It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:05 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 354 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:33 pm 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:40 pm
Posts: 362
In a Fight you probably do want to reroll all your sixes, just to get a better compromise


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:02 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:07 pm
Posts: 3530
Location: Ithaca, NY
Except by round three (my final action) the octopi only had 2 or 3 disposition points left. I got 4 with my initial roll, then, as I mentioned, "in case", I rerolled the 6 using a Fate. Still don't know if it was legal...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:40 am 
Offline
Tracker
Tracker
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:53 am
Posts: 146
It’s certainly unclear, I was just looking for a ruling. I hadn’t see it come up before.

It just seems really hard to spend Fate when it’s so conditional. Obviously you can always spend Persona to add dice, which is much easier.

Still, Aoife seems to be doing okay at first level anyway!

_________________
Aoife Kearney || Torchbearer: Scoundrels


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:38 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:41 pm
Posts: 8204
Marullus wrote:
Marullus wrote:
Aiofe is Afraid.
Allric is Exhausted.
Allric is Injured.
Everyone is Hungry.

Hopefully, Allric can brew the elixir to get Aiofe unafraid. The dice are against it, though.

First check allows Rabon to cook everyone a meal. Or, we eat five of our six remaining rations since we're near the end of our journey and free up two pack slots.

Allric has 2D vs Ob3 and Ob4.
Berry can make treat Allric's injury as an Ob3 instead of Ob4 with his 3D Healer skill, but with the risk that Allric loses a permanent 1D if it fails.
Berry can do an Ob1 Healer test to make a poultice for Exhausted, giving Allric 3D vs Ob3.


So, with Berry's last rolls we have six checks.

Aiofe uses instinct to mend Rabon's helmet.

Rabon uses first check to cook a meal.

Berry uses second check for Healer to try and fix Allric's injury.

Aiofe uses third check to recover from Afraid.

Berry uses fourth check to make a poultice for Exhausted.

Allric uses fifth check to try to recover Exhausted.

Thag uses sixth check to trap the room against Kobolds?

We have two turns before the end of the session. That probably covers checking the chapel, we skip the basement, and head home.

*Bump*

Allric will memorize the Light spell to see if it will help on the chapel's darkness. That leaves us carrying our goods in packs and sacks - Aiofe will likely need to test Laborer to carry the large sack one-handed.

If you'd like to increase options, we could allow Allric to scribe a Mystic Porter scroll instead of Thag trapping the room, which would allow us to cast both spells for this coming junction.

IC, I think we're waiting for Rabon and Berry to take action by spending checks (as above).


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:46 pm 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:40 pm
Posts: 362
Go ahead and use the Check. I'm not sure if Scout will allow me to make a trap, I think I need Dungeoneer for that.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:23 am 
Offline
Tracker
Tracker
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:58 pm
Posts: 122
Is there any help I can get for the healer test or am I running it alone? Once I know I will make the roll.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:47 am 
Offline
Tracker
Tracker
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:53 am
Posts: 146
I think the only person who could help you was Allric himself, with Alchemist.

_________________
Aoife Kearney || Torchbearer: Scoundrels


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:16 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:07 pm
Posts: 3530
Location: Ithaca, NY
Berry is listed and second and fourth check, with Aoife already using check #3. Since Berry cannot use two checks in a row, I'll let shroom take a test first, then cook.

If at all possible, Rabon would like to try and recover his thieves tools prior to leaving this place.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:18 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:41 pm
Posts: 8204
My hope is that we can be flexible with the order given our asychronous play times.

Since my rolls are dependent on Berry's rolls, I will wait.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:48 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:07 pm
Posts: 3530
Location: Ithaca, NY
Marullus wrote:
My hope is that we can be flexible with the order given our asychronous play time.

