.

Unfortunately, the commotion has drawn a curious pair of kobolds. They come around the corner, near the rubble pile and when they see you, they hiss menacingly and threaten you with their spears.

shroomofinsanity
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#147 Post by shroomofinsanity »

Berry steps forward and tries to defuse the situation with a litany of gestures, his holy symbol aglow as he channels the Lords to try and speak to their minds and hearts.
so 5 will, halved, plus 1d for trait
[1d6] = 3 [1d6] = 4 [1d6] = 4[1d6] = 5 looks like 3 successes. Seems good I hope

Ludanto
Ranger
Ranger

#148 Post by Ludanto »

OOC
Kommunicating with Kobolds: [1d6] = 1,[1d6] = 2,[1d6] = 2,[1d6] = 3
Woo hoo! Berry's instinct saves everybody from the Grind!
The kobolds carefully approach as Berry gestures and speaks softly to them, but the effect is negligible until he pulls out his holy symbol. The monsters hiss in anger, and then with a shared glance to each other, turn and flee down the hall and back into the darkness!

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#149 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Rabon sticks to the shadows as Berry treats with the kobolds. When they turn and flee, he slaps Berry on the back.Attaboy, Berry. It don't seem like you made them friends, but will get a decent sleep at any rate. He heads into the room and stokes up the fire, preparing a bed of coals for cooking.

Any reason to hold off on camp instincts?

Ludanto
Ranger
Ranger

#150 Post by Ludanto »

(You're good to go. Camp Phase initiated!)

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#151 Post by Marullus »

Though in poor shape, Allric looks at Aiofe consideringly. The dwarf proved stalwart and deserves aid, who is he to refuse due to his own aches and complaints? He opens his case of ingredients and glassware and begins picking over ingredients to find the right mixture to concoct and restore the dwarf's sense of courage.

The veteran snake oil salesman considers as he works... This might not be a chemical solution as much, as rattled nerves are soothed as well by placebo as ungent. "Come, Aiofe..." he leans forward and beckons her over. "This potion is special; just for you. To restore you, it must contain a link to your own past... Imbue you with the essence of your ancestors.
For that, that great supply of courage, I require... A hair from your own beard."
when supplied, he pointedly adds it to the elixir as a finishing touch so Aiofe can see it done. The old man then smiles comfortingly and offers the bubbling flask to the dwarf to drink.

3D Alchemist +1D Thoughtful -1D Injured
Elixir for Afraid Ob2 +1Ob for Exhausted
3D vs Ob3
[1d6] = 4 [1d6] = 5 [1d6] = 1

One Fate for Deeper Understanding with Gullible-Mark Wise.
[1d6] = 3
One persona for Of Course!
[1d6] = 2 of course!

2 success.

Ludanto
Ranger
Ranger

#152 Post by Ludanto »

Aoife imbibes the elixer and ... nothing seems to happen. Although she does now have a hair in her mouth. Ew.

jhrrsn
Tracker
Tracker

#153 Post by jhrrsn »

(1 Check) Testing to recover Afraid on my own: 3D Will + 1D Scarred + 1D Persona = 5D

[1d6] = 4, [1d6] = 5, [1d6] = 5, [1d6] = 6, [1d6] = 6 = 5 Successes!

Aoife feels nothing as the lukewarm broth runs down her throat. However, the fact that she has people around her who care enough to try is enough to steel her resolve. After a deep breath, she exhales and stops trembling. Thank you Allric. I feel much better now. She smiles warmly at the old man.

Rabon, let me take a look at that helmet!

(Instinct) Armourer 2: [1d6] = 4, [1d6] = 5 = 2 Successes! (I believe it was Ob. 1 last time).
Aoife Kearney || Torchbearer: Scoundrels

Ludanto
Ranger
Ranger

#154 Post by Ludanto »

Aoife manages to bang Rabon's helmet back into shape.
"Mi pensas, ke mia simio metis sian piedon en vian trinkaĵon."
Neniam dividu la adventurgrupon.
"Ĉu vi volas koboldojn? Ĉar tiel estas kiel oni akiras koboldojn!"

shroomofinsanity
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#155 Post by shroomofinsanity »

Berry approaches Allric Ok Mr. Allric,
I am going to try my best to help you out
Looking at the injury, Berry winced but pulls out his bandages and needle and thread. Seeing that his initial work didn't cut it, he reasses his use of herbs and has Allric help by keeping still...
so healer 3D vs. Ob 3 +1D for help,
And reroll 1 failed die for 1 fate [1d6] = 2 [1d6] = 3 [1d6] = 5 : [1d6] = 3 [1d6] = 4 so only 2 total successes.
Last edited by shroomofinsanity on Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#156 Post by Marullus »

Allric hisses in pain during the ministration, reaching into his own case of vials, pulling forth a pouch of deep-orange dried petals. "Have... ouch! Have you considered the efficacy of soaking poultices in Calendula? It's will speed healing and reduce scarring, I'd reckon... I don't fancy these tentacle chew mark scars in my beard..." He offers the petals and alchemical advice to Berry to aid the treatment of his facial injuries.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#157 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Rabon pulls out some preserved rations and starts preparing what he hopes will be a fine stew for himself and his companions. As he prepares the food, he starts by boiling the water (for 5 minutes) from the well to purify it. Once that is completed he sets the water aside to cool, then makes soup.

I'll hold off on rolling for this until berry's roll is fully resolved.

Ludanto
Ranger
Ranger

#158 Post by Ludanto »

Despite his best effort, Berry doesn't kill Allric, but the wound isn't bound well, and will leave poor Allric with a weird, circular scar.
"Mi pensas, ke mia simio metis sian piedon en vian trinkaĵon."
Neniam dividu la adventurgrupon.
"Ĉu vi volas koboldojn? Ĉar tiel estas kiel oni akiras koboldojn!"

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#159 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

What's the Ob for boiling water and cooking?

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#160 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Rabon boils the water and sets it aside. Then he boils more water and adds preserved rations. He is clearly distratcted by Berry's bumbling attempts to mend Allric. There's no telling what may come of his endeavors, but Rabon feels like he has learned something and become a slightly better cook.

Ob3 vs Cook 2: [1d6] = 4, [1d6] = 5
So close! :lol:
If one (or both) of those had been a 6, I'd have spent the Fate to see if he could make it.

Return to “Torchbearer: Scoundrels”