000 readying the Maize Star

ffilz
Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Kicking off

#81 Post by Eris »

Ramona wrote:Might want to look at the new plans Eris, the psg lounge is just inside the airlock and the crew lounge is pretty tight, did the deck plan somehow get resized? I can’t see the upper deck anymore.
Ur, yeah, I can't see the upper deck on the plans. It looks like that part of the image was cut off. And if the crew lounge is too small we'll have the meeting in the passenger lounge.
Ana taps Simon on the shoulder, “Skip’s here and he wants a jaw session, lets not keep your next potential boss waiting.”

Ana takes the one last look at the leveling off atmospheric readings, “Ought to be safe now Vee,”she coms opening the iris back to the hold and heading aft, “remember that 1 metre desk you were telling me about? I have a sneaking suspicion that it’s going to feel roomy in retrospect.”
Wen walks into the lounge and holds up a small device before removing his mask, "Air is still a little high in nitrogen, but is breathable."

Once folks arrive he says, "Okay, is that everyone?"

"I'm Baron Wen Rodriguez, the owner of this ship. Some of you I met over at the tavern. You know I want to organize this venture as a partnership where we draw equal shares. That means I'll be putting this ship into the partnership, along with 20,000 Cr and each of you will be putting in 20,000 Cr, and yes, we can arrange for you to pay in over time rather than right up front if you don't have the readies on you."

Wen takes out papers from a leather portfolio he has been carrying, "Here are the Articles we would agree to. Look them over and those who want to join thumb your agreement on this master copy."

"I'd also like each of us to go around the room and introduce ourselves."
Wen says, "Tell us your name, any Spacer Certifications you hold...ie. what your ship skills are..., and any relevant background information you think would be of interest to the group."

"I'll start. As I said I'm Baron Wen Rodriguez, but I don't stand on ceremony, so just call me Wen. I got this ship as a retirement award from my former employer. They didn't tell me I'd have to travel across two sectors to get to it, nor that it would be stuck at the end of a main with a war raging around it. My hope is to travel around this subsector, maybe the whole sector exploring and making enough money to keep travelling and exploring. As for certs, I hold an Imperial Ship Master's Certificate with qualifications in...

Blade-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-3, Gunnery-1, JoAT-1, Mech-1, Medic-2, Navigation-1, Pilot-1, Steward-1."

OOC: Clearly, some of those skills aren't certifiable, but I thought I'd just list all Wen's skills. ;)
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#82 Post by ffilz »

Eris wrote:
Ramona wrote:Might want to look at the new plans Eris, the psg lounge is just inside the airlock and the crew lounge is pretty tight, did the deck plan somehow get resized? I can’t see the upper deck anymore.
Ur, yeah, I can't see the upper deck on the plans. It looks like that part of the image was cut off. And if the crew lounge is too small we'll have the meeting in the passenger lounge.
Hmm, can folks still not see both decks? I fixed the image...

Wen walks into the lounge and holds up a small device before removing his mask, "Air is still a little high in nitrogen, but is breathable."

Once folks arrive he says, "Okay, is that everyone?"

"I'm Baron Wen Rodriguez, the owner of this ship. Some of you I met over at the tavern. You know I want to organize this venture as a partnership where we draw equal shares. That means I'll be putting this ship into the partnership, along with 20,000 Cr and each of you will be putting in 20,000 Cr, and yes, we can arrange for you to pay in over time rather than right up front if you don't have the readies on you."

Wen takes out papers from a leather portfolio he has been carrying, "Here are the Articles we would agree to. Look them over and those who want to join thumb your agreement on this master copy."

"I'd also like each of us to go around the room and introduce ourselves."
Wen says, "Tell us your name, any Spacer Certifications you hold...ie. what your ship skills are..., and any relevant background information you think would be of interest to the group."

"I'll start. As I said I'm Baron Wen Rodriguez, but I don't stand on ceremony, so just call me Wen. I got this ship as a retirement award from my former employer. They didn't tell me I'd have to travel across two sectors to get to it, nor that it would be stuck at the end of a main with a war raging around it. My hope is to travel around this subsector, maybe the whole sector exploring and making enough money to keep travelling and exploring. As for certs, I hold an Imperial Ship Master's Certificate with qualifications in...

