OOC Discussion (Session 1 & 2)

jhrrsn
Tracker
Tracker

Re: OOC Discussion

#121 Post by jhrrsn »

Hey team, I'm at a festival this weekend so I might be a little more intermittent than normal. Suffice to say I'll help with any task that benefits the group as a whole!
Aoife Kearney || Torchbearer: Scoundrels

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#122 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

I'll also be gone to a camping festival this weekend and won't have any cell reception until Sunday night. But then I'll be unpacking, so don't count on me chiming in until Monday. Rabon is glad to help.

BillTheGalacticHero
Ranger
Ranger

#123 Post by BillTheGalacticHero »

The last couple of turns have been real nail-biters. This system is nothing like traditional D&D, it's actually more like reading a really scary book, and dreading to turn the page, but you know you have to.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#124 Post by ffilz »

Hmm, somehow my post here didn't make it...

I've been having a hard time keeping up and staying engaged. It also feels like 6 players may be too many. I'm considering dropping out after we are done with this "dungeon".

Frank
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#125 Post by Marullus »

I'm sorry to hear that - I for one do not want to see you go!

This has been a remarkably fast post-rate. I understand it being hard to keep up. I'm happy to aid in "slowing our roll" a bit if it keeps you involved.

Can we do anything to help make you feel more engaged with Galen? His goal is "make a map" which is pretty reactive. Perhaps (if we camp and he achieves that now) he can buy that off and make a new goal when we reset the Session after next turn? What is it that Galen thinks/feels/believes/is passionate about? His belief is in immediate confrontation - how does he enact that? If we flesh out his concept a bit more, it may help him engage more naturally.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#126 Post by ffilz »

Marullus wrote:I'm sorry to hear that - I for one do not want to see you go!

This has been a remarkably fast post-rate. I understand it being hard to keep up. I'm happy to aid in "slowing our roll" a bit if it keeps you involved.

Can we do anything to help make you feel more engaged with Galen? His goal is "make a map" which is pretty reactive. Perhaps (if we camp and he achieves that now) he can buy that off and make a new goal when we reset the Session after next turn? What is it that Galen thinks/feels/believes/is passionate about? His belief is in immediate confrontation - how does he enact that? If we flesh out his concept a bit more, it may help him engage more naturally.
Yea, that would probably help. One issue was that somewhere I missed the why we were going to this ruin, so I didn't have something to grab on. And there were already a few pages of "adventure" before I had a chance to check in and write my goals...

One thing I would suggest is for the next "adventure" that we give people a chance to find out what it's about and write their goals before we start any action.

I will try and engage better, it's just been hard to come in, see a bunch of stuff already going on and awaiting resolution, and not know where to engage.

Frank
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#127 Post by Marullus »

Yeah, true. In this case, the GM was excited to do a "hot start" and kicked off the adventure before sheets were done so that we could get rolling on a weekend. We were on page 5 with 81 posts in just that thread before 10am on Monday morning (which is when you came back and tried to engage, I think). It was several more days before the sheets were all final, but in the meantime it was easy to be overwhelmed.

We're almost at the point to rectify this, though. We set that a "session" ends after nine turns. We'll do group awards and update goals and stuff.

Lets go start a conversation now about that (in advance) on the Chapter ) thread. :)

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#128 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Regarding the candle. I am sorry for not writing this, but Rabon used it to clear webs, but otherwise would have extinguished it to use the pole once we moved on. Luckily, he hasn't made any tests, so lighting wouldn't have affected him that I can see.

He will set the pole down in a kill conflict, preferring his dagger.

BillTheGalacticHero
Ranger
Ranger

#129 Post by BillTheGalacticHero »

I added a couple lines to my character sheet, to list what I'm carrying in each hand. For the torch in my left hand I also added three [ T ] symbols. As turns progress I will try to remember keep it updated by changing the T to an X.

Would be nice if there was a flame emoticon over in that list on the left.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#130 Post by Marullus »

Hey Bill!

There are already two slots marked HAND (Carry): on the sheet. (Yours indicated you still have your walking staff).

Can you take a look at this post? I asked some questions on your inventory.

I agree - a flame emoji would be quite useful. :-D

Ludanto
Ranger
Ranger

#131 Post by Ludanto »

There are these, though:

Torch: :idea: :idea:
"Mi pensas, ke mia simio metis sian piedon en vian trinkaĵon."
Neniam dividu la adventurgrupon.
"Ĉu vi volas koboldojn? Ĉar tiel estas kiel oni akiras koboldojn!"

Ludanto
Ranger
Ranger

#132 Post by Ludanto »

So, I was just thinking. If your luck had gone differently, or you'd made different choices, we could have blown through nine tests in like, 4 pages.

I'm proposing that maybe a "session" ought to be say, 20 pages. That's a better reflection of OOC "time" than in-game turns.

What do you think?

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#133 Post by Marullus »

I would be reticent to assume we'll keep this pace forever; I think it is pretty exceptional. :) On my other games, 20 pages has taken up 4-6 months.

A session is what we'd do in one night around a table - I think we're representing that pretty well. Perhaps a little longer -- I do think 11 was fair and appreciate that 9 is generous. I am pretty excited that that game might achieve things I haven't seen in a PbP before - town phase, winter phase, second level, etc. :)

Ludanto
Ranger
Ranger

#134 Post by Ludanto »

Alrighty. We'll stick with 9 Tests then. If it ain't broke...

jhrrsn
Tracker
Tracker

#135 Post by jhrrsn »

I'm back! And ready to fight a werewolf, apparently!
Aoife Kearney || Torchbearer: Scoundrels

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#136 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Ludanto wrote:So, I was just thinking. If your luck had gone differently, or you'd made different choices, we could have blown through nine tests in like, 4 pages.

I'm proposing that maybe a "session" ought to be say, 20 pages. That's a better reflection of OOC "time" than in-game turns.

What do you think?
It is an interesting proposition, but the biggest variable is where we do the OOC posts. Aren't page lengths set by the number of posts?

Ludanto
Ranger
Ranger

#137 Post by Ludanto »

Yes, that was intentional, actually. In a live game session, OOC discussions and Monty Python quotes would totally eat into IRL game session time.

That said, the OOC thread actually throws a kink into that plan. I guess that's closer to the whispered conversations happening at one end of the table while the other players are doing game stuff. :)

Ludanto
Ranger
Ranger

#138 Post by Ludanto »

Oh. Something to consider. Whoever delivers the prologue at the start of next session (if it's a good prologue) gets to recover one condition. That could come in handy.

BillTheGalacticHero
Ranger
Ranger

#139 Post by BillTheGalacticHero »

I'm at work and it's diificult to do much other than read on a tiny droid phone. I'll write up an IC response sometime tonight. Something along the lines that my mentor would believe that werewolves are right there with cultists, both preying on the weak.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#140 Post by Marullus »

BillTheGalacticHero wrote: Something along the lines that my mentor would believe that werewolves are right there with cultists, both preying on the weak.
Cool. :D

Return to “Torchbearer: Scoundrels”