001 cargo and passenger logistics

ffilz
joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Kicking off

#81 Post by joertexas »

ffilz wrote:What's it worth to me? It's an opportunity to resettle with a chance of making a decent life.
"I'll leave this for you to sort out," Vee tells Ana. "I'm going back to the terminal to find more passengers."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#82 Post by Eris »

joertexas wrote:
ffilz wrote:What's it worth to me? It's an opportunity to resettle with a chance of making a decent life.
"I'll leave this for you to sort out," Vee tells Ana. "I'm going back to the terminal to find more passengers."
Wen nods, "Do that Vee."

"Now, Mr??? I do understand your position, but you must understand ours." Wen says, "Leaving the Star Port would put us into the middle of a shooting war to chase after a box that doesn't belong to you or us. Do you even know which faction controls the area where this box is supposed to be, or that it still exists...hasn't been blown to kingdom come or taken by someone else? The risk vs reward here doesn't seem at all promising."

Wen adds, "I know you don't what to hear this, but it seems to me that for the money you'd have to pay us to entice us to undertake this forlorn hope you could get to Fogbound and set yourself up there fairly well."

"If I were you, I'd book passage and buy up survival goods to transport to
Fogbound." Wen says, "Set up shop there selling the goods you bring in to the new colonists we're looking to transport there. Once things settle down here, bring in more goods for sale and so on. If you're still interested in minerals, hire a geologist, maybe one of the colonists, to redo those surveys and go from there.

Going that route has a much better chance of you living long enough to reap some rewards from your knowledge that there *are* minerals on Fogbound to exploit than trying to get through, probably, more than one combat zone *and* back."
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#83 Post by ffilz »

Eris wrote:
joertexas wrote:
Wen nods, "Do that Vee."

"Now, Mr??? I do understand your position, but you must understand ours." Wen says, "Leaving the Star Port would put us into the middle of a shooting war to chase after a box that doesn't belong to you or us. Do you even know which faction controls the area where this box is supposed to be, or that it still exists...hasn't been blown to kingdom come or taken by someone else? The risk vs reward here doesn't seem at all promising."

Wen adds, "I know you don't what to hear this, but it seems to me that for the money you'd have to pay us to entice us to undertake this forlorn hope you could get to Fogbound and set yourself up there fairly well."

"If I were you, I'd book passage and buy up survival goods to transport to
Fogbound." Wen says, "Set up shop there selling the goods you bring in to the new colonists we're looking to transport there. Once things settle down here, bring in more goods for sale and so on. If you're still interested in minerals, hire a geologist, maybe one of the colonists, to redo those surveys and go from there.

Going that route has a much better chance of you living long enough to reap some rewards from your knowledge that there *are* minerals on Fogbound to exploit than trying to get through, probably, more than one combat zone *and* back."
"It's Mr. Kamir. I understand, well, I will consider my options, in the meantime, I am still at least interested in a high passage. I'd like to reserve the option on 10 tons of cargo should I be able to find a way to get the container."
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#84 Post by joertexas »

Eris wrote:Wen nods, "Do that Vee."
"Aye, Sir." Vee nods respectfully and makes her way back to the passenger waiting area in the terminal.

Are we charging 10Kcr per cabin, or per person for the staterooms? Also, the low berths are 1Kcr each?
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#85 Post by Eris »

joertexas wrote:
"Aye, Sir." Vee nods respectfully and makes her way back to the passenger waiting area in the terminal.

Are we charging 10Kcr per cabin, or per person for the staterooms? Also, the low berths are 1Kcr each?
Wen wants to charge "standard rates" and not try to price gouge these people.

OOC: Low is 1Kcr and High is 10Kcr and is generally single occupancy. My thinking is that if two people share a stateroom that would be 8Kcr each, minus 2Kcr each for life support...or is it 2Kcr per stateroom rather than passenger? Frank?
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#86 Post by ffilz »

Eris wrote:
joertexas wrote:

Wen wants to charge "standard rates" and not try to price gouge these people.

OOC: Low is 1Kcr and High is 10Kcr and is generally single occupancy. My thinking is that if two people share a stateroom that would be 8Kcr each, minus 2Kcr each for life support...or is it 2Kcr per stateroom rather than passenger? Frank?
Life support is 2 kcr per stateroom, occupied or not, double or single. 100 cr (I think) per low berth, occupied or not.

While passengers normally will not double up with Middle Passage, the refugees will gladly do so, so your best profit is to fill all staterooms double occupancy with Middle Passagengers, and not take any High Passengers.

To speed things up a bit, assuming you present the desire to double occupancy the state rooms: Mr. Karim will be happy to double up, but would still like to pay 10 kcr (to get the better food and steward care that Middle Passengers do not get). He has a friend that will bunk with him for standard 8 kcr Middle Passage.
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#87 Post by joertexas »

ffilz wrote:To speed things up a bit, assuming you present the desire to double occupancy the state rooms: Mr. Karim will be happy to double up, but would still like to pay 10 kcr (to get the better food and steward care that Middle Passengers do not get). He has a friend that will bunk with him for standard 8 kcr Middle Passage.
Okay, so Middle passage is 8kcr per person?
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#88 Post by ffilz »

joertexas wrote:
ffilz wrote:To speed things up a bit, assuming you present the desire to double occupancy the state rooms: Mr. Karim will be happy to double up, but would still like to pay 10 kcr (to get the better food and steward care that Middle Passengers do not get). He has a friend that will bunk with him for standard 8 kcr Middle Passage.
Okay, so Middle passage is 8kcr per person?
Yes, Low Passage is 1 kcr, Middle 8 kcr, High 10 kcr.

