Session 3: The Dwarven Monastery

Ludanto
Ranger
Ranger

Re: Session 3: The Dwarven Monastery

#221 Post by Ludanto »

It takes quite a while, but eventually Rabon finds a smallish depiction of a crafting dwarf and carves it from the window. The air outside is cool and crisp, and he is able to poke his head out of the oppressive darkness and into the light when he is done. Beyond is the forest. Something crunches loudly in the distance, and a flock of birds erupts from the trees with angry chirping, eventually settling back into the treetops a safe distance away.

Slightly trickier is getting the artwork down, as it is large and fragile, but calling back one of the others to help him, Rabon passes it down successfully.

The stained-glass detail is Hands 2 or Pack 4.

BillTheGalacticHero
Ranger
Ranger

#222 Post by BillTheGalacticHero »

Comrades, I feel that we should go vanquish those skeletons. Berry may have cowed them, but the have not been destroyed. Once we leave this place whomever controls them will be free to loose them to cause more mischief. We should destroy them to give them their final lasting peace and deny their master their use for evil.

Y'all look refreshed and rested, so now is the time to strike. Who's in with me?

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#223 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Rabon follows hesitantly. You sure 'bout this, Thag? Back where I come from we got lots of sayings about "lettin' sleepin' dogs lie," and such. Seeing the others follow, he joins in line.

shroomofinsanity
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#224 Post by shroomofinsanity »

Looking worried, Berry also states Well I suppose it is a way to purge this place of further threats for future expeditions.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#225 Post by Marullus »

Allric takes up the rear. "If it gets past all of you,
I figure we are all in trouble."

Ludanto
Ranger
Ranger

#226 Post by Ludanto »

Who has what light?

BillTheGalacticHero
Ranger
Ranger

#227 Post by BillTheGalacticHero »

I lead the party back to the holding cell.

Rabon, Berry, I don't think we will need both lanterns, shut one off to conserve our oil. If Allric's magicks provide enough light we can shut both off.

Reaching the outer cell I place my backpack in a corner, out of the way.

Allric, send one of your motes this way so I can peek into the inner cell.

I carefully and slowly open the secret door just enough to peek into the room.

Are the skeletons still cowering in the back, or have the returned to their cells?

Ludanto
Ranger
Ranger

#228 Post by Ludanto »

From the doorway, Thag can see into the chamber, but the walls separating each cell are solid stone, and he can't see into any but the first cell from this angle. The first cell, however, is still empty.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#229 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Rabon gladly lights his lantern, standing behind Thag to shed light for the would-be aggressor.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#230 Post by Marullus »

Allric stands at the rear and directs his magic forward instead of his frail old body. His three motes dance into the chamber, illuminating down the row and into each cell.

BillTheGalacticHero
Ranger
Ranger

#231 Post by BillTheGalacticHero »

Aoife, Rabon, are we going to fight them? Berry, do ye want to fight, or do ye wish to stay out here with Allric?

There were three of them I believe, one for each of us.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#232 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Rabon rolls his eyes at his forgetting about the motes. He douses his lantern and hefts both his axe and dagger. I like the odds better if the cleric is with us. He cowed 'em before.

Can't remember if he can dual-wield weapons... If so, he will. If not, he'll just hold the axe,
which is likely what he will use anyhow.

shroomofinsanity
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#233 Post by shroomofinsanity »

My powers stretch only so far as to send them running, I was taught that the power is broken once we commit violence on them, but I will help you smite these servants of darkness. Berry shrugs off his pack, hefts his shield up, guarding himself and the lantern. Before they descend, he gives his cloth around his arm a part, to help steel his nerves.

BillTheGalacticHero
Ranger
Ranger

#234 Post by BillTheGalacticHero »

I'm hoping yer powers still hold sway over them, so we can back them into a corner, maybe gain an advantage over them before we strike. Once we attack we'll lose that of course.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#235 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Rabon suggests coating the floor of their cell and burning them. It'd be a fare-sight safer.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#236 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

nudge. Is it just the holidays decreasing activity? Or is there something else? If else, let's talk so we can revive this.
Last edited by Rusty Tincanne on Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shroomofinsanity
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#237 Post by shroomofinsanity »

Idk, I'm waiting to see someone comment on the oil thing, but end of year does tens to eat people's time.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#238 Post by Marullus »

Our last two flasks of oil are currently in the lanterns. We don't have any oil to pour on the floor, and if you don't put out the lanterns (saving them) and rely on the Motes, then we won't have any ability to re-enter the darkened chapel.

We've described our Light (three motes), we've described entering to look into the cells, we have the fighters at the front and committed to a Kill conflict. I think we're just waiting on Ludanto to post the action.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#239 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Rusty Tincanne wrote:Rabon rolls his eyes at his forgetting about the motes. He douses his lantern and...
Rabon's was doused. Berry will need to post his own action for it.

In the hopes that this just needs a bit of a shove to bring it back to life in the new year:

Knowing Thag, Aoife and Berry are right behind him, Rabon's courage is bolstered. He pads quietly down the cell block, using the motes, directed by his old friend, Allric, to light up each cell. He hopes all three skeletons are cowering in the same cell still, but doesn't count on it. If they are all together, Rabon advances, axe in one hand, a dagger in the other.

BillTheGalacticHero
Ranger
Ranger

#240 Post by BillTheGalacticHero »

I've got your back.

I leave my pack in the outer room and follow Rabon into the cell chamber, sword drawn and ready.

Return to “Torchbearer: Scoundrels”