Re: Kicking off

#1 Post by lenusmars »

lenusmars
Guide
Guide

#2 Post by lenusmars »

//
Last edited by lenusmars on Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

lenusmars
Guide
Guide

#3 Post by lenusmars »

http://lurkingrhythmically.blogspot.com ... unner.html

Hm.... probably shouldn't have posted them here. Should I move one of them into the doc?

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#4 Post by ffilz »

A minor problem with both of those is an air/raft that is not present in the CT Type-A. But I might still use one of those.
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#5 Post by Ramona »

The second one is a J2 - Far Trader not a J1 - Free Trader. It’s the Empress Marava varient, the Free Trader deckplans Look like the DGP Free Trader guide, but as they’re 100% digital I’ll bet Moontoad’s Mongoose Trav Free Trader book by Ian. I kind of collect deckplans and maps... I don’t know why.

lenusmars
Guide
Guide

#6 Post by lenusmars »

Ramona wrote:The second one is a J2 - Far Trader not a J1 - Free Trader. It’s the Empress Marava varient, the Free Trader deckplans Look like the DGP Free Trader guide, but as they’re 100% digital I’ll bet Moontoad’s Mongoose Trav Free Trader book by Ian. I kind of collect deckplans and maps... I don’t know why.
True enough, but you could demote the Far Trader to J1. I like the layout. And we could either have more cabins in the Air/Raft space or some kind of storage. You're right on the sources. I bought the plan book on drive thru. The other one is from a blog.

I love deckplans too. I have a set of the TOS Enterprise blueprints published in the 70s.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by joertexas »

ffilz wrote:A minor problem with both of those is an air/raft that is not present in the CT Type-A. But I might still use one of those.
I like the Empress Marva, myself.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#8 Post by ffilz »

The key is the deck plans should reflect the Book 2 description:
Free Trader (Type A): Using the type 200 hull, the free trader is equipped with
ten staterooms (four for the crew: pilot, engineer, medic and steward; six for high
and middle passengers) and twenty low passage berths. Jump drive-A, maneuver
drive-A and power plant-A are all installed in the engineering section, giving the
starship capability for acceleration of 1 G and jump-1. Fuel tankage for 30 tons and
cargo hold for 82 tons is provided in the hull. Two hardpoints are specified in the
hull, but do not have turrets or weaponry attached. Two tons of potential fire control
space is held in reserve for later armament installation. Computer Model/1 with basic
software package is installed.
Note also that I am using the 1981 rules that the basic software package is the model number in Mcr, combined with the 1977 space lanes rules, your software package won't include Generate...
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

lenusmars
Guide
Guide

#9 Post by lenusmars »

Okay, well aside from the air raft the first plan seems to fit. And I like it too. Just because we don't have an air/raft doesn't mean we don't have space for one.

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#10 Post by Ramona »

lenusmars wrote:
Ramona wrote:The second one is a J2 - Far Trader not a J1 - Free Trader. It’s the Empress Marava varient, the Free Trader deckplans Look like the DGP Free Trader guide, but as they’re 100% digital I’ll bet Moontoad’s Mongoose Trav Free Trader book by Ian. I kind of collect deckplans and maps... I don’t know why.
True enough, but you could demote the Far Trader to J1. I like the layout. And we could either have more cabins in the Air/Raft space or some kind of storage. You're right on the sources. I bought the plan book on drive thru. The other one is from a blog.

I love deckplans too. I have a set of the TOS Enterprise blueprints published in the 70s.
You’d have to muck with the fuel tanks and the size of the engines... It’s a pain to change. There’s a J2 Beowulf varient and the fuel tank change is astounding.