Blade-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-3, Gunnery-1, JoAT-1, Mech-1, Medic-2, Navigation-1, Pilot-1, Steward-1."

OOC: Clearly, some of those skills aren't certifiable, but I thought I'd just list all Wen's skills. ;)
Yea, the Bribery and JoaT would not have certifications. Gambling, Streetwise, and Forgery also would not. Depending on how the skill was acquired, a character might not have certification in other skills. I'll assume for skills without certification though folks can make some kind of claim to how good they are - of course all such claims are subjective... If anyone actually wants to conceal skills from the group in character, feel free to do so, though of course the Google Doc lists all your skills (you might color such skills red in the Doc to remind other players to not reference them in character.
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#83 Post by Ramona »

Eris wrote:Wen walks into the lounge and holds up a small device before removing his mask, "Air is still a little high in nitrogen, but is breathable."
“Ya,” Ana says struggling to get her muscular shoulders out of her skin tight vac suit, “it’s a work in progress.”
Eris wrote:Once folks arrive he says, "Okay, is that everyone?"

[snip]

Ana waits until Wen finishes before stepping forward, she’s managed to free her shoulders from the vac suit and has the upper half pulled down and tied around her waist. She’s wearing a tight black tanktop, the red straps of her bra are visible on both sides.

Ana’s a tall woman, lean and muscular with amber eyes and stern angular face. Her hair is short and black, cut in a stylish but practical bob that adds to her no nonsense appearance. A black tattoo of a sylized knotwork wolf with crimson eyes wraps around her left bicep and shoulder, six angular characters in an unknown script appear under the motif.

“Anistasia Jones,” she says with a quiet authority, “I was, until 19 days ago, the CG for the 227th Imperial Army RDD operating in this corner of the Imperium, I am no longer and the 227th was largely demobilized insitu to help some technocrat back in the core balance his budget. I am the last of my command abandoned here and as such it is time for me to depart as well. First in, last out.”

She pauses a moment collecting her thoughts, “In addition to my military skills I have twenty years worth of experience navigating the Imperial bureaucracy, a heavy duty mechanics ticket and I’m a licenced electrician.”

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#84 Post by joertexas »

Ramona wrote:She pauses a moment collecting her thoughts, “In addition to my military skills I have twenty years worth of experience navigating the Imperial bureaucracy, a heavy duty mechanics ticket and I’m a licenced electrician.”
Vee steps forward from where she was standing against the rear bulkhead. "I'm Anevay Becker, late of the Blue Star Lines. I was first officer on the Sovereign of the Stars, a two thousand ton liner. I hold a Navigator's certificate, along with other qualifications."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

lenusmars
Guide
Guide

#85 Post by lenusmars »

Sara follows the Captain and Wood into the ship, feeling supernumerary. She hadn't really been addressed directly, which was not encouraging, but the Captain seemed welcoming enough.

She looks around at the rest of the crew in the lounge and realizes that she's by far the smallest person here. Not that it should surprise her, she supposes. At least I can make the case that I don't take up much room.

The Captain's speech gives her more hope. Anastasia's introduction is... wow. The commander of an Army? She looks so tough, and capable. And she has nice arms.

When she realizes faces are turned toward her in expectation and she's basically been caught ogling Anastasia's shoulders she flushes again.

"Oh, Uhm... Well, those are hard acts to follow, right? Hello..." Sara smiles and gives a tiny wave to everyone, looking around and brushing her copper-colored hair out of her wide hazel eyes. "Sara Kelley. 26. Yeah I know... baby face." Another smile. "Fresh from eight years in the Imperial Scout Service."She motions to her jump suit, which still has the patches, as if to prove it. "I hold a class 2 pilot certification and... uh... not much else officially. I can do a bit of everything really. Five solo missions on a scout ship will do that. I've been out here a bit and I probably know bits about a few places from hearsay if nothing else. And... uh... I'm a passable guitar player."