Ludanto?
If so, what will The Ob be for cooking?
And is there an Ob for boiling water, or is that a given and we can just assume that all the well water is now potable?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:55 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:41 pm
Posts: 8204
Before we move off of Berry's roll...

shroomofinsanity wrote:
Berry approaches Allric Ok Mr. Allric,
I am going to try my best to help you out
Looking at the injury, Berry winced but pulls out his bandages and needle and thread.
so healer 3D vs. Ob 3 [1d6] = 2 [1d6] = 3 [1d6] = 5
Oh, oh no, 1 success...


We said above that Allric can help (and I think it is safe to assume he does so!). I'll post, you should roll it.

Also, you have Poultice-wise which I think is pretty applicable to a Healing roll for an injury. You need to spend one more Fate point to be able to advance in level when the session ends/town arrives. I'd recommend spending the fate for Deeper Understanding. Reroll one of the failed dice and also Allric's help ( so [1d6] [1d6]) and see if it gets us there.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:13 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:07 pm
Posts: 3530
Location: Ithaca, NY
Could he send two Fate to reroll two dice?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:24 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:41 pm
Posts: 8204
No, he can spend a fate to reroll one die, or a persona to reroll all failed dice, but he doesn't have any persona. He needs to spend the 1 fate to be able to advance, so it's a worth the try! If he gets lucky and rolls a 6 on either die, he could then spend a second fate to reroll that. :)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:48 am 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:15 am
Posts: 653
Rusty Tincanne wrote:
Ludanto?
If so, what will The Ob be for cooking?
And is there an Ob for boiling water, or is that a given and we can just assume that all the well water is now potable?


Flexibility. Yes. Just make sure that the checks are planned correctly and validly before it starts.

You won't know the Obstacle, or if there even is one, until you do something. I don't know, for example, anything about what you're cooking or for how many. Until you try to boil the water, we won't know the Obstacle, or if it's a good idea, or if a monster pops out.

_________________
"Mi pensas, ke mia simio metis sian piedon en vian trinkaĵon."
Neniam dividu la adventurgrupon.
"Ĉu vi volas koboldojn? Ĉar tiel estas kiel oni akiras koboldojn!"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:50 am 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:15 am
Posts: 653
Marullus wrote:
Before we move off of Berry's roll...

We said above that Allric can help (and I think it is safe to assume he does so!). I'll post, you should roll it.

Also, you have Poultice-wise which I think is pretty applicable to a Healing roll for an injury. You need to spend one more Fate point to be able to advance in level when the session ends/town arrives. I'd recommend spending the fate for Deeper Understanding. Reroll one of the failed dice and also Allric's help ( so [1d6] [1d6]) and see if it gets us there.


Agreed.

_________________
"Mi pensas, ke mia simio metis sian piedon en vian trinkaĵon."
Neniam dividu la adventurgrupon.
"Ĉu vi volas koboldojn? Ĉar tiel estas kiel oni akiras koboldojn!"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:54 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:07 pm
Posts: 3530
Location: Ithaca, NY
Ludanto wrote:
...Until you try to boil the water, we won't know ...if a monster pops out.

Ah yes. The luring aroma of water boiling... :P


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:10 pm 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:40 pm
Posts: 362
With my dice rolling I would end up burning the water.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:37 pm 
Offline
Tracker
Tracker
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:58 pm
Posts: 122
So with the fate and help I still only got 2 successes total :-/


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:10 am 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:15 am
Posts: 653
Allric is no longer Injured, but his Nature drops to 4.

_________________
"Mi pensas, ke mia simio metis sian piedon en vian trinkaĵon."
Neniam dividu la adventurgrupon.
"Ĉu vi volas koboldojn? Ĉar tiel estas kiel oni akiras koboldojn!"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:24 pm 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:15 am
Posts: 653
Rusty, the Obstacle for Cook is 3. (Ob3)

(And there's no Obstacle for boiling water. It's just boiled.)

_________________
"Mi pensas, ke mia simio metis sian piedon en vian trinkaĵon."
Neniam dividu la adventurgrupon.
"Ĉu vi volas koboldojn? Ĉar tiel estas kiel oni akiras koboldojn!"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 354 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group