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#11 Post by Ramona »

joertexas wrote:
ffilz wrote:A minor problem with both of those is an air/raft that is not present in the CT Type-A. But I might still use one of those.
I like the Empress Marva, myself.
The TL12 Jayhawk is way sexier looking than the Marva... TNE nicknamed it the puking dog for it’s baroque uglieness.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#12 Post by ffilz »

lenusmars wrote:Okay, well aside from the air raft the first plan seems to fit. And I like it too. Just because we don't have an air/raft doesn't mean we don't have space for one.
Well, on a Free Trader there's always space for an air/raft, 20 of them in fact... You can transport/store any vehicle in the 82 ton cargo bay. There isn't a dedicated air/raft berth. In the first plan, I would just ignore that bit

I'm sort of leaning back to the FASA deck plan I just pasted into the doc. It doesn't have the sexy boarding ramp of some designs, but it is reasonably correct to Book 2, has a separate passenger airlock (so passengers aren't wandering through the ship, has the right number of cabins, etc. It also has a nice two deck height cargo bay, the plans seem to show it as separate decks, but it's easy to consider it double height. It doesn't show cargo doors, but I assume doors on each side that can be lowered as ramps.

Frank

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#13 Post by Ramona »

ffilz wrote:I'm sort of leaning back to the FASA deck plan I just pasted into the doc. It doesn't have the sexy boarding ramp of some designs, but it is reasonably correct to Book 2, has a separate passenger airlock (so passengers aren't wandering through the ship, has the right number of cabins, etc. It also has a nice two deck height cargo bay, the plans seem to show it as separate decks, but it's easy to consider it double height. It doesn't show cargo doors, but I assume doors on each side that can be lowered as ramps.

Frank
I had to look that up, found my 1982 and you are correct, no ships vehicle but by the time MegaTrav rolls about 2 or 3 years later it’s in there and it’s been there ever since. I wonder why the change? I have the Mongoose version of the Free Trader book and it’s the same exact plan as you’ve got. There are a couple other varients in the Mong version, a J2 and one where the upper cargo deck is full of staterooms.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#14 Post by ffilz »

Ramona wrote:
ffilz wrote:I'm sort of leaning back to the FASA deck plan I just pasted into the doc. It doesn't have the sexy boarding ramp of some designs, but it is reasonably correct to Book 2, has a separate passenger airlock (so passengers aren't wandering through the ship, has the right number of cabins, etc. It also has a nice two deck height cargo bay, the plans seem to show it as separate decks, but it's easy to consider it double height. It doesn't show cargo doors, but I assume doors on each side that can be lowered as ramps.

Frank
I had to look that up, found my 1982 and you are correct, no ships vehicle but by the time MegaTrav rolls about 2 or 3 years later it’s in there and it’s been there ever since. I wonder why the change? I have the Mongoose version of the Free Trader book and it’s the same exact plan as you’ve got. There are a couple other varients in the Mong version, a J2 and one where the upper cargo deck is full of staterooms.
I suspect the addition of the air/raft is due to different fuel requirements and different sizes of drives etc as the ship building systems have evolved. Bridge and computer sizes have changed also.

erkenbrand
Strider
Strider

#15 Post by erkenbrand »

Out of interest what deck plan did we settle on, is it the first one and are we entering into the airlock leading to Area 8?

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#16 Post by ffilz »

erkenbrand wrote:Out of interest what deck plan did we settle on, is it the first one and are we entering into the airlock leading to Area 8?
Deckplan is the one in the Google Doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_81 ... sp=sharing

The other deckplans I could find all had things to quibble about, and hey, I kinda like the idea that your ship is perhaps an older not as sexy model...

GodricTheWell
Scout
Scout

Re: Sidetrack conversation about ships

#17 Post by GodricTheWell »

It took me a while to add my Bio to this document, but it's in there now.
(This is also my first post in this thread... and I'm hypothesizing that a black dot will now appear on this discussion; indicating that I have participated in this discussion.

And, the jury saaaaaays....

UPDATE:
Bingo. Figured it out. Black dot = participation.
insert(wit)

GodricTheWell
Scout
Scout

#18 Post by GodricTheWell »

Having settled the infamous black dot...

Is there an image of the outside of our ship? What does it look like?
insert(wit)

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#19 Post by ffilz »

GodricTheWell wrote:Having settled the infamous black dot...

Is there an image of the outside of our ship? What does it look like?
I've added an image that I think is the correct one to the Google Document.

GodricTheWell
Scout
Scout

#20 Post by GodricTheWell »

ffilz wrote:I've added an image that I think is the correct one to the Google Document.
Sheesh, she's an elusive ship isn't she. Very hard to "picture" this ship.
insert(wit)

Return to “Wine Dark Rift (Classic Traveller)”