OOC Discussion (Session 3)

BillTheGalacticHero
Ranger
Ranger

Re: OOC Discussion (Session 3)

#361 Post by BillTheGalacticHero »

I would like to get a chance to do another Scout, I'm one passed test away from advancing there, and I'm one spent Fate point away from getting to level two.

Should we risk Scouting the basement, then camp? Everyone, but me, is Fresh. Do we have enough food?
I guess we have access to the well, so we could drink brackish water to fend off the hunger pains.

shroomofinsanity
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#362 Post by shroomofinsanity »

I didn't notice, but Berry is fresh too!

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#363 Post by Marullus »

Ludanto is making you work REALLY hard for that last Scout test. :) I asked on the other thread if there's any way to get it. I think you should go post your action to continue "one last search" just in case.

Barring that, does anyone have a last action to pursue?

I'd really prefer if we could process the scene-end, adjust everyone's goals, and then go down to the basement. (Plus, I love to camp.)

Ludanto
Ranger
Ranger

#364 Post by Ludanto »

Confirmed that the indentations on the anvil resemble those in the book.

As for Thag, yes, it seems that he has explored the room pretty thoroughly.
"Mi pensas, ke mia simio metis sian piedon en vian trinkaĵon."
Neniam dividu la adventurgrupon.
"Ĉu vi volas koboldojn? Ĉar tiel estas kiel oni akiras koboldojn!"

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#365 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Rabon is happy to leave with what we have, but it's interested in seeing what is on the cellar. Good stuff, he is sure.

Hello earn a check if his instinct triggers a test.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#366 Post by Marullus »

Okay... it looks like we're waiting for:

...Ludanto to respond about Rabon's instinct use. (I think we're confirmed "no test" already, but making sure since Rabon asked.)

...If anyone has an action they can or want to take before-camp to earn us a Check.

...Confirmation that Aiofe, Berenwald, and Thag are passionate about this plan to go underground, raid the kobolds, and get the remaining rubies in attempt to permanently rid the evil of this place. (Once the Session switches, you can update your goals accordingly, but it is your beliefs, not Allric and Rabon, which are driving us further at this point. If you aren't invested in pushing further then we just cut now and go back to town with the loot and lore.)

Ludanto
Ranger
Ranger

#367 Post by Ludanto »

Nobody left the room and nobody described Rabon searching the room, so there was nothing to trigger the Instinct.

However, without promising anything, I can say that this room is pretty well searched already.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#368 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Dang! But a Good Idea it is, then. (I fully anticipated gaining the injured condition from an Ob 4 or 5 as an evil GM factor for pushing that so hard!) But you left is with hard choices to make about carrying it. :lol: Seeing as there was no test, I am guessing your narrative was flavor, not an allusion to a twist we'll encounter later.

Which method of reaching the window was used for the glass? The rope or the spikes? Were they retrieved or are they lost/used up? If it is the latter, it would free up a bit of space for the glass.

What does the stained glass scene look like? What does his shrewd appraisal-wise tell him it's worth?

As for the thieves' tools, I can only think of using oil to lubricate then so they slide it easier. But I'm worried about eating such a precious resource. Anyone else have any ideas? Maybe prying the plates off or whittling at the door, itself with his dagger? Or... Does someone else want to try this? If it's a criminal test; Rabon could offer a helping die.

BillTheGalacticHero
Ranger
Ranger

#369 Post by BillTheGalacticHero »

I was thinking using the oil, but only after we've searched the basement. Or we could smash the door (Aoife has an axe, doesn't she?) and take just the lock plate so you can work on it later.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#370 Post by Marullus »

I'd really like to incur a test (and earn a check) so we can cycle the end of the session (and do a quick camp). If we can do it now before heading to the basement, it lets people reset their goals for the basement, now that the chapel has passed.

That said, we still haven't heard from Thag/Berry/Aiofe about their interest in pushing forward based on their beliefs.

I think Rabon trying to wiggle the picks free with some oil (perhaps suffering from his Rough Hands) is the way to go. Allric will help with +1D Criminal as he attempts it, and Aiofe could help by managing the door (with Laborer) if she's willing.

BillTheGalacticHero
Ranger
Ranger

#371 Post by BillTheGalacticHero »

We could do beat up some cowering skeletons, that would fit in with my belief.

Ludanto
Ranger
Ranger

#372 Post by Ludanto »

The spikes were used, but all were recovered.

The image is of a stylized dwarf hammering at an anvil.

As an incomplete work of art, the trick is finding a buyer. The item is worth 1d6-2 dice of treasure.

Ludanto
Ranger
Ranger

#373 Post by Ludanto »

Also, things being what they are, it is perfectly reasonable to end the session here, if you guys like.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#374 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

I'd rather get the test done so we know what conditions might need a prologue.

Rabon thinks it is folly to go pick a fight with the undead. I, on the other hand, like the idea. We can gain more checks in a single combat, allowing for yet more recovery. :)

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#375 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Hi all. Been a bit of a lull in activity. Bill had suggested killing the skeletons, which would incur multiple tests, offering lots of room for earning checks and possibly pass/failing skill tests. How did you all feel about that?

Or should Rabon try to obtain the lock picks, using Rough hands against himself for a single check. I might, possibly, use Allric's help and a flask of oil if the test actually looks passable. If not, he'd just go for failure.

Or is there anything Aoife or Berry want to try so we can earn a check before camping?

I'll give it a day before moving ahead with recovering the lock picks.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#376 Post by Marullus »

I was waiting on this:
That said, we still haven't heard from Thag/Berry/Aiofe about their interest in pushing forward based on their beliefs.
If nobody is enthused, I think we just cut the story here and return to town.

Otherwise, I think both options are fine. Thag can lead us in a Kill conflict against the already driven-off Skeletons (it is risky, but perfectly in keeping with Beliefs). If not then Rabon just does the test for his picks.

shroomofinsanity
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#377 Post by shroomofinsanity »

I'm sorry, I missed the call to action vs. Skeletons. I'm down for that, I can play defense with my cool shield.

BillTheGalacticHero
Ranger
Ranger

#378 Post by BillTheGalacticHero »

We "drove off" the skeletons, but they were not destroyed, and are still cowering in the cell. So technically I have not destroyed the evil tainting this place.

shroomofinsanity
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#379 Post by shroomofinsanity »

So on the one hand that sounds cool, on the other I'm fresh lol

BillTheGalacticHero
Ranger
Ranger

#380 Post by BillTheGalacticHero »

We can camp, and fit the skellies while every one (except me) is still Fresh. I just don't want to go back to town without another chance to spend a Fate point and/or do another Scout.

yeah, I know, selfish of me.

Return to “Torchbearer: Scoundrels”