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#89 Post by Ramona »

Is the 2k on top of those prices or included in?

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#90 Post by Ramona »

ffilz wrote:"It's Mr. Kamir. I understand, well, I will consider my options, in the meantime, I am still at least interested in a high passage. I'd like to reserve the option on 10 tons of cargo should I be able to find a way to get the container."
Ana turns her head to look at Wen, “What’s our desired window of departure? Keeping in mind that the longer we wait to see if he can get his cargo together the smaller our window of opportunity is for filling that 10 ton with a shelter and people.”

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#91 Post by ffilz »

Ramona wrote:Is the 2k on top of those prices or included in?
Those are ticket prices, the 2k life support cost is incurred by the ship, so, an empty stateroom nets the ship -2 kcr, a middle passage nets 6 kcr, a high passage nets 8 kcr, and a double occupancy middle passage nets 14 kcr.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#92 Post by joertexas »

ffilz wrote:
Those are ticket prices, the 2k life support cost is incurred by the ship, so, an empty stateroom nets the ship -2 kcr, a middle passage nets 6 kcr, a high passage nets 8 kcr, and a double occupancy middle passage nets 14 kcr.
Okay, got it. Vee is looking for the passenger area in the terminal.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#93 Post by ffilz »

joertexas wrote:
ffilz wrote:
Okay, got it. Vee is looking for the passenger area in the terminal.
Ok, to cut to the chase, Vee will easily be able to land as many passengers as you want to take. You get one young couple wanting to pay 20 kcr (10 kcr each) to share a stateroom and have the attention and better meals of high passage.

So I think all that is necessary is to update the finance books with the costs of the advanced base modules, the life support costs (including the extra costs for the advanced bases), fuel costs, and the cost of the jump tape and then we can take care of departure.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#94 Post by joertexas »

ffilz wrote:Ok, to cut to the chase, Vee will easily be able to land as many passengers as you want to take. You get one young couple wanting to pay 20 kcr (10 kcr each) to share a stateroom and have the attention and better meals of high passage.
Vee does her best to select couples and families first, and then single people who seem to be compatible. She uses her experience with other passengers, and questions each person, asking each of them if they have ever committed a serious crime, or if they have a substance abuse issue. For each of the people she does select, she asks if they have any medical or dietary needs, and reminds them they will be landing on a planet with somewhat fewer amenities.

When she has enough people to fill the staterooms and the low berths, Vee sends a message to Ana and Captain Wen with the names of their passengers, and asks them to call her when the ship is ready to receive them.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#95 Post by ffilz »

joertexas wrote:
ffilz wrote:Ok, to cut to the chase, Vee will easily be able to land as many passengers as you want to take. You get one young couple wanting to pay 20 kcr (10 kcr each) to share a stateroom and have the attention and better meals of high passage.
Vee does her best to select couples and families first, and then single people who seem to be compatible. She uses her experience with other passengers, and questions each person, asking each of them if they have ever committed a serious crime, or if they have a substance abuse issue. For each of the people she does select, she asks if they have any medical or dietary needs, and reminds them they will be landing on a planet with somewhat fewer amenities.

When she has enough people to fill the staterooms and the low berths, Vee sends a message to Ana and Captain Wen with the names of their passengers, and asks them to call her when the ship is ready to receive them.
Are you also filling the advanced bases at this time?

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#96 Post by joertexas »

ffilz wrote:Are you also filling the advanced bases at this time?
Not yet.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#97 Post by joertexas »

ffilz wrote:In the interests of moving things along, what input do people feel is needed to move forward to the next scene?

Once we have an understanding there, I will start a new thread for the new scene.

I think it would help if people are waiting for a specific response for that to be indicated if it isn't clear from the dialog or action description.
Vee is good to go - she's gathering as many passengers as we can fit into the accommodations.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#98 Post by Eris »

Ramona wrote:
ffilz wrote:"It's Mr. Kamir. I understand, well, I will consider my options, in the meantime, I am still at least interested in a high passage. I'd like to reserve the option on 10 tons of cargo should I be able to find a way to get the container."
Ana turns her head to look at Wen, “What’s our desired window of departure? Keeping in mind that the longer we wait to see if he can get his cargo together the smaller our window of opportunity is for filling that 10 ton with a shelter and people.”
Wen shrugs, "I'd like to lift out of here tomorrow, if we could do it with a full load, but I think two days is more realistic. No longer than that, though."

"I think we can give Mr. Kamir until tomorrow afternoon to deliver his 10 ton cargo to the ship. After that, I think we should just put in another module and passengers and go."
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#99 Post by ffilz »

Eris wrote:
Ramona wrote:
Wen shrugs, "I'd like to lift out of here tomorrow, if we could do it with a full load, but I think two days is more realistic. No longer than that, though."

"I think we can give Mr. Kamir until tomorrow afternoon to deliver his 10 ton cargo to the ship. After that, I think we should just put in another module and passengers and go."
Just to clarify my understanding. At this point, while Ana has lined up the advance base modules, no one has actually secured passengers for them, arranged delivery, or secured the additional supplies. All of that could either be handled in a new scene or possibly a post or two in this thread.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#100 Post by joertexas »

ffilz wrote:Just to clarify my understanding. At this point, while Ana has lined up the advance base modules, no one has actually secured passengers for them, arranged delivery, or secured the additional supplies. All of that could either be handled in a new scene or possibly a post or two in this thread.
Vee is engaged in booking as many passengers as needed.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Return to “Wine Dark Rift (Classic Traveller)”