OOC Discussion (Session 1 & 2)

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC Discussion

#81 Post by Marullus »

BillTheGalacticHero wrote:I doubt if there is any potable water in the tower, unless there's a rain collection barrel.
You can do the roll and let the GM decide. :) He gave you permission. Who knows? Maybe a well pump, an old pipe, a collection barrel, even a supply of Dwarven beer long forgotten!

The main point is, his instinct is to check. Checking gives you a Survivalist test. Tests increase your skill over time. Make the tests.

If you're concerned about the water thing, I strongly suggest considering changing your instinct. "Always make camp safe" would be very valuable and more clearly of use. It is a different Survivalist test, has a clear trigger (making camp) and will likely save our lives from disaster.

BillTheGalacticHero
Ranger
Ranger

#82 Post by BillTheGalacticHero »

Earlier you had suggested "Always scout ahead", which would be better?

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#83 Post by Marullus »

On the other thread you said you're picking "always scout ahead." I think that's fine. It should allow an Instinct Scout-based test any time there is something that could be revealed by scouting - an ambush, a trap, etc. Even if there is a surprise monster from a twist, it has to beat your instinct Scout test before it is actually a surprise.

Instincts need to be done alone unless someone else has a related instinct. It looks like Rabon's instinct to "Always check for traps when entering a new area" would easily overlap. If there's a trap test, you both get to work together on it. (If it's a monster ambush, I'd say you do it alone.)

BillTheGalacticHero
Ranger
Ranger

#84 Post by BillTheGalacticHero »

OK, that works for me.

shroomofinsanity
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#85 Post by shroomofinsanity »

So in case anyone was curious, I am really trying to show how just not ready for the rough life of adventuring Berry is. He will more than likely make mistakes and errors all due to his inexperience, as the scoundrels group is his first real foray into the truly dangerous lands.

He is constantly seeking mentors and people to talk to, but if that becomes annoying to any of the players, let me know and I will dial it back, as I have never played this kind of wide eyed kid before and working on getting his voice right as a contrast to all these rough and learned peoples that may or may not be out for various types of blood.

jhrrsn
Tracker
Tracker

#86 Post by jhrrsn »

I imagine Aoife know the Auspice family crest well, including its motto. Maybe something easily misconstrued by young Berry, like 'Providence Through Purity' (per providentiam castitate).
Aoife Kearney || Torchbearer: Scoundrels

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#87 Post by Marullus »

I love the way both Berry and Aiofe are being played. :) The RP here has been great!

Ludanto
Ranger
Ranger

#88 Post by Ludanto »

Just realized that you guys got lucky! I forgot about Order of Might. The spider should have hit Aoife for 2 damage. There would have been a compromise.
"Mi pensas, ke mia simio metis sian piedon en vian trinkaĵon."
Neniam dividu la adventurgrupon.
"Ĉu vi volas koboldojn? Ĉar tiel estas kiel oni akiras koboldojn!"

jhrrsn
Tracker
Tracker

#89 Post by jhrrsn »

Phew! Haha.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#90 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Ludanto wrote:Take note that all characters will start with 2 Fate points and 1 Persona point.
Did anyone else miss this post? Glad to hear it. I think it is an awesome house rule! I've played TB twice (both via PBP) and never got to level up. It is exciting to see that we might if this turns into a campaign?

Also, I'll roll those dice as soon as I find the campaign ID again...

Ludanto
Ranger
Ranger

#91 Post by Ludanto »

BillTheGalacticHero
Ranger
Ranger

#92 Post by BillTheGalacticHero »

Wolf howling getting closer? I'm glad we got the door shut.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#93 Post by Marullus »

Questions for Ludanto:
My Light spell was successful at an Ob to last three turns. We had two turns before camp. Is it still good for one turn after camp?
(It is providing full light for three PCs and Dim Light for three PCs, covering the whole party.)
Also, you mentioned narratively that the sun set. Does that mean that we no longer have natural Dim Light here?

Ludanto
Ranger
Ranger

#94 Post by Ludanto »

Yeah, I thought about that, and there was wording to the effect of "lasting a number of turns in the adventure phase", but nothing definitive. So, a judgement call. If you'd camped out until morning, maybe I'd suggest that the lights were no more, but for the couple of hours or less that maybe passed, I'd let it go.

In short, yes. One more turn of magical light.

And yes, with night having fallen, there's no more natural dim light. Just darkness (which was a Twist, actually.)

jhrrsn
Tracker
Tracker

#95 Post by jhrrsn »

Rusty Tincanne wrote:
Ludanto wrote:Take note that all characters will start with 2 Fate points and 1 Persona point.
Did anyone else miss this post? Glad to hear it. I think it is an awesome house rule! I've played TB twice (both via PBP) and never got to level up. It is exciting to see that we might if this turns into a campaign?

Also, I'll roll those dice as soon as I find the campaign ID again...
Yes! I totally missed this. Very cool.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#96 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Ludanto wrote:Just darkness (which was a Twist, actually.)
Twist? I thought that was the result of a failed test. Did we fail any tests yet? (If so, I hadn't noticed; likely because of the posting pace.)

And thanks for pointing out that I have Peasant 2. I knew that, but I was posting on a phone and, with a migraine last night, was having difficulty keeping track of several threads. 1 flask of oil has been marked off.

Ludanto
Ranger
Ranger

#97 Post by Ludanto »

Galen flubbed his Cartographer test earlier.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#98 Post by ffilz »

Ludanto wrote:Galen flubbed his Cartographer test earlier.
Apparently I forgot my +1D for Fresh... ah well...
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#99 Post by ffilz »

Love the text adventure style report on the room...
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

Ludanto
Ranger
Ranger

#100 Post by Ludanto »

Thanks! I was in a mood. :)

Return to “Torchbearer: Scoundrels”