OOC Discussion (Session 4)

shroomofinsanity
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: OOC Discussion (Session 4)

#21 Post by shroomofinsanity »

Maybe something involved with keeping the treasure together, say, wording it in such a way to allow you know if any of it "falls out of a bag" or would be threatened, since et are carting things on a floating disc

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#22 Post by Marullus »

Goal: I will study the properties of these extra mushrooms before I give the rest away.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#23 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

shroomofinsanity wrote:Maybe something involved with keeping the treasure together, say, wording it in such a way to allow you know if any of it "falls out of a bag" or would be threatened, since et are carting things on a floating disc
Not a bad idea, but if it isn't about having a light source handy, I want the instinct to trigger a test frequently. And I do need one more peasant test, so I'll use that.

I've also marked down 1 Fate and 2 Persona from the last session. Sorry for not paying closer attention to my MVP vote. I forgot what happened if we all had a nomination for embodiment. I was thinking we just discussed it to narrow it down, not that no one gets anything.

I've marked down one more Persona spent, Trait used in my favor and a failed Peasant test - unless Ludanto narrates it as a success with condition. And I've changed my BIGs.

Edit: I was perusing the TB section of the BW forum and stumbled on this post. I want a goat!!! Peasant and Cooking checks guaranteed every once in a while (milking, turning milk to cheese, it can carry stuff for us, and it is in their nature to "bleat awkwardly"!

shroomofinsanity
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#24 Post by shroomofinsanity »

Updated goal: I will safeguard the religious artifacts until we reach town.

Just wanted to check if that makes sense for the session. I think my belief and instinct might actually function for this session lol.

BillTheGalacticHero
Ranger
Ranger

#25 Post by BillTheGalacticHero »

I'll update my Goal tonight. It'll be something like "I'll guide this party safely to Falco". I think my Belief and Instinct will still be applicable.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#26 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

BillTheGalacticHero wrote:I'll update my Goal tonight. It'll be something like "I'll guide this party safely to Falco". I think my Belief and Instinct will still be applicable.
I was just thinking about he ability to measure a goal and wonder, what does "safely" mean? no conditions at all? No injuries? No deaths?

I should be a bit more specific with my own goal, too. Perhaps "every bit of this treasure."

BillTheGalacticHero
Ranger
Ranger

#27 Post by BillTheGalacticHero »

Rusty Tincanne wrote:
BillTheGalacticHero wrote:I'll update my Goal tonight. It'll be something like "I'll guide this party safely to Falco". I think my Belief and Instinct will still be applicable.
I was just thinking about he ability to measure a goal and wonder, what does "safely" mean? no conditions at all? No injuries? No deaths?
With my grim-visage trait the "safely" would mean no Injuries, Illnesses, or Deaths. Being Hungry, Exhausted, and possibly Afraid come with the job description. lol

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#28 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Maybe Grim Visaged means, "I'll guide this party back to Falco, and anybody that survives the trek will be without injury or illness. But not necessarily both."

:P

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#29 Post by Marullus »

I think Bill intended his dialog as an action statement - can we get the next challenge that it leads to, Ludanto?

BillTheGalacticHero
Ranger
Ranger

#30 Post by BillTheGalacticHero »

Hmm, Pathfinder-3 vs Obs 5. Tough. Since I'm not likely to pass this, I'll take a Check and just roll 2 dice, plus any others I can scrape up.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#31 Post by Marullus »

I was going to suggest help from wises to shield us, but elixir-wise, potion-wise, and appraisal-wise do you no good. :)

BillTheGalacticHero
Ranger
Ranger

#32 Post by BillTheGalacticHero »

I think I'm going to have to take one for the team. I'll use the 10' pole even though it won't be enough, but if I trigger something else it might help for that.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#33 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

I liked that bit about heading in one direction and following a stream downhill. Might've been a Good Idea, even.

BillTheGalacticHero
Ranger
Ranger

#34 Post by BillTheGalacticHero »

I watch too many of those Dual Survival, and other such "nature" shows.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#35 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

I know that trick from stories about John Muir. And from an orienteering class I took. Though come to think of it, the story of John Muir might have been told at the orienteering class, so it might sort of be the same thing...

Ludanto
Ranger
Ranger

#36 Post by Ludanto »

Bill, I think you're still using Grim Visage on a weird way. Remember, when you use a Trait against yourself, it's not the opposite. It's, "here's why this Trait is bad for me". FYI.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#37 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Rabon is frightened of the creepy place, but even more afraid will loose our lot. So... Maybe he could BL the Pathfinder test (health 5), as help from Thag, and tap (running) nature. I think that's 8D.

Thoughts?

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#38 Post by Marullus »

I'm cool with either.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#39 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Hey Ludanto. I just joined the TB G+ group and noticed your posts about GMing this game. I had forgotten you are new to this game. It doesn't really show. Thank so much for taking us on. :)

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#40 Post by Marullus »

Really? In that case, you're doing fantastic. :)

Return to “Torchbearer: Scoundrels”