Session 3: The Dwarven Monastery

BillTheGalacticHero
Ranger
Ranger

Re: Session 3: The Dwarven Monastery

#41 Post by BillTheGalacticHero »

Well, there's nothing we can do further for them, to give them a proper burial would take too much time. We still have the darken alter room to explore, and the basement below Greygrim's den.

Shall we prepare ourselves for the darkness? We have the lantern burning, so we'll have light for a while.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#42 Post by Marullus »

Allric pats Berry on the shoulder. "It is a good thing,
calling on your Lords of Light here. Maybe they'll have something to say about demihumans yet."
He bends in to give him private advice in a low tone. "Confidence, Berry. If you wish to cow the undead or threaten demons into submission before you and your Powers, you need to first show confidence. You have the Lords behind you - that's no small thing." He nods firmly and offers the lad a smile.

"Rabon? You opening those cells or leaving them be?" asks Allric.

He responds to Thag, "Lead to the chapel next.
Berry is ready, I think, to lead us in."

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#43 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

That was a, uhh... moving speech, Berry. Good work, that. Maybe some day you'll do the same for me, but not too soon, I hope. Rabon offers a smile that might be genuine, though it's hard to say. He smiles again at Allric. Yeah. Just give me a moment here. After taking back the 10'pole, he sets to work, inspecting cracks between floor stones, then looking for lose bricks inside and outside the cells. He searches the corpses for valuables, then their furniture, including mattresses. Finally, he searches the low ceilings for any signs of hiding places.

Scout 4 + 1D for the pole.

BillTheGalacticHero
Ranger
Ranger

#44 Post by BillTheGalacticHero »

Here's your pole Rabon. Do you want some help searching?

Ludanto
Ranger
Ranger

#45 Post by Ludanto »

Rabon feels and taps about the corridor, but doesn't find anything hidden. When he tries the first cell, the metal crumbles in his hand, the lock falls away and what remains of the cell gate creaks open with a deafening, metallic shriek.

As if awoken by the noise, the skeleton in the cell jerks its head in Rabon's direction and fumbles unsteadily to its feet. Blue pinpoints of light burn in its empty eyes sockets. The skeleton is unarmed, and clad only in the remnants of its old clothes and a smith's apron. It stretches its talon-like finger-bones toward Rabon, reaching out to end his life!

You all can hear stirrings from the other cells, though you can't see through the stone walls that divide them.

The dwarven skeleton lunges toward Rabon!

BillTheGalacticHero
Ranger
Ranger

#46 Post by BillTheGalacticHero »

Look out Rabon! It's still feisty!

shroomofinsanity
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#47 Post by shroomofinsanity »

Stay back friends Berry states with a commanding tone. The Lords of Life and Death have something to say about these dead who can't rest!
I was wondering if I can use my miracle here, and add my defender trait, since I'm literally doing that?

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#48 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Rabon jumps backwards, the 10' pole swinging wildly in one hand as he reaches for Skyfall. Gaaah! That prayer didn't work, Berry! Try another one! Rabon pushes back toward the secret door they came through.

If everyone files out, we can just lock these things in here. ;)

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#49 Post by Marullus »

Allric backs up Berry, raising his wizarding staff, his own booming voice adding to the cleric's words, hoping to bolster the perceived impact against the simple spirits that animate these forms. (+1D Help with Gullible Mark-wise.)

shroomofinsanity
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#50 Post by shroomofinsanity »

Hoping he won't screw up the one thing he is supposed to be here for, Berry spreads his arms almost into an embrace, his holy symbol glowing with hot, golden light. Begone foul servant of the forces of darkness, For I, Berenwald, Servant of the Lords of Life and Death, will suffer your presence here no longer! As he declares his prayer, he begins to walk forward as if he is welcoming the skeleton into his arms
Friends, do not touch the foul creature, or the affect of my power is broken!

[1d6] = 2 [1d6] = 3 [1d6] = 5[1d6] = 4[1d6] = 5

3 successes! Yeah, go Berry!

Ludanto
Ranger
Ranger

#51 Post by Ludanto »

The skeleton shields its eyeholes and cowers, shuffling away to the rear of the cell, hunched over like a frightened goblin!

With all of Berry's splendor, you almost don't notice as two more skeletons claw their way through the corroded bars of their cells and lurch down the corridor toward you, their movements jerky and unnatural.

BillTheGalacticHero
Ranger
Ranger

#52 Post by BillTheGalacticHero »

Berry! Here comes two more! Can you do that again?

jhrrsn
Tracker
Tracker

#53 Post by jhrrsn »

From now on, can we bloody well leave dead bodies well alone!
Aoife Kearney || Torchbearer: Scoundrels

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#54 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Now behind Berry, Rabon points out that he never got near the bodies. Even as he cowers behind the cleric, his eyes continue to search for hidey holes, knowing that undead would be good guards for valuables. Get 'em, Berry!

Don't forget to mark a passed test, Shroom. Also, Ludanto, what was the ruling on Berry tapping his demanding nature?

You know that, if this works, Rabon is going to loot this room, right? :P

shroomofinsanity
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#55 Post by shroomofinsanity »

Berry stands in front of his allies again and becomes oddly forceful Get out of the
way friends
Berry yells Now as for you mockeries of Life, you WILL LEAVE THIS PLACE AND MY FRIENDS ALONE! By the Lords of Life and Death, I condemn you slaves of darkness to be removed from my sight and NEVER RETURN! anyone near Berry can see the sweat pouring off his brow as his symbol glows and is reflected in the empty sockets of the dead creatures.

so that's ritualist 4, defender, and spent a persona for my demanding nature of 3 looks good boys.
[1d6] = 3 [1d6] = 4 [1d6] = 4[1d6] = 5[1d6] = 6 [1d6] = 5 [1d6] = 1 [1d6] = 2

BillTheGalacticHero
Ranger
Ranger

#56 Post by BillTheGalacticHero »

I get out of the way in case the skellies want to run out of the room.

Ludanto
Ranger
Ranger

#57 Post by Ludanto »

The skeletons recoil at Berry's command. The hall is too narrow for them to escape, so they flee to the farthest cell and out of sight. You can hear their finger bones scrabbling at the stone walls.

shroomofinsanity
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#58 Post by shroomofinsanity »

Berry sinks against a wall, breathing hard.That's the most divine power I've ever channeled at one time. But we are safe for now.

jhrrsn
Tracker
Tracker

#59 Post by jhrrsn »

Aoife makes a mental note to take Berry a little more seriously in future - or at least his temper...
Aoife Kearney || Torchbearer: Scoundrels

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#60 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Rabon slips past the now-flagging Berry, Hey pal, don't let yer guard down now. The skellies might'a been guarding somethin'. Just a quick peek through as we leave, is all. Whistling merrily, Rabon returns to the first cell and searches it for loose stones or other signs of hidden things. He repeats with the other empty cell. When he looks into the third cell, he pouts, wishing there was some way to get the undead to move out of his way. He decides not to press his luck though and leaves them alone.

Return to “Torchbearer: Scoundrels”