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#86 Post by Ramona »

joertexas wrote:Vee steps forward from where she was standing against the rear bulkhead. "I'm Anevay Becker, late of the Blue Star Lines. I was first officer on the Sovereign of the Stars, a two thousand ton liner. I hold a Navigator's certificate, along with other qualifications."
“Blue Star?” Ana raises an eyebrow and looking at Vee, “Are those the jokers who named one of their liners Titanic because it was the, quote unquote, name of the most famous ship in all history but never bothered to figure out why?”

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#87 Post by joertexas »

lenusmars wrote:"Oh, Uhm... Well, those are hard acts to follow, right? Hello..." Sara smiles and gives a tiny wave to everyone, looking around and brushing her copper-colored hair out of her wide hazel eyes. "Sara Kelley. 26. Yeah I know... baby face." Another smile. "Fresh from eight years in the Imperial Scout Service."She motions to her jump suit, which still has the patches, as if to prove it. "I hold a class 2 pilot certification and... uh... not much else officially. I can do a bit of everything really. Five solo missions on a scout ship will do that. I've been out here a bit and I probably know bits about a few places from hearsay if nothing else. And... uh... I'm a passable guitar player."
"Welcome," Vee says with a smile. "Did you bring your instrument with you?"
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

lenusmars
Guide
Guide

#88 Post by lenusmars »

joertexas wrote:"Welcome," Vee says with a smile. "Did you bring your instrument with you?"
Sara returns the blonde's smile, less tentative this time. Her eyes light up a little more. "Absolutely. I never travel without her."

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#89 Post by joertexas »

lenusmars wrote:Sara returns the blonde's smile, less tentative this time. Her eyes light up a little more. "Absolutely. I never travel without her."
"Maybe you can play for us, once we get underway," Vee says.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#90 Post by joertexas »

Ramona wrote:“Blue Star?” Ana raises an eyebrow and looking at Vee, “Are those the jokers who named one of their liners Titanic because it was the, quote unquote, name of the most famous ship in all history but never bothered to figure out why?”
Vee grins. "That was some years ago, but yes."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

GodricTheWell
Scout
Scout

#91 Post by GodricTheWell »

"I'd also like each of us to go around the room and introduce ourselves."[/dialog] Wen says, "Tell us your name, any Spacer Certifications you hold...ie. what your ship skills are..., and any relevant background information you think would be of interest to the group."

"Captain, er, uh... Wen, sir. Mark Wood. As you saw in my letter, my previous Captain's retirement forced our entire crew to find new assignments. I'm not just here to escape the planet, though it is one of the benefits of joining your ship. I'm much obliged for the opportunity."

Mark, having gotten past the awkward leveling of rank and title, proceeded with a little more confidence.

"I was 3rd Officer under Captain Filbin. Gained some of my skills, by necessity, from experience. Most notably Gunnery-1 and Medical-1. But, I prefer working with computer systems (Computer-1) and look forward to the opportunity to grow that side of my skills. I'm done with being shot at, if you catch my drift sir, uh... Wen."

Mark thought about mentioning is experience as a Steward-1, but thought better of it... Due to his young age, he didn't want to end up being the dishwasher if he didn't have to.
Wrap it up, man!

"I've got my own Vacc Suit-1, but probably can't pony-up enough credits to fully buy-in today."
insert(wit)

erkenbrand
Strider
Strider

#92 Post by erkenbrand »

The tall slim man in the smart vacc suit steps forward, his greying hair cut short and his chiseled features somewhat charming.

"Simon Tanaka at your service, Captain, a credible pilot (4) and 7 term in the Merchants. he executes a poor excuse for a salute, clearly not a military trainee, but he shows all the hallmarks of a company man.

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#93 Post by Ramona »

“So,”Ana says counting on her fingers and nodding to everyone in turn, “let me see if I have this right, two captains, two first officers, a second officer, two third officers, a scout and a grunt. That’s a lot of brass.”

