Session 1: The Dwarven Monastery

Ludanto
Ranger
Ranger

Re: Session 1: The Dwarven Monastery

#201 Post by Ludanto »

You know what, I do believe that Laborer would help in this case. Otherwise, just Scout.

And yes, you said you were looking for treasure, so you're the guy.

jhrrsn
Tracker
Tracker

#202 Post by jhrrsn »

Aoife is happy to help with looking for loot, she has Scout 2
Aoife Kearney || Torchbearer: Scoundrels

BillTheGalacticHero
Ranger
Ranger

#203 Post by BillTheGalacticHero »

I'm using the tip of my walking stick to brush aside webs, prodding lumps under the webs, but respectfully towards any humanoid skeletons.

I'm adding a die with my Scout ability.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#204 Post by Marullus »

Allric has neither scout nor Laborer to help with.

Leaving the purging of webbing and the handling of the dessicated remains to the peasants, Allric continues to focus on the outside of the tower. He marches his motes in a wider circle, making sure the outside of the tower has been checked as well as the courtyard.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#205 Post by ffilz »

Galen will brush away cobwebs in search of something interesting. He will use his dagger if necessary. If there are crates, he will use his dagger to pry them open.
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

BillTheGalacticHero
Ranger
Ranger

#206 Post by BillTheGalacticHero »

Allric, for any of your spells require spider webs? We can save you some.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#207 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Nothing ventured, nothing gained: Is there a +1D for using a torch or candle in this effort?

Pending that answer, the roll will be: 3D (scout) +1D (rough hands) +2D (Aoife and Thag) = 6D. But for some reason I am thinking I cannot use that trait in favor of myself twice in a session. Is that right?

Ludanto
Ranger
Ranger

#208 Post by Ludanto »

OOC
No bonus for the candle. And you are correct that you may not use a (level 1) trait for a bonus twice in a session.

Also, it looks like Galen jumped in.

So, 3D (scout) + 3D (Aoife and Thag and Galen) = 6D.

If this gets close, and it's important to you, remember that you can spend a Fate point to reroll 6s.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#209 Post by ffilz »

Ludanto wrote:OOC
No bonus for the candle. And you are correct that you may not use a (level 1) trait for a bonus twice in a session.

Also, it looks like Galen jumped in.

So, 3D (scout) + 3D (Aoife and Thag and Galen) = 6D.

If this gets close, and it's important to you, remember that you can spend a Fate point to reroll 6s.
We also still have Fresh right...
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

Ludanto
Ranger
Ranger

#210 Post by Ludanto »

Oops. Yes. Fresh
"Mi pensas, ke mia simio metis sian piedon en vian trinkaĵon."
Neniam dividu la adventurgrupon.
"Ĉu vi volas koboldojn? Ĉar tiel estas kiel oni akiras koboldojn!"

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#211 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Rabon, Aoife, Thag and Galen take to the room in a coordinated effort to greatly reduce the creep factor from the second floor of the building. With the lackluster performance of the candle, the foursome quickly switch to staffs, poles or other chunks of wood to remove the copious webbing. Once the level is free enough to move in, they use the same items to carefully prod the floorboards, walls and boxes, ever hopeful of finding gems, coins, antiques, or anything else of possible value.

Ob3 vs 6D [1d6] = 6, [1d6] = 1, [1d6] = 3, [1d6] = 2, [1d6] = 3, [1d6] = 5
Fate reroll [1d6] = 6

*facepalm*
If you're feeling generous, that Fate reroll should probably have been 1D for Fresh. Then I could use the Fate on an instinct roll later.

Ludanto
Ranger
Ranger

#212 Post by Ludanto »

OOC
Of course I'm generous! Everybody knows how awesome I am. :) Anyway, you rolled 7D, which is what you should have rolled to begin with, so it's a wash.

NO FATE SPENT!
In the various crates and barrels here, amongst the junk and odds and ends, you find another length of rope that's still good. You also find several helmets and shields, but they're all garbage. Despite the obvious Dwarven designs, it's like they just stopped trying. They were worthless even before the rust set in. However, one helmet and one shield aren't as bad. They're a Dwarven embarrassment, but a human wouldn't really notice.

Also, in the halfling's rotted pack (It was a halfling. It had to be.) You find a small weapon maintenance kit. A little stone and a little cloth and some oils in an inlaid box.

It's "supplies" for the Fighter skill. One use. Hone your weapons before a fight.

What now?

BillTheGalacticHero
Ranger
Ranger

#213 Post by BillTheGalacticHero »

OOC
I can not use the helmet, not sure about the shield, the Strider sheet does not say anything about them. Aoife should get the rope, to replace the one she used, if she can't recover it.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#214 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Rabon blows the dust off the helmet, knocks it a few times, then places it on his head to check the fit.It's a start, I s'pose. But a bit disappointing, really. I thought dwarf weaponry was supposed to be really fantastic.... If no one else lays claim to it, he places the weapon kit on his quarrel.

Likely someone else will get more is from it, but it needs to be carried. Consider it community property.

jhrrsn
Tracker
Tracker

#215 Post by jhrrsn »

Yeuuch. Aoife makes a pained face. Rabon, the dwarf who made this was some lethal combination of blind, heartbroken and drunk. Even still, the inimitable Calbhan the Loveless made his best work during his famous benders! Anyway, if you need anyone to fix up that junk, let me know.

Are we done in the tower? I can't help but shake the feeling that there must be more to it, but maybe it is really just a terrible old building covered in cobwebs!
Aoife Kearney || Torchbearer: Scoundrels

shroomofinsanity
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#216 Post by shroomofinsanity »

Hey guys sorry I've been absent, my phone is supposed to send me notifications when posts happen x.x

Berry concerned himself wholly with discovering if the form in his arms was a child or not. Once he sees the truth he is slightly relieved that it was an adult but spends a few minutes in prayer to the Lords to ease the poor soul's journey.

On finishing he sees his allies pillaging the room, at first he is aghast at their behavior, but reasons that the living can make better use of what's here.

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone was going to use that shield? If not, I could give it a whirl.

BillTheGalacticHero
Ranger
Ranger

#217 Post by BillTheGalacticHero »

We still need to see what we can find downstairs.

All we did was get a few crate slats, but does that count as searching everything?

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#218 Post by Marullus »

Allric nods for Berry to take the shield. "None better for it."

Resigning himself to finding nothing threatening from his vantage at the windows and his motes now beginning to fade, he turns back to the group. "Berry, let's have you light that lantern awhile, as well. Everyone back down below. We can check it more closely and rest if needed. Ot would be good to begin the map, at least. I can't see the wolves, so perhaps we can cross the courtyard and check the main building."

shroomofinsanity
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#219 Post by shroomofinsanity »

Thank you Mr. Allric. Berry says with reverence. He takes up a defensive position near Allric and lights his lantern.

Ludanto
Ranger
Ranger

#220 Post by Ludanto »

With the party well lit again, you carefully climb back down the stairs and turn your attention to the piles of junk left behind when the crates were dismantled. It takes a few minutes of digging and sorting, but it soon becomes apparent that there's nothing else here of value.

What now?

Return to “Torchbearer: Scoundrels”