OOC Discussion (Session 1 & 2)

Ludanto
Ranger
Ranger

Re: OOC Discussion

#341 Post by Ludanto »

The wind is from the north.
The howls were about an hour ago. Hard to say how far away, though.

Thag needs to roll Scout vs. 5 opposing dice. Galen can help.
If Thag is RPed as being tired as the day is ending, he could take a penalty to earn a check from Early Riser.

Not to seem cowardly, but you are "running" from danger, so your nature could come into play as well, if you have the resources (although it doesn't look like you have the Persona point that you need).

BillTheGalacticHero
Ranger
Ranger

#342 Post by BillTheGalacticHero »

Wind from the north then I'm hoping the wolves haven't detected us. So that leaves the spider, now probably 50-75 yards to our south?

I'm going to ask that this Scout roll be tied to my "Always Scout ahead" Instinct, so it should not advance the time.

Since I'm probably not going to pass an Obs 5 test with Scout-3 +help, should Galen not help so he doesn't get a condition? Or would this be a twist only result, or are you going to hold your cards tight and not tell us.

Yup, no Persona points left, used them both to avoid falling anvils.

I do have two Fate points, so I could reroll 6s or do a Deeper Understanding of a trap.

Ludanto
Ranger
Ranger

#343 Post by Ludanto »

To be clear, you're not scouting ahead, you're hiding. So the Grind is gonna grind.

Also it's not Ob5, it's 5 dice. I could roll 0 successes. It's still a challenging roll, but not as bad as Ob5.

Also, this isn't a trap. Sorry.

(Also, tight cards, yes. Evil GM.)

BillTheGalacticHero
Ranger
Ranger

#344 Post by BillTheGalacticHero »

Oi, I misunderstood. Galen and I will have 4 dice, you will have 5, not too bad.

But it will advance the Grind for everyone, and since most of them are already Hungry, they would gain Exhausted, or Angry.

Does the rest of the party want to use the last test before the Grind to do anything, maybe eat so you're not Hungry?

Ludanto
Ranger
Ranger

#345 Post by Ludanto »

Good call!

It's weird, but this is technically happening simultaneously. I wonder how that works.

So, yeah, I'd allow the people in the tower to eat a ration at least. They can also do (non-camp) things, though I can't guarantee that it will trigger a test.
"Mi pensas, ke mia simio metis sian piedon en vian trinkaĵon."
Neniam dividu la adventurgrupon.
"Ĉu vi volas koboldojn? Ĉar tiel estas kiel oni akiras koboldojn!"

BillTheGalacticHero
Ranger
Ranger

#346 Post by BillTheGalacticHero »

How active is Galen here, as an Elf he has the Nature descriptor of Hiding. If he taped his Nature with his Scout-2, and then I help with my Scout, we could have 8 dice to roll, at the cost of a Persona point from Galen (does he gave any? edit: yes he does). It's in his Nature so it would only tap it if we lost. He would get credit for the test, but I'm fine with that.

Ludanto
Ranger
Ranger

#347 Post by Ludanto »

I'd be fine with that, I suppose. Is ffilz still with us, though? Will he be making the roll? Does he care? Is he still leaving?

BillTheGalacticHero
Ranger
Ranger

#348 Post by BillTheGalacticHero »

I'd be fine with that, I suppose. Is ffilz still with us, though? Will he be making the roll?
Of that, I have no idea.

Didn't he say he wasn't feeling engaged enough in this scenario? I think that was because we were doing "indoor" stuff and I was hogging all the Scouting because of my Instinct, and as a Ranger he would prefer "outdoor" stuff. Maybe that's why he volunteered to help me hunt?

Ludanto
Ranger
Ranger

#349 Post by Ludanto »

Well, if he volunteered recently, then he's still here. I guess we wait for him to respond. :)

BillTheGalacticHero
Ranger
Ranger

#350 Post by BillTheGalacticHero »

But I don' wanna wait! (Activating my non-existent Peasant skill of complaining). :lol:

And, I've translated your tagline quote
I think my monkey put his foot in your drink.

Never divide the adventure.
Is it appropo here?

Ludanto
Ranger
Ranger

#351 Post by Ludanto »

"Never divide the (adventuring) party", to be exact.

But yes, this is what happens when you divide the party :)

(Also, yes, I'm impatient to see how this situation unfolds as well.)

BillTheGalacticHero
Ranger
Ranger

#352 Post by BillTheGalacticHero »

Well, I'll be offline for the next 3 or 4 hours at a minimum, gotta run to the store for real cooking supplies, then start making dinner.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#353 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Ffilz isnt as active on the weekends, IIRC. I just PM'd him to let him know folks were hoping Galen would roll the test.

This is what happens when the party gets separated! I think it would be safe to assume characters at the tower are all eating if they don't post. It is the weekend, after all.

I hope Galen and Thag make this exciting! Good luck!

Ludanto
Ranger
Ranger

#354 Post by Ludanto »

Ffilz, it's only Galen and Thag, so just 1D for help. And there's no conflict yet. Just a straight test.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#355 Post by ffilz »

Ludanto wrote:Ffilz, it's only Galen and Thag, so just 1D for help. And there's no conflict yet. Just a straight test.
Ok, sorry about the mixup on 1D vs 2D help... If straight test, then I will use the trait now (better to avoid conflict entirely... :-) )

Does Thag need to narrate help before I roll (being a bit confused how you want to handle narration and what goes in OOC and IC threads now...)

Proposed naration from Galen's point of view:

Seeing the wrapped animals, and hearing the scrabbling, Galen will whisper to Thag, "Let's get out of here, if we keep low and follow this game trail, we should be able to escape notice, watch how I walk carefully. Persona to tap Nature. I will listen to the trees for additional cues on where the scrabbling is coming from - drawing on Firstborn trait.
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

Ludanto
Ranger
Ranger

#356 Post by Ludanto »

It doesn't matter who narrated the help, as long as it's done.

Anyway, sounds good. Go for it!

BillTheGalacticHero
Ranger
Ranger

#357 Post by BillTheGalacticHero »

With one check left, should Allric or Beren try to recover from exhaustion?

We still have the secret door to explore, we could do that, hopefully earning some checks, then camp again before we try the dark chapel room?

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#358 Post by Marullus »

We need to cook, I think.

BillTheGalacticHero
Ranger
Ranger

#359 Post by BillTheGalacticHero »

Ok, I apologize for not catching anything to eat. Does the idea of doing the secret door then camping again sound feasible?

At least Galen got to use a Persona and a Fate, a third of the way to 2nd level, and he got a success on a Scout, and I got a failure on a Hunt.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#360 Post by Marullus »

I agree we should check the secret room first. I don't know that we'll get to camp again, though.

Return to “Torchbearer: Scoundrels”