She grins a little and winks at Sara, “Well I mean at least the two of us have some real world experience and we can probably guess who’s going to get stuck unstopping the bog.”

Ana crosses her arms, the wolf tattoo on her bicep seems to move of its own accord, “We have any leads on cargo or passengers skipper?”

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#94 Post by Eris »

Ramona wrote:Ana waits until Wen finishes before stepping forward, she’s managed to free her shoulders from the vac suit and has the upper half pulled down and tied around her waist. She’s wearing a tight black tanktop, the red straps of her bra are visible on both sides.

Ana’s a tall woman, lean and muscular with amber eyes and stern angular face. Her hair is short and black, cut in a stylish but practical bob that adds to her no nonsense appearance. A black tattoo of a sylized knotwork wolf with crimson eyes wraps around her left bicep and shoulder, six angular characters in an unknown script appear under the motif.

“Anistasia Jones,” she says with a quiet authority, “I was, until 19 days ago, the CG for the 227th Imperial Army RDD operating in this corner of the Imperium, I am no longer and the 227th was largely demobilized insitu to help some technocrat back in the core balance his budget. I am the last of my command abandoned here and as such it is time for me to depart as well. First in, last out.”

She pauses a moment collecting her thoughts, “In addition to my military skills I have twenty years worth of experience navigating the Imperial bureaucracy, a heavy duty mechanics ticket and I’m a licenced electrician.”
"Pleased to meet you Anistasia. If you can handle Imperial bureaucracy you should come in handy dealing with the local Port Authorities and Officials we run across and mechanics and electronics put you over halfway to an Engineering certification."says Wen as he offers to shake hands with Ana.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#95 Post by Eris »

joertexas wrote:Vee steps forward from where she was standing against the rear bulkhead. "I'm Anevay Becker, late of the Blue Star Lines. I was first officer on the Sovereign of the Stars, a two thousand ton liner. I hold a Navigator's certificate, along with other qualifications."
"Pleased to meet you Anevay." Wen says, "I've heard of the Blue Star Lines, was it a good outfit to work for?"
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#96 Post by Eris »

lenusmars wrote:Oh, Uhm... Well, those are hard acts to follow, right? Hello..." Sara smiles and gives a tiny wave to everyone, looking around and brushing her copper-colored hair out of her wide hazel eyes. "Sara Kelley. 26. Yeah I know... baby face." Another smile. "Fresh from eight years in the Imperial Scout Service."She motions to her jump suit, which still has the patches, as if to prove it. "I hold a class 2 pilot certification and... uh... not much else officially. I can do a bit of everything really. Five solo missions on a scout ship will do that. I've been out here a bit and I probably know bits about a few places from hearsay if nothing else. And... uh... I'm a passable guitar player."
"Guitar player?" Wen grins,"That's great! What sort of music do you play? I have a violin that I fiddle around with, mostly Gypsy or Traveller Jazz. Maybe we can jam sometime?

"Level 2 Pilot, some local information and surviving the Scout Service shows you have good instincts. If you're agreeable to the Articles of Agreement, welcome to the crew Sara!", Wen offers his hand to shake on it.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#97 Post by Eris »

GodricTheWell wrote:"Captain, er, uh... Wen, sir. Mark Wood. As you saw in my letter, my previous Captain's retirement forced our entire crew to find new assignments. I'm not just here to escape the planet, though it is one of the benefits of joining your ship. I'm much obliged for the opportunity."

Mark, having gotten past the awkward leveling of rank and title, proceeded with a little more confidence.

"I was 3rd Officer under Captain Filbin. Gained some of my skills, by necessity, from experience. Most notably Gunnery-1 and Medical-1. But, I prefer working with computer systems (Computer-1) and look forward to the opportunity to grow that side of my skills. I'm done with being shot at, if you catch my drift sir, uh... Wen."

Mark thought about mentioning is experience as a Steward-1, but thought better of it... Due to his young age, he didn't want to end up being the dishwasher if he didn't have to.
Wrap it up, man!

