It is currently Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:34 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 490 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 25  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:23 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:41 pm
Posts: 9557
You're still nugging towards the hardest-earned Scout-test in game history. :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:34 am 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:40 pm
Posts: 420
Marullus wrote:
You're still nugging towards the hardest-earned Scout-test in game history. :lol:

Yup!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:49 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:41 pm
Posts: 9557
Bill - it sounds like we're willing to follow. If you want Thag to go lead a charge against the skeletons, go post it IC. :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:47 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:07 pm
Posts: 4160
Location: Ithaca, NY
BillTheGalacticHero wrote:
We can camp, and fit the skellies while every one (except me) is still Fresh


Can't camp until after we earn a check. Fighting offers more opportunities to earn checks, especially when folks are Fresh! +1D (fresh) vs -1D (trait for a check). Just sayin'.

While Rabon wants the picks, I am only taking the test because we need to take one to earn a check so we can camp. So let's fight, instead, as it relates to more character beliefs than getting Rabon's tools. Lead on, Thag!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:52 am 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:40 pm
Posts: 420
To answer Ludanto's question in the main thread:

Marullus wrote:
Allric sighs, then takes the sack from Aiofe to free both hands for her hammer. "Berry, Rabon, light your lanterns and lead Aiofe and Thag in... It should be enough light for the four of you. Berry, you can leave your pack here too if you wish, in case. Oh, Rabon - take that engraved Ruby out. It may be a key, if you can find the statue drawn in the book." He pauses, more solemn. "Berry, remember your ring. The name of a Lord of Light has Power. Don't be Afraid to use it."

He begins his motes patrolling the hallway on an ordered procession.


Berry and Rabon have lanterns lit. And as far as I can tell we've only done 1 test. I don't see Rabon having to do a test to "acquire" some stained glass.

And Allric's light are still with us. So we could dowse one or both of the lanterns.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:31 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:07 pm
Posts: 4160
Location: Ithaca, NY
No dice were rolled, so there was no test for the stained glass. Unless Light says otherwise, of course. ;)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:45 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:41 pm
Posts: 9557
That's correct - Allric's lights last two turns and we only passed one of them, so they'll be able to illuminate all characters for the fight (3 fully, Allric [likely not fighting] and one fighter at Dim Light). I cast it to last to the end of the Session.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:06 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:41 pm
Posts: 9557
Rusty Tincanne wrote:
Can't remember if he can dual-wield weapons... If so, he will. If not, he'll just hold the axe,
which is likely what he will use anyhow.


They're both one-handed, so I think that's legit. You just can only benefit from one at a time, so you need to declare which weapon you're benefitting from for each action when you declare the move sequence.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:15 pm 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:40 pm
Posts: 420
Marullus wrote:
Rusty Tincanne wrote:
Can't remember if he can dual-wield weapons... If so, he will. If not, he'll just hold the axe,
which is likely what he will use anyhow.


They're both one-handed, so I think that's legit. You just can only benefit from one at a time, so you need to declare which weapon you're benefitting from for each action when you declare the move sequence.


Unless you're a second level Strider, it's one of the options you can choose.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:48 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:41 pm
Posts: 9557
BillTheGalacticHero wrote:
Unless you're a second level Strider, it's one of the options you can choose.

Good point. These are specifically Strider benefits (for those without that book), so are NOT something normal people do...

Quote:
Level 2: Sword Proficiency: When armed with a sword and any off-hand weapon, gain +1D to two action types (Attack, Defend, Feint or Maneuver) when acting with the sword. The bonuses stick to those action types for the remainder of the conflict.

Level 4: Sword Expertise: When wielding a sword and an off-hand weapon, you may declare a two weapon Attack or Maneuver (-1D, +1s) when you declare your action. Pre-requisite: Sword Proficiency.

Level 6: Sword Mastery: When wielding a sword and any off-hand weapon, gain +2D to Defend, Feint or Maneuver or gain +1s to Attack. The bonus sticks to that action type for the remainder of the conflict. Pre-requisite: Sword Expertise.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:29 pm 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:15 am
Posts: 702
Last action was Thag carefully peeking into the room and being unable to see any skeletons because of the cell walls. Just waiting for people to do things.

_________________
"Mi pensas, ke mia simio metis sian piedon en vian trinkaĵon."
Neniam dividu la adventurgrupon.
"Ĉu vi volas koboldojn? Ĉar tiel estas kiel oni akiras koboldojn!"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:10 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:07 pm
Posts: 4160
Location: Ithaca, NY
Fair enough. Bill, did you want to push into the cell? If so, how? The cells are each lit up by a mote now. Does he want to scout in first (not sure if it would be an instinct since we've been here), or go as a group?

Regarding activity, I was also thinking of jhrrsn/Aoife. Not much activity that I've noticed. And in general, our activity has slowed a bit.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:47 pm 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:40 pm
Posts: 420
Yeah, I don;t think a chance to Scout here.

I would post at work, but random employees network connection keeps dropping. And I'm apparently a random employee this time.

I would like to attack them one at a time, but I have a feeling they are all in the same place. We should have a Might advantage on them, and most of us are Fresh, so we should do better than against the bat-thing.

I'm all in for rushing in with swords drawn.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:16 am 
Offline
Tracker
Tracker
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:58 pm
Posts: 161
I'm also down for that. Just lead the way noble warrior


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:08 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:07 pm
Posts: 4160
Location: Ithaca, NY
nudge nudge. Bill? Were you going to post an action?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:15 am 
Offline
Tracker
Tracker
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:53 am
Posts: 149
Hey all, apologies for the silence! A little while ago this started feeling like quite hard work, and that coincided with us getting very busy with home renovations and family stuff. I’ve been keeping an eye on things every now and again, but it seems like everyone is waiting for everyone else! Cheers anyway.

_________________
Aoife Kearney || Torchbearer: Scoundrels


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:03 pm 
Offline
Tracker
Tracker
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:58 pm
Posts: 161
Ok, so whichever of our frontlines is leading post their attacking intent, and those of us helping will act. My character doesn't have the health to really lead, but if no one else does, sure I'll dive in.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:38 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:41 pm
Posts: 9557
Merry Christmas!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:01 pm 
Offline
Tracker
Tracker
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:58 pm
Posts: 161
Merry Christmas to you all too!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:17 pm 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:40 pm
Posts: 420
Merry Christmas y'all

Sorry that I've been offline, my external internet at work has been down for two weeks, along with my phone. And I've been trying to get extra hours so when I take a couple days off later this week I won't use up my leave.

I'll try to get a post written tonight, after I'm back from visiting in-laws.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 490 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 25  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group