OOC Discussion (Session 1 & 2)

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC Discussion

#201 Post by Marullus »

Camp is assumed lit by a campfire. The lantern is not expended during camp.

BillTheGalacticHero
Ranger
Ranger

#202 Post by BillTheGalacticHero »

I still have a torch lit, two more turns I believe.

Ludanto
Ranger
Ranger

#203 Post by Ludanto »

After confronting the wolf and Allric searching the desk, that's two turns. Your torch would have been used up by now.
"Mi pensas, ke mia simio metis sian piedon en vian trinkaĵon."
Neniam dividu la adventurgrupon.
"Ĉu vi volas koboldojn? Ĉar tiel estas kiel oni akiras koboldojn!"

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#204 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

I see Berry still has the Vapor of Bravery listed in his pack, but it is long since used, leaving him an open slot. Would he be willing to put Rabon's wineskin in his pack so Rabon can use our new axe?

If not, who else might have some space? Once Rabon cooks us a meal, he will have space again.

BillTheGalacticHero
Ranger
Ranger

#205 Post by BillTheGalacticHero »

Ok, I'll concede that my torch is used up. Do I have enough light from Allric's sprites, or do I lose a die?

If I do then I still got one success. I don't know what the Obs was so I can't record either a success or failure yet.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#206 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

ou should have had enough, since Allric sent 2 orbs inside to offer light.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#207 Post by Marullus »

Bill -
Also, Exhausted is +1Ob, not -1D. You shouldn't remove dice from your pool for exhausted. You roll all the dice but require an extra success.

shroomofinsanity
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#208 Post by shroomofinsanity »

Oh, sorry, I forgot about the vapor. If I just tell me what I'm putting in it's place.

Ludanto
Ranger
Ranger

#209 Post by Ludanto »

Actually, the whole thing is kind of a mess, and I'm not sure how best to address it.

Thag's Instinct to "scout ahead" I'm taking to mean moving ahead of the group, outside of the light, in order to sneak up on and spot hidden enemies.
(Or, he can stay in the light and not be penalized, but will have no chance of surprising any foes.)

Also, no test was called for, so there shouldn't have been a test.

However, Bill described Thag as searching the entire room anyway, so here's how I'm going to handle it. I hope it isn't too much of a burden.

Since he already rolled, and it was a success anyway, Thag's test stands, but uses up a turn.

This feels like the only way to fix this without a massive rollback.

Thank you.

BillTheGalacticHero
Ranger
Ranger

#210 Post by BillTheGalacticHero »

Marullus wrote:Bill -
Also, Exhausted is +1Ob, not -1D. You shouldn't remove dice from your pool for exhausted. You roll all the dice but require an extra success.
OK, I'm still learning. I'll go and update the post.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#211 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Thag should borrow the 10' pole next time for +1D with scouting tests. ;)

It seems to me that light should be handled as described in each scene. Didnt the light help with finding the spider, eliminating its surprise? (Though the narrative would have change dramatically had the test been failed.) In this instance, Marullus had indicated there would be light.

I dont know what to say about the roll other than Bill should have waited for an Ob before making it. If he had failed the test and it wasnt an instinct, then the rest of us could have helped in some way, adding dice to the pool and making it possible to earn a check. Thag could have added 1D from Rabon, 1D from the pole and I think 1D from another person. I don't recall if lighting was an issue, but that would easily have been mitigated. And Thag could have earned a check. So despite all best efforts, it seems a rollback could be in order. Then again, if you had determined no test was needed, then we could just ignore the roll/advancement to the grind and take it as alesson learned not to roll preemptively.

As an aside, Rabon won't scout ahead because it would be another test, advancing the grind. He is seeking treasure when leaving rooms now. But as i said, that is seeming pointless if initial scouting ismturning up loot! :?

Ludanto
Ranger
Ranger

#212 Post by Ludanto »

Yeah, sorry Rusty. I kind of messed up. Things got to be kind of a jumble there.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#213 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

No worries Ludanto! I was just pointing out an alternate model of what might have happened. I was very tired at the time and should have made it clearer that you're the GM, so if you say it's a test and that is how it is, then I am totally fine by that. :)

BillTheGalacticHero
Ranger
Ranger

#214 Post by BillTheGalacticHero »

I have 1 check. I don't think we have enough to alleviate everyone. In hindsight, I should have taken a -1D in Scouting the last room.
Are we going to do minor in the next adventure phase and earn checks? Armour test to try to make bolts for the crossbow, Scavenger or Hunting to gain some fresh food, etc?

Ludanto
Ranger
Ranger

#215 Post by Ludanto »

I don't think Aoife has the raw materials or facilities to make crossbow bolts.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#216 Post by Marullus »

BillTheGalacticHero wrote:I have 1 check. I don't think we have enough to alleviate everyone. In hindsight, I should have taken a -1D in Scouting the last room.
Are we going to do minor in the next adventure phase and earn checks? Armour test to try to make bolts for the crossbow, Scavenger or Hunting to gain some fresh food, etc?
Well, you DID take -1D, just thinking it was for Exhausted. Ludento, since it was goofy, can he say it was for a Check?

Ludanto
Ranger
Ranger

#217 Post by Ludanto »

A. Yes. Thag's retroactive Trait use is go. I guess maybe he was tired from getting up so early? (You bunch of cheaters! ;) )

B. Upon further consideration, Aoife could make ONE crossbow bolt on the fly, if she wants.

C. Of course, Aoife's instinct is to mend things in camp, though, so making a crossbow bolt would cost a Check.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#218 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Ludanto is managing to play both good cop and bad cop there. I'm so confused! :|

Were all of Thag's rations ruined or just the ones in the quiver? Or did he only have rations in the quiver?

Ludanto
Ranger
Ranger

#219 Post by Ludanto »

Rusty Tincanne wrote:Ludanto is managing to play both good cop and bad cop there. I'm so confused! :|
I need a way to "like" or "+1" this. :)

I think Thag only had rations in his quiver, but if there were more in his pack, they would have gotten that, too. So...

BillTheGalacticHero
Ranger
Ranger

#220 Post by BillTheGalacticHero »

I had two helpings of preserved rations in the quiver - some pemmican and desecrated vegetables.

Return to “Torchbearer: Scoundrels”