"I've got my own Vacc Suit-1, but probably can't pony-up enough credits to fully buy-in today."
"Mr. Wood, or Mark if I may, it's a pleasure to meet you."

"If it is going to be a problem for you, call me Captain Rodriquez, but outside of the command chair, I'm hoping we can all have a more relaxed and informal relationship aboard The Mazie Star. I'm afraid Gunnery isn't going to be much help as this ship only has hardpoints, no turrets, no weapons. We'll be running away from dangers if we can."
Wen says with a slight smile, "Computer and Medical will come in handy, though, as will your experience working in a vacuum."
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#98 Post by Eris »

erkenbrand wrote:The tall slim man in the smart vacc suit steps forward, his greying hair cut short and his chiseled features somewhat charming.

"Simon Tanaka at your service, Captain, a credible pilot (4) and 7 term in the Merchants. he executes a poor excuse for a salute, clearly not a military trainee, but he shows all the hallmarks of a company man.
"Good to meet you Simon." Wen shakes his hand rather than saluting,"Seven terms in the Merchant Service is bound to teach you a thing or two, as I know well."
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#99 Post by Eris »

Ramona wrote:“So,”Ana says counting on her fingers and nodding to everyone in turn, “let me see if I have this right, two captains, two first officers, a second officer, two third officers, a scout and a grunt. That’s a lot of brass.”

She grins a little and winks at Sara, “Well I mean at least the two of us have some real world experience and we can probably guess who’s going to get stuck unstopping the bog.”

Ana crosses her arms, the wolf tattoo on her bicep seems to move of its own accord, “We have any leads on cargo or passengers skipper?”
Wen laughs, "Yeah, it'll probably be me that ends up unstopping the loo. What I want to know is do we have anyone with Steward experience besides me?"

"I'm not a bad cook, but having someone else to swap off with will give some variety to the meals, and as all of you probably know, a ship travels on its jump drive, but it's crew travels on is stomach."
Wen grins.

Andy who has been quiet up to now says, "You don't want to eat my cooking Cap. I'm Antony Sokolov, call me Andy and I think I'm your Engineer as I haven't heard anyone mention having any certifications in that area. It also turns out I'm really, really, good at Navigation, but mostly I'd prefer to be back in the Engine Room tinkering around with the power plant and the drives."

"Yeah, we do need an Engineer." Wen says shaking Andy's hand, "Have you had a chance to look at the plant and drives yet? How much work is going to be needed before we can lift out of here?"

Andy shakes his head, "No chance yet, Skipper. I'll dig in back there as soon as we get this meeting finished." adding with a grin, "Y'all probably won't see me, outside of meals, unless you come back to the Engine Room."

"As far as cargo and passengers, I haven't had a chance to look into that yet."Wen says, "I dare say we won't have trouble getting folks who want off this rock, and we do have 20 low berths we can fill. Cargo, I'm much more unsure of."

"Folks, the thing is we've only got one place to jump to from here and that's a Zero population planet called Fogbound. I doubt any passengers will want to be dropped off there, so they'll be paying to go through Fogbound and on to our next destination. That will pretty much have to be Shedezar (D589799-7 Ri) as the other choice is also a zero pop planet called Bistron. "

"We're going to need to do some smart speculative trading out here to make enough money to keep the wolves...and the bank...away from our door. Now, Shedezar is a rich planet and agricultural and luxury products do sell well on planets like that so that's what we'll be looking for, right? I'm probably going to be pretty busy getting the ship ready to fly, so we probably need someone else to step up and look for a good buy here for us to sell on Shedezar."

OOC: We're also going to need Jump Tapes for all of our jumps. Here on Tegel we can buy one for Fogbound, but can we also buy a Jump Tape from Fogbound to Shedezar here, or will tapes be available for purchase at the E class...bare ground with a fence around it...star port on Fogbound?
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#100 Post by joertexas »

Eris wrote:"Pleased to meet you Anevay." Wen says, "I've heard of the Blue Star Lines, was it a good outfit to work for?"
"Yes, it was, Sir," Vee replies with a smile.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Return to “Wine Dark Rift (Classic Traveller)”