It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:44 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 390 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:15 am 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:40 pm
Posts: 374
I would like to get a chance to do another Scout, I'm one passed test away from advancing there, and I'm one spent Fate point away from getting to level two.

Should we risk Scouting the basement, then camp? Everyone, but me, is Fresh. Do we have enough food?
I guess we have access to the well, so we could drink brackish water to fend off the hunger pains.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:05 am 
Offline
Tracker
Tracker
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:58 pm
Posts: 131
I didn't notice, but Berry is fresh too!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:06 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:41 pm
Posts: 8526
Ludanto is making you work REALLY hard for that last Scout test. :) I asked on the other thread if there's any way to get it. I think you should go post your action to continue "one last search" just in case.

Barring that, does anyone have a last action to pursue?

I'd really prefer if we could process the scene-end, adjust everyone's goals, and then go down to the basement. (Plus, I love to camp.)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:35 pm 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:15 am
Posts: 666
Confirmed that the indentations on the anvil resemble those in the book.

As for Thag, yes, it seems that he has explored the room pretty thoroughly.

_________________
"Mi pensas, ke mia simio metis sian piedon en vian trinkaĵon."
Neniam dividu la adventurgrupon.
"Ĉu vi volas koboldojn? Ĉar tiel estas kiel oni akiras koboldojn!"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:25 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:07 pm
Posts: 3677
Location: Ithaca, NY
Rabon is happy to leave with what we have, but it's interested in seeing what is on the cellar. Good stuff, he is sure.

Hello earn a check if his instinct triggers a test.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:10 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:41 pm
Posts: 8526
Okay... it looks like we're waiting for:

...Ludanto to respond about Rabon's instinct use. (I think we're confirmed "no test" already, but making sure since Rabon asked.)

...If anyone has an action they can or want to take before-camp to earn us a Check.

...Confirmation that Aiofe, Berenwald, and Thag are passionate about this plan to go underground, raid the kobolds, and get the remaining rubies in attempt to permanently rid the evil of this place. (Once the Session switches, you can update your goals accordingly, but it is your beliefs, not Allric and Rabon, which are driving us further at this point. If you aren't invested in pushing further then we just cut now and go back to town with the loot and lore.)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:40 am 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:15 am
Posts: 666
Nobody left the room and nobody described Rabon searching the room, so there was nothing to trigger the Instinct.

However, without promising anything, I can say that this room is pretty well searched already.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:02 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:07 pm
Posts: 3677
Location: Ithaca, NY
Dang! But a Good Idea it is, then. (I fully anticipated gaining the injured condition from an Ob 4 or 5 as an evil GM factor for pushing that so hard!) But you left is with hard choices to make about carrying it. :lol: Seeing as there was no test, I am guessing your narrative was flavor, not an allusion to a twist we'll encounter later.

Which method of reaching the window was used for the glass? The rope or the spikes? Were they retrieved or are they lost/used up? If it is the latter, it would free up a bit of space for the glass.


What does the stained glass scene look like? What does his shrewd appraisal-wise tell him it's worth?

As for the thieves' tools, I can only think of using oil to lubricate then so they slide it easier. But I'm worried about eating such a precious resource. Anyone else have any ideas? Maybe prying the plates off or whittling at the door, itself with his dagger? Or... Does someone else want to try this? If it's a criminal test; Rabon could offer a helping die.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:38 am 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:40 pm
Posts: 374
I was thinking using the oil, but only after we've searched the basement. Or we could smash the door (Aoife has an axe, doesn't she?) and take just the lock plate so you can work on it later.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:59 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:41 pm
Posts: 8526
I'd really like to incur a test (and earn a check) so we can cycle the end of the session (and do a quick camp). If we can do it now before heading to the basement, it lets people reset their goals for the basement, now that the chapel has passed.

That said, we still haven't heard from Thag/Berry/Aiofe about their interest in pushing forward based on their beliefs.

I think Rabon trying to wiggle the picks free with some oil (perhaps suffering from his Rough Hands) is the way to go. Allric will help with +1D Criminal as he attempts it, and Aiofe could help by managing the door (with Laborer) if she's willing.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:40 am 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:40 pm
Posts: 374
We could do beat up some cowering skeletons, that would fit in with my belief.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:23 am 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:15 am
Posts: 666
The spikes were used, but all were recovered.

The image is of a stylized dwarf hammering at an anvil.

As an incomplete work of art, the trick is finding a buyer. The item is worth 1d6-2 dice of treasure.

_________________
"Mi pensas, ke mia simio metis sian piedon en vian trinkaĵon."
Neniam dividu la adventurgrupon.
"Ĉu vi volas koboldojn? Ĉar tiel estas kiel oni akiras koboldojn!"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:26 am 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:15 am
Posts: 666
Also, things being what they are, it is perfectly reasonable to end the session here, if you guys like.

_________________
"Mi pensas, ke mia simio metis sian piedon en vian trinkaĵon."
Neniam dividu la adventurgrupon.
"Ĉu vi volas koboldojn? Ĉar tiel estas kiel oni akiras koboldojn!"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:38 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:07 pm
Posts: 3677
Location: Ithaca, NY
I'd rather get the test done so we know what conditions might need a prologue.

Rabon thinks it is folly to go pick a fight with the undead. I, on the other hand, like the idea. We can gain more checks in a single combat, allowing for yet more recovery. :)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:38 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:07 pm
Posts: 3677
Location: Ithaca, NY
Hi all. Been a bit of a lull in activity. Bill had suggested killing the skeletons, which would incur multiple tests, offering lots of room for earning checks and possibly pass/failing skill tests. How did you all feel about that?

Or should Rabon try to obtain the lock picks, using Rough hands against himself for a single check. I might, possibly, use Allric's help and a flask of oil if the test actually looks passable. If not, he'd just go for failure.

Or is there anything Aoife or Berry want to try so we can earn a check before camping?

I'll give it a day before moving ahead with recovering the lock picks.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:40 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:41 pm
Posts: 8526
I was waiting on this:
Quote:
That said, we still haven't heard from Thag/Berry/Aiofe about their interest in pushing forward based on their beliefs.


If nobody is enthused, I think we just cut the story here and return to town.

Otherwise, I think both options are fine. Thag can lead us in a Kill conflict against the already driven-off Skeletons (it is risky, but perfectly in keeping with Beliefs). If not then Rabon just does the test for his picks.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:54 am 
Offline
Tracker
Tracker
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:58 pm
Posts: 131
I'm sorry, I missed the call to action vs. Skeletons. I'm down for that, I can play defense with my cool shield.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:03 am 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:40 pm
Posts: 374
We "drove off" the skeletons, but they were not destroyed, and are still cowering in the cell. So technically I have not destroyed the evil tainting this place.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:12 am 
Offline
Tracker
Tracker
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:58 pm
Posts: 131
So on the one hand that sounds cool, on the other I'm fresh lol


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:19 am 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:40 pm
Posts: 374
We can camp, and fit the skellies while every one (except me) is still Fresh. I just don't want to go back to town without another chance to spend a Fate point and/or do another Scout.

yeah, I know, selfish of me.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